PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!

annoyedjester
13-06-2005, 11:31 PM
has anybody notice that the id calculators have chnged for bb? well i have been trying to get a pinkal for my fo and i cant get it? anybody know how to?

Teh EkwEE
13-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Pinkal sucks, go with anything else but Pinkal, Whitill is okay, so is Redria, maybe not for FO's but anyone will give you FO weps. for free.....

Infinite8
14-06-2005, 12:08 AM
I'd just try random names that sound cool.... thats what I usually do...
Good luck... I don't think anyone has that new calculator up and running yet, though...

annoyedjester
14-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Pinkal sucks, go with anything else but Pinkal, Whitill is okay, so is Redria, maybe not for FO's but anyone will give you FO weps. for free.....

but i thought pinkal was good for finding techs? well i have a friend who plays bb and she syas the same thing! she said that she hasnt found techs with pinkal. did they change the tech finding rate for pinkal?

Double Edge
14-06-2005, 12:53 AM
but i thought pinkal was good for finding techs?

Oh crap, don't let Kefka see that you said that...

annoyedjester
14-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Oh crap, don't let Kefka see that you said that...

why? and who's that? should i be scred 0_0;

Infinite8
14-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Who's Kefka!?......
Er.... run...now!!!!!!!!! (AND i DON'T MEAN JUST FROM KEFKA)

Phantom_RAcast
14-06-2005, 02:12 AM
new sec id calc: http://1337space.netfirms.com/psobb/idcalc.htm

Fabo Craven
14-06-2005, 02:56 AM
but i thought pinkal was good for finding techs
actually look at the ID calc-under pinkal it says*finds better tech disks* maybe they brought it back for V4

A.S.
14-06-2005, 02:59 AM
Nah, it's still a copy, of DC. The changes are insignificant between v3/v4, as of now.

annoyedjester
14-06-2005, 03:59 AM
Who's Kefka!?......
Er.... run...now!!!!!!!!! (AND i DON'T MEAN JUST FROM KEFKA)

0_0 ok ok im going! *takes off*

Hrith
14-06-2005, 11:43 AM
actually look at the ID calc-under pinkal it says*finds better tech disks* maybe they brought it back for V4Nope, and what is said about materials under this ID calculator is also absolutely false. Materials are found according to area and difficulty, not according to IDs.

I suggest you make an Oran char.

Why?
Oran is a good Force ID, now that you cannot pipe, it has the easiest Psycho Wand. And it has a good Ep4, too.

Also, there are very few Oran players on BB so far, it's always good to have an original ID, people are gonna want you :P

Teh EkwEE
14-06-2005, 06:09 PM
0.0;; Kefka managed to NOT blow his lid when someone mentioned the 'Pinkal finds better tech discs line', who the hell are you? What did you do with the original Kefka?......

Yeah Orans pretty good, they find some specific stuff, like Prophets of Motav, but none too rounded. You get a lot of mechguns too..........

annoyedjester
14-06-2005, 09:14 PM
ok well i made my charcter already but its a yellowboze. is that still good?

Wootem Ace
15-06-2005, 02:19 PM
It's not bad, as you find everything at equal rates, and a good mix of rares, but for a FO, you definitely want either ORAN or PINKAL IDS.

A.S.
15-06-2005, 03:39 PM
No, you could not possibly go wrong with a Yellowboze, great Force ID (but, is there a great Force ID considering all you need is the Club of Laconium and Fire Scepter propaganda to survive, don't make a pinkal though, people will give you laods of those items). Yellowboze is great, they get every enemy part, the average rates only remain intact with common 9 star weapons, which Yellowboze can luckily get everything of. Just do me a favor, and don't make a Pinkal, easily the worst ID and from personal experience I can tell you that, a large percent of the itmes a Pinkal will find, will find continueously find as in if it was a alliteration...

whiteninja
15-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Oran is a good Force ID, now that you cannot pipe, it has the easiest Psycho Wand.Well, I don't know about that. 1/512 for the Mil Lily appearance rate * 1/205 for the Psycho Wand drop is 1/104,960 which from Ob Lilies in Purplenum is pretty good. Especially when you can get them on only your 16th Mil :P

-Logan
15-06-2005, 05:00 PM
I'd say that Orans are decent. I'm working on one. The drop that A.S. got (synsista) is the same for an oran for the lavis. My opinion, I'd rather find a lavis than a synsista.

A.S.
15-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Wrong Whiteninja, 1/256 for rare enemy as an exclusive to BB.

And Logan, absolutely no idea why you think that if I started an Oran instead of a Purplenum that I would have the L. Cannon now instead of the Syncesta (if you think that, you must not understand how drops work). Anyway, L. Cannon is not relelant to Force equipment. And speaking of irrelevancy, I'm not sure how you could end up with 1/104,960 (or even 54,480), the drop for a Mil Lily on GC is `1/512, getting a Mil is almost a determined factor of getting the rare, thus, the only drop that makes sense is 1/205.

whiteninja
15-06-2005, 08:09 PM
1/256?! Lucky..... (but then again, there's no piping is there?)

Well if the odds of seeing a Mil are 1/256 Obs, then that means you need to find 256 Obs to see one Mil. Then to do that 205 times you'd need to see 54,480 Obs; that is, if the odds always worked out perfectly.

-Logan
15-06-2005, 08:15 PM
I hope you are aware that even though that is the drop, it is actually almost imposible to find a mil that will drop a psycho wand on that exact #Ob lily. My guess, much less. Then again I know that you are probly not a nOOb.

A.S.
16-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Considering how sweet the rare enemy drop is, and the 1/205-ain't-really-that-hard-drop-even-though-you'll-never-get-one makes Purplenum an excellent ID for Forces on GC/XB, exceptional for BB though as well, just not as much considering no piping will work.

Wootem Ace
17-06-2005, 01:57 PM
HEY!!! PINKAL doesn't suck. I have to play offline and the only way I get decent force weapons is with PINKAL.....mind you I do also have an ORAN FOnewm, but PINKAL doesn't suck.

A.S.
17-06-2005, 04:07 PM
HEY!!! PINKAL doesn't suck. I have to play offline and the only way I get decent force weapons is with PINKAL.....mind you I do also have an ORAN FOnewm, but PINKAL doesn't suck.

Next time, don't mind using quotes :p.

Pinkal has just enough items to live off, but no weapons/armors that seem interesting to hunt. On a Force, a Summit Moon, Fire Scepter Agni and whatnot are just enough to live off of and any Pinkal will give you free Fire Scepter AGNI's, Club of Laconium and the like (maybe not for BB while they are worth 1 point).

-Logan
18-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Even I am a Pinkal and I regret it. Today me and Todd (the one here) created a character on BB named Logan. It was a RAmar Pinkal. The only things we did were make fun of the ID saying things like, Skyly is the ID for me! Then we went on a photon chair which showed that we were pinkals. Seriously, Pinkals are terable. Never be one in the future!

A.S.
18-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Simply, you may need them sometimes online for Luminous Field and erm... and the other thing!! no wait, I'm out of reasons why a Pinkal online might be 1/4 useful as nearly any other ID excluding Bluefull/Greenill (aren't as bad but still kind of "bleh" IDs regardless of class).

Querytansytt
08-07-2005, 01:46 PM
even in offline i hate Pinkals...cuz the only thing i keep finding is a club of laconium...

angel
09-07-2005, 09:45 AM

I think BLUEFULL is a good ID for a Force.
So is PINKAL, PINKAL is the best for Force... :cool:

-Logan
10-07-2005, 12:02 AM
So is PINKAL, PINKAL is the best for Force... :cool:
Pinkal sucks. It the the worst ID ever. The only reason why someone would ever need one is to make a force and give their techniques %s.

A.S.
10-07-2005, 12:44 AM
technique %S?

In ep 1 and 2, THERE IS NO "BEST" FORCE ID

Pinkal is a Force-only ID. This does not mean, in any way, it's a good Force ID. It is even worse it is a Force ID, you could never trade with Hunters/Rangers. If you have BB, Greenil may be the worst ID, Pinkal has good ep 4, however, I doubt the topic-starter is BB'ing.

Oran, Yellowboze, and Purplenum are exceptional. Oran has the best non-piping drop for the PW, Yellowboze is good as well, it has enough items to give a Force a good collection. Purplenum having the best PW drop, otherwise, there isn't much a Force could get on Purplenum.

Nitemare101
24-07-2005, 07:12 PM
my HUcaseal's Pinkal and i've not found any problems with it yet its actually very very helpfull

-Logan
26-07-2005, 11:50 PM
IDs do not change the way you increase with leveling. Plus, your on level 8. PINKAL is only bad because is drops only force items. On ep4 though, I hear changes were made. If it weren't for ep4, PINKAL would still suck :)

A.S.
27-07-2005, 01:06 AM
Pinkal is terrible, not worth making one regardless if you want the Flowen's Sword 3073. But if you can manage your time wisely (e.g., being a mini-Kefka, you have a life but play PSO a lot) I couldn't possibly critisize you on making a Pinkal.

-Logan
27-07-2005, 09:44 PM
The way I see it, don't make a pinkal and if theres an item or two you want on the ID, team up with one.

Nitemare101
27-07-2005, 10:23 PM
pinkal does suck but it can find some decent hunter stuff on ultimate and episode 4

-Logan
27-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Yes, and only ep.4. Tell me one good item on ep 1 or 2 that is good for hunters with a good drop. Wait, no, five.

Teh EkwEE
27-07-2005, 10:38 PM
I have a level 139 Pinkal, the only thing worth finding is the 1/22 Pal Rappy 75' Agito. And the Holy Ray from Dal Ra Lie at at 1/57 drop rate (Currently I've done 40/57 runs.....no luck yet.) And of course there are the few Tower and Seabed drops that are exceptional. But otherwise Pinkal is a pointless ID.....My HUney was lv. 110 and my Pinkal was 120, My Skyly HUney is lv. 145 now, 6 levels higher than the Pinkal, due to Skyly having better drops...

Nitemare101
27-07-2005, 10:44 PM
oooh this could be fun
1975 agito
holy ray
branch of paku paku(depends how your feeling)
Asuka
Magic rock moola(for summit moon)

ha i did it yay :)

Nitemare101
27-07-2005, 10:45 PM
oh and heaven punisher while i'm at it

-Logan
27-07-2005, 10:59 PM
oooh this could be fun
1975 agito
holy ray
branch of paku paku(depends how your feeling)
Asuka
Magic rock moola(for summit moon)

ha i did it yay :)
1. After 31 pal rappys I've never found an agito 1975.
2. Holy Ray requires about 600-900 MST (kinda forgot the exact requirement)
3. forgot why the branch itn't good, lets go with unless you have a chao mag, your doomed.
4. yes, a good item. Possibly the best hunter item in 1and 2 for a pinkal.
5. I dont see how a hunter could possibly benifit from an item it cannot use.
6. heavens punisher, I think almost any ID can get it. And your hunter wont have much use from it (hints a ranger exclusive).

you got four more to go.

Teh EkwEE
27-07-2005, 11:36 PM
BoPP can become the Striker of Chao without the Chao Mag. All you do is start an online game of Towards the Future and as soon as you get to Forest 2 telepipe back to Pioneer 2 and go to the medical center. Once there you'll see a small yellow telepipe in the corner. Take it and it'll take you to Ruins 1 and the waterfall. Equip the BoPP and stand under it. After a while you'll start getting messages, don't move, you'll notice it's from a chao......it'll transform the BoPP into a SoC.......rinse and repeat.

We have a guide on site...

-Logan
28-07-2005, 10:13 PM
But hunters cannot use the striker of chao.