PDA

View Full Version : o.O

Poo Fly
17-08-2005, 11:10 AM
whilst playing BB a few days ago, i joined a game and was told there was a spare mind material and i could take it another peep warned me not to pick up the mind mat lying near the bank as it would disconnect me if i did, the first person then got disapointed that i didnt take it, then i left. (cant remember names but i think i got screenshots) Have they actually hacked stuff to d/c you if you pick them up?

Moonwraith
17-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Not as far as I'm aware, no.

There is a bug in the game however, that can 'corrupt' items dropped to the floor on P2. You can't tell when a item is corrupt, until you try to pick it up. If it is corrupt, you don't get the item but it d/c's you instantly (error 100). This can happen elsewhere too, I've been d/c'd by a item from a Santemillion box before, but the most I've seen of this has been in P2.

The person telling you to pick up the mind mat was probably playing a game with you, knowing that if you tried to pick up the mat you would d/c. I don't know of any way to get around this - it's safe to assume that any item that corrupts like this is lost forever.

Fabo Craven
17-08-2005, 12:52 PM
it happens when the game thinks the item is "hacked". if you have a hacked weapon in your inventory you d'c. so when you try to pick up the alledgilly "hacked" item you d'c.

Anti Hacker
17-08-2005, 03:20 PM
And thats why you never drop trade on BB, they get your item you disconnect. At least the hacked item stays on the floor though!

Poo Fly
17-08-2005, 06:12 PM
ok i'll be more catious of floor stuff from now on them :P