PDA

View Full Version : Hacking While finding items

Sagedeathsight
09-06-2005, 07:57 PM
is it true that if you have hacked items and mags that you cant find any rares. And if this is true will it still happen if they are in your bank

jarl
09-06-2005, 08:08 PM
er, no/

rena-ko
09-06-2005, 09:30 PM
if you play via pso plus, then a mag that's stats are out of the legal range (more than 200 level etc), will deactivate any rare drops.

i have no clue about if that mag needs to be carried around / equipped and honestly, since you shouldnt own such an item anyway, i dont really give a **** about further info.

earn your rares the honest way or just quit playing at all.

my two cents.

Anti Hacker
10-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Thats true, isn't the mag thing on PSO XBOX to? I thought it was. But I could be wrong.

NetNomad
10-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Does that apply if anyone on the team is using PSO Plus, or just the illegit mag holder?

Anti Hacker
10-06-2005, 04:55 PM
well if its the illigit who has their section ID drops on, and their drops are all set to 0, I imagine it would be the whole team. But I think actually on reflection it is only PSO+ and at that only a hacked mag.

rena-ko
10-06-2005, 05:01 PM
hm, PSO plus, xbox (patched) and the gameleader needs to carry that hacked mag.

i guess that was how it works.

NetNomad
10-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Hmm... so in theory, if I started games then I would be guaranteed to at least have a chance (I've never owned a hacked mag, I raise all of mine myself). That's some good news, at least. I had someone tell me yesterday that they found rares while using a hacked mag, but I didn't ask if they were leading the game or if they had plus...

Sage
10-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Hmm... so in theory, if I started games then I would be guaranteed to at least have a chance (I've never owned a hacked mag, I raise all of mine myself). That's some good news, at least. I had someone tell me yesterday that they found rares while using a hacked mag, but I didn't ask if they were leading the game or if they had plus...
No, I wasn't leading, but I do have ep1+2 plus. I'm not sure how that happened though... And no I'm not a hacker, some1 gave the hacked mag to me when I was getting raped by monsters... :$ So I'm not really sure about all these theories.

Anti Hacker
12-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Do weapons with over the maximum percentages have this effect on PSO+ to?

Scott Bull
16-06-2005, 10:44 PM
I think Sega also updated the servers to cater for this, it'd make sense as it'd require minimum effort on their part, and would also fix a common problem in the long term.

Anti Hacker
17-06-2005, 07:58 AM
well we all know sega dont even do minumum effort, right? :D

Scott Bull
17-06-2005, 05:49 PM
They could claim DLA for not having a brain, and not being able to find their a*ses with both hands.

If Sega can impliment something that requires minimum effort, they will do it, just it'll take them 6 months to get round to it, they have to remove the cobwebs from their bodies first, lol.

xXforceXx
18-06-2005, 04:17 AM
if your hacked and u join a legit party u will find rares. I tested it myself and it works.

But i dont recommend hacking ( it ruins the game )

Anti Hacker
20-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Glad that cleared that up. Actually I distinctly remember Vash telling us the same thing about a year ago T_T.
Though many did not believe him. He is gone now.

Scott Bull
23-06-2005, 11:38 PM
I still think it reduces your chances, and you won't get any decent rares, the ironic thing is though, if a person is hacking items, does it really bother them, lol.

Anti Hacker
26-06-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah, thats very true. Also if they want to go legit and are using a hacked mag until they regain lost items then they can't which would be kinda odd to.

Scott Bull
28-06-2005, 11:25 PM
That and it's the thrill of knowing you may find a rare weapon, then finding a red box, 4 people scrambling for it like a pack of wild-dogs, only to find out it's something cr*p like a Mahu, lol.

Lance813
29-06-2005, 01:08 AM
My friend gave me a hacked mag and i left it behind i may have a hacked weapon but i dropped the mag will it affect me if i had the mag or will it not will it happen if i use a hacked/duped etc weapon. Cuz i luv mah ancient saber.

Anti Hacker
29-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Bah 3rd time I have posted this TODAY!:

As Vash once explained it is impossible for dupes to affect drop rates. Since they are exactly the same as a legit weapon (because they are a complete duplication) they cannot and will not affect drop rates. The game will not tell them apart from the original. Hacks can alter from legit weapons, for instance the hacked SJS cannot be unsealed (no kill counter). If you duplicate a hack, because it is exactly the same as a hack it may affect drop rates.

REMEMBER: A dupe is not considered a seperate kind of item to the game, the two drop rate possible affecting type of items are hacked and un-hacked items. A dupe may fit into either of those categories. If a hacker does a good enough job then a hack may not affect drop rates at all, it hasnt even been proven that definate hacks (e.g. over stat mags) do affect drop rates.

The 99 tris would have been recognised by the game since it is impossible to stack that many, however if you lowered the items to only 10 tris but still had them as dupes there would be no effect on the game. From this we can see that it is not the fact the items are dupes thats makes the game possibly respond differently.

Scott Bull
30-06-2005, 06:20 PM
I still don't think Sega are as stupid as they make out, they know about this going on, and they've put in some measures to protect it, but since I don't trust those drop rates as far as I can spit without my tongue, I know that they could be affected by fake/duped items.

Anti Hacker
30-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Hmm, maybe you are correct scott. If the game stores a unique weapon ID or such a field then if it finds two weapons with the same ID that may affect things. I am pretty sure the game doesnt do this, though.

Scott Bull
09-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Which is possibel too, as the Black Paper shield that you could get from online during an event quest had a 5 digit number on the profile of each item.

Cortana
10-07-2005, 04:29 AM
I dont think the weap. affects it, but the mag sure does.

Sephiroth Now
10-07-2005, 06:02 AM
if you play via pso plus, then a mag that's stats are out of the legal range (more than 200 level etc), will deactivate any rare drops.

i have no clue about if that mag needs to be carried around / equipped and honestly, since you shouldnt own such an item anyway, i dont really give a **** about further info.

earn your rares the honest way or just quit playing at all.

my two cents.
Hell Yeah! You know your stuff. I hate all hacks and I hope they all just dissapear. Remember, only you can prevent the FROZEN SCREEN OF DEATH!

Legato2471
10-07-2005, 06:13 AM
No, only action replay, a firewall and sega can do that. LoL

Scott Bull
10-07-2005, 05:25 PM
And sueing the FSOD'ers, though there'd really be no point as McDonalds don't pay that much.

Legato2471
10-07-2005, 05:51 PM
I don't even have a job. ^_^ I'm 15, nobody will hire me around here

Scott Bull
17-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Know the feeling, when I left HS and again College, I had qualifications up to my eyeballs and no-one would employ me, (except the odd bit of game testing and product testing), then I got a job in a music store for 7 weeks, then when the paper-work for the company was solidified, (which like a year longer than it should 'cos 1 idiot lawyer lost one of the documents, and some court matters because of it, I had to wait, even then for like a month I didn't do squat with it, just to be sure), once I got the company, I was laughing all the way out of every rubbish paying job ever, all 1 of them, lol.

Have you ever thought about building a resume up of product testing and game testing, (start with 3rd party companies of course).

Always worth a chance, and with work permits you cna work at 15, good luck there anyhow.

Anyhow back to topic; I hope Sega will update the PSO1/2 and PSO3 lobbies with the new methods for PSO5, so even if they can't be bothered to give us new protections methods, they can give us ones from the new games.