PDA

View Full Version : Artists wanted for PSO Machinima!

Jonathan_F
05-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Hey everyone, I'm currently looking for an artist who will be willing to sign on for the Phantasy Star Online Machinima that I am currently planning and recruiting for. A machinima is basically a video made using a game engine. One of the most popular is red vs blue which uses the halo engine. www.redvsblue.com

I know nothing about art and what programs there are for lip syncing. And so i'm looking for an art director who will handle all of the mouth moving and lip syncing of this machinima project. I'm gonna require a fairly fast turn around time once the project gets completely underway, so as a test, the first to complete and turn this back to me (just PM me) will get the job. Here's the test clip i need edited.

http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/what.avi

yes it really is that short. It'll get longer as I work on the teaser.

Also I don't want any new animation styles in this. Make it so the mouths look like they could actually exist in the game, like this example. http://atlas.walagata.com/w/puppet/humar.gif

whiterabbit1985
11-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Not A SINGLE REPLY?? im surprised that no one can do this kinda thing it sounds fun and after the success of red vs blue i thought ud b more interested oh well...... but its not really gonna work i doubt anyone has the software necessarey but id suggest stringin together GIFS and usin movie maker thatd work it works for y anime projects. Anyway good luck.

Anti Hacker
12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Yeah me to, there was the sims one that the Red vs Blue dudes did and I heard that was pretty good (I dont really like the sims as it is,go and get some Real life skill points!)

It's a great idea, I have no knowledge of this subject though so I cannot help.

mr_shoe_uk
12-07-2005, 10:28 AM
That's a quite cool idea, many PSO players already make up little stories around their characters, and the 4-player team squad lends itself quite perfectly to this though.

PSO characters never move their mouths though, so some severe editing would be needed in order to get it looking right, it would require some very powerful visual tools too, to do so much keeping with the voices and the current motions. I propose that instead of voice-acting, you get the players/actors to just use normal PSO-talk, saying their given lines?