PDA

View Full Version : Would having a duped item do anything to my drop rates?

Tsunami
27-06-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm wondering this because I recently found out how to dupe and I've been duping my rarest units. I'm wondering if it affects my drop rates because I went into V-hard caves, found a Nar Lily, killed it and all I got was 2134 Meseta instead of HP/Revival. (87.5% chance of HP/Revival). Since not getting the item is very unprobable, I was wondering if I should keep my duped items. :(

~Buddah~
27-06-2005, 10:36 PM
no, most people on here make back ups {so if there game freezes you have all your rares} if you dont trade them i think itll be okay and no it doesnt affect your drop rate

Tsunami
28-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Oh ok.
I'm trading my friend copies of all my items for copies of all of his. I was just making sure that if my game was messed up from the dupes, that his wouldn't be.

Thank you for your help.

Lee Xao Vue
28-06-2005, 02:34 AM
why would u do that? the fun is gettin the rares man :) weird first time i heard of dupe trading for same items how odd lol =)

Tsunami
28-06-2005, 02:44 AM
I always thought the fun was in killing everything in sight.

Plus my friend and I are very strange when it comes to PSO.

Sage
28-06-2005, 04:57 AM
I'd hate to burst your bubble, but trading dupes is pretty much illegit... :P
Oh well, nothing we can do about that though.

Tsunami
28-06-2005, 05:36 AM
How is trading dupes for other dupes illegit?

Vicous
28-06-2005, 05:42 AM
i dont dupe my items i find them fair and square

Vicous
28-06-2005, 05:43 AM
trading items is ligitt but its wrong morally but financhaly :) :) :D :D :) :D :) :D

Sage
28-06-2005, 05:43 AM
Because its almost like cheating. You can keep dupes as back-ups if you get FSOD, But then you could dupes as many items as you want and trade them with other ppl continuously just to get other rares. So dupingfor trading and giving away is illegit.
EDIT: BTW Vicous, you're not allowed to double post. plz don't do it again.

Vicous
28-06-2005, 05:46 AM
it is liget but it is wrong and its a rip off the person will end up selling it to a noob for an assload and the noob wont know he got ripped off

Sage
28-06-2005, 05:48 AM
it is liget but it is wrong and its a rip off the person will end up selling it to a noob for an assload and the noob wont know he got ripped off
Hate to argue with you there, but duping for trading or getting other items isn't legit.

Vicous
28-06-2005, 05:50 AM
i think it would be becaus ther is know liget or illegitin pso

Vicous
28-06-2005, 05:51 AM
how do you get that thing that shows all your characters on it

Vicous
28-06-2005, 05:53 AM
hello

Sage
28-06-2005, 06:01 AM
There is legit and illegit in PSO. Legit is playing the game non-hacked. Illegit is playing the game with anything hacked(like if you have hacked items equipped, or hacking while playing the game. That's illegit)
I made this thing that shows all my chars by using paint, so plz stay on topic or PM me next time you have a question that's off-topic.
Also, plz don't SPAM or post more than once. Instead of posting multiple times, just edit your post.

Lee Xao Vue
28-06-2005, 06:08 AM
trading items is ligitt but its wrong morally but financhaly :) :) :D :D :) :D :) :D

read forum rules bro , DONT DOUBLE POST.......OR TRIPLE POST!
wow thats the 2nd time ive seen a triple post new record for seing that...

Tsunami
28-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Edit: Nevermind, he triple posted several times...

And I don't even have online.

Vicous
28-06-2005, 06:49 AM
sry i was bad

Sage
28-06-2005, 06:54 AM
It's fine, just follow the rules and plz stay on-topic.
Getting back on-topic: Having duped items won't affect your drop rate.(Hope that question was answered earlier though, lol.)

Tsunami
28-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Yeah, it was. lol.

Thank you anyway.

I found out that most rare weapons I recieve are dupes from my friends...doesn't bother me any.

Vicous
28-06-2005, 08:09 AM
thanks for that i just wanted to know if anyone was there

Anti Hacker
28-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Answer to the question stated in topic title: No

Lee Xao Vue
29-06-2005, 01:33 AM
alright hacker tell me if im wrong but:
i duped 99 pds 99 trimates and 2 of a dbs saber and did 5 runs through the ruin i never once got a rare so am i just gettin unlucky or is it like a hacked item to the game system? if im unlucky plz tell me if u duped and how long it took for u to get a rare my runs were all on v-hard ruins so i have percise data.

Vicous
29-06-2005, 01:45 AM
i get all my rares from ruins and caves hard

Tsunami
29-06-2005, 02:00 AM
We don't care vicous and now your just wasting posting space.

And having more then 10x of a Monomate or Dimate will mess up your drop rate. Get rid of them so you only have 10x of Dimate, Monomate, Trimate, Monofluid, Difluid, Trifluid, Sol atomizer, Moon atomizer, Star atomizer, Antidote, Antiparalysis, Telepipe and Trap vision. All others you dupe are fine and Photon drops can exceed 10x obviously without messing your drop rate up.

Lee Xao Vue
29-06-2005, 02:46 AM
DAMIT! now i gotta go retry ....this is fing like science class grr stupid trials and stuff lol back to ruins with only 10x items ....GRR! sry for post that had no meaning i brb with new results and post them after

PSO Paul
29-06-2005, 09:17 AM
DAMIT! now i gotta go retry ....this is fing like science class grr stupid trials and stuff lol back to ruins with only 10x items ....GRR! sry for post that had no meaning i brb with new results and post them after

Stacking items eg 99 trimates sets drop rate to 0 you need to turn it back to 10 items and restart the game or the drop rates will still be set to 0 so in short if you stack no rares and quit game with 10 items or no rares:P

Phantom_RAcast
29-06-2005, 09:30 AM
No. I have personally found rares in a game where someone was using stacks

Anti Hacker
29-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Listen up everyone:

As Vash once explained it is impossible for dupes to affect drop rates. Since they are exactly the same as a legit weapon (because they are a complete duplication) they cannot and will not affect drop rates. The game will not tell them apart from the original. Hacks can alter from legit weapons, for instance the hacked SJS cannot be unsealed (no kill counter). If you duplicate a hack, because it is exactly the same as a hack it may affect drop rates.

REMEMBER: A dupe is not considered a seperate kind of item to the game, the two drop rate possible affecting type of items are hacked and un-hacked items. A dupe may fit into either of those categories. If a hacker does a good enough job then a hack may not affect drop rates at all, it hasnt even been proven that definate hacks (e.g. over stat mags) do affect drop rates.

The 99 tris would have been recognised by the game since it is impossible to stack that many, however if you lowered the items to only 10 tris but still had them as dupes there would be no effect on the game. From this we can see that it is not the fact the items are dupes thats makes the game possibly respond differently.

Lee Xao Vue
29-06-2005, 04:06 PM
yea, god i hate tryin to get precise data for forums lol always takes my time to figure how to do stuff lol had to learn how to f*ing dupe for my tests lol,
alright alright!
now! with my NEW DATA!
had duped another DB saber and made 10x trimates etc...
after 5 runs through the ruins i found 4 rares so for sure with my evidence so all know dupes do not do anything to drop rates.....

god well at least i got good data lol still no delsaber buster grrr!

Anti Hacker
29-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Exactly! Hacks and abnormal amounts of items may, but duplicates, never.

Tsunami
30-06-2005, 06:43 AM
Update: I tryed to find the unit again. Found the Lily, killed it, got the item. Thank you all for your help.