PDA

View Full Version : question

nyra90
11-08-2005, 06:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantasy-Star-Online-I-II-Gamecube-GC-RARE-ITEMS_W0QQitemZ8210843983QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

first off i feel sorry for the person that buys this
and second isn't that against pso tos?

Faulkie
11-08-2005, 07:33 PM
How do they ship PSO items? :S

And I dunno what the TOS are.

jarl
11-08-2005, 07:59 PM
lol, those auctions are always funny but i feel sorry for the poor sod who buys em. the worst bit is this:

'none of the items have been hacked'

'dark bridge 0,100,0,100,5'

and then theres this:

'Suppressed Gun +9 100/0/0/100/10'

pity they didnt tech it right isnt it, then it could have at least 15% hit.....

nyra90
11-08-2005, 10:37 PM
How do they ship PSO items? :S

And I dunno what the TOS are.

i think its on memory cards and its like buy it now 7 bucks, shipping 20 bucks lol

Faulkie
12-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Oh right, gotcha.

Ah well, I'd really rather earn it than buy it on ebay. Especially how then I know it's not hacked.

Sephiroth Now
12-08-2005, 05:37 PM
That is the saddest, most pathetic thing I have ever seen...*shakes head in disgust*
And it's saved on a MadCatz memcard... It will corrupt like 2 days after you get it. Those memcards are like 5 bucks and they corrupt every time you save anything on them...pathetic.

nyra90
12-08-2005, 06:58 PM
shipping takes longer then that

Phantom_RAcast
13-08-2005, 12:44 AM
That is the saddest, most pathetic thing I have ever seen...*shakes head in disgust*
And it's saved on a MadCatz memcard... It will corrupt like 2 days after you get it. Those memcards are like 5 bucks and they corrupt every time you save anything on them...pathetic.
Thats over stating it.. While they arent the best as long as you dont go online on pso with them they last fine

day
03-10-2005, 06:06 PM
and the point of that is...........:S funny bit is about the "total legitimecy" when they had said:suppressed gun 2 100%'s and same with the dark bridge. Also who would give all the lv15&30 techs away:S

Lee-yoshi
03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
TOS i'm guessing means 'Terms of Service' (I.E. The Agreement you abide by when playing the game online which you agreed to when you bought your Hunters License). And yes, it is against the TOS, mainly because they are hacked items, i mean, blatently - However, PSO isnt the only online game to have items sold through eBay! People used to sell lots of their World of Warcraft gold on eBay, but Blizzard got real ratarsed about it and asked eBay to track them all down... they can't play WoW anymore :P There are other games where it happens, but the only time i've ever known anything to be done about it is with the Blizzard case i just described.

Arrogantelf
03-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Oh cool...look i can buy a mem card with all these "items" stored on it. Wow now i can destroy the whole point of owning Pso.

Wtf...........?

Phantom_RAcast
03-10-2005, 11:40 PM
It doesnt destroy the point of owning pso. It isnt the smartest thing to do as you can get those things for free.

whiteninja
04-10-2005, 03:09 AM
Huh... I remember a thread about this a long time ago.... I tried to report a few of those hack sellers, but both eBay and Sega ignored me...

About 3 days ago, I searched to see if there was still that same problem and I found a guy selling legit weapons, among them a legit Dark Meteor, several Gulds, Millas, Heaven's Punishers, Psycho Wands and the like. I emailed him and asked him to tell me where he got all of those "legit" items because I knew they were all hacks... he hasn't responded.

Any jackass who sells that crap as legit stuff deserves to die. :@ And any legit who is selling the same sort of uber rares, but legit, deserves something worse than death for depreciating them. :@

Warrior
18-10-2005, 11:12 AM
hah, thats pathetic, why would someone waste thier money on that in the first place..

Is'nt the dark metoer a hacked weapon anyway since you cant get the parasitic gene flow

i cant stop laughing...

UK Jester
18-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I've seen this type of item on sale at e-bay many many times, so claims of all the items being legit are laughable unless the seller lives on PSO and has about 20 friends doing the same to get all the items, somehow I doubt it.

If someone wants to spend that kind of money on the product then so let it be, but you would have to be an utter newbie to the game to not spot some serious dodgy items.

I wonder how many European PSO players have brought that memory card with the items - unless they have an import version of PSO 1 & 2/Plus they have wasted all their money. You can't transfer US PSO data to EU PSO data, as I found out when I got PSO Plus :$

Regards

UK Jester

Legato2471
19-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Huh... I remember a thread about this a long time ago.... I tried to report a few of those hack sellers, but both eBay and Sega ignored me...

About 3 days ago, I searched to see if there was still that same problem and I found a guy selling legit weapons, among them a legit Dark Meteor, several Gulds, Millas, Heaven's Punishers, Psycho Wands and the like. I emailed him and asked him to tell me where he got all of those "legit" items because I knew they were all hacks... he hasn't responded.

Any jackass who sells that crap as legit stuff deserves to die. :@ And any legit who is selling the same sort of uber rares, but legit, deserves something worse than death for depreciating them. :@

Woah there buddy, calm the fsck down, PSO is just a game. Keep in mind it is Sega's fault for both not blocking AR usage and not doing a better job of keeping their data encrypted. If there security was higher and they had mods that actually banned people you wouldn't have problems like this.

UK Jester
19-10-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm in complete agreement with Legato, the real fault lies with SEAGA and Sonic Team. If I remember correctly, a hacker who posted on the Corruption and FSOD sticky actually sent ST an e-mail with the coding to stop FSOD on the Gamecube Servers - it has been used so people like myself still suffer losing equipment to FSOD. I would still be 100% legit if I hadn't lost my S-Rank Twin to an FSOD - now I go around with a dupe from someone else that I have recustomised by changing the special.

I don't think the dodgy geezer selling the crap on a card needs to die - but ebay and SEGA are at fault for not sorting this issue out. Having said that, I've seen loads of fake English language Pokemon Emerald games being sold from Hong Kong a few months before the official US version came out, so it's not just SEGA who are being lax. Also, as I said earlier, only a total newbie would believe the comments about everything being legit. I'm sure most people who buy these fake legits on a card don't care so long as they get the equipment.

Waffle over.

UK Jester

NetNomad
19-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah but they should at least say so. The only reason they're making money at all is because a bunch of noobs go there, think "ZOMG I'M GETTING EVERY ITEM IN TEH GAEM LEGIT" and pay twenty bucks for something that's really just a bit of AR work.

So the fault lies with Sega/ST, the seller, and the idiot buyer. I DO think that Ebay needs to get off their asses and check up on these things once in awhile, because this isn't the first, or probably even hundredth time this has happened.

whiteninja
20-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Woah there buddy, calm the fsck down, PSO is just a game. Keep in mind it is Sega's fault for both not blocking AR usage and not doing a better job of keeping their data encrypted. If there security was higher and they had mods that actually banned people you wouldn't have problems like this.I realize that Sega and eBay are at fault, and that it is just a game, but I certainly won't calm down about that... There are a few things that really tick me off... that is one of them... messing with someone else's gameplay is another one of them...

Legato2471
21-10-2005, 01:04 AM
If things like that are what really tick you off you must have a really good life. Also, unless you have a method to stop the things that tick you off, why tell people about it? I mean, it's not like somebody will step foward and say "Here I will help you!" If you can't solve it, don't talk about it, then it won't bother you as much.