PDA

View Full Version : New to EP3 :S

whiteninja
28-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Alrighty, I just started an EP3 file yesterday, and I played alot (using Arkz) and I have the basics down. I'm just wondering about a few things:

- the N#, and R# in the corner of the card
- what growing levels lets you do
- is there any relevance other than the coolness factor of the name, class, ID, and costume of the character you make at the start
- the whole combo-ing of cards that you attach to your monsters when attacking
- which Story Character is best to use
- what happened to Meseta? You can't buy anything???
- why couldn't I play another Booma after having 2 Hildebears out even though I rolled a 6 ATP
- is it better to get cards from the Story Mode or Free Battle
- can you repeat quests
- are there Hard, VH, and Ult difficulties

Thanks.

Mirinee
28-05-2005, 02:58 PM
- the N#, and R# in the corner of the card
It shows how rare a card is. The ranking goes N4, N3, N2, N1, R4, R3, R2, R1, S, SS, I think. N4 is the most common.

- what growing levels lets you do
Get rarer cards.

- is there any relevance other than the coolness factor of the name, class, ID, and costume of the character you make at the start
Nothing at all. It only serves as your avatar when you go online.

- the whole combo-ing of cards that you attach to your monsters when attacking
You can combo cards by matching up the side-colours on the left and right sides of the card. Make sure you have enough dice ATK points.

- which Story Character is best to use
I like FOmar Break and FOmar Relmitos. Depends a lot on the situation, really. Look carefully at each character's special ability (if they have one) and you decide :P.

- what happened to Meseta? You can't buy anything???
Not offline. Online, however...

- why couldn't I play another Booma after having 2 Hildebears out even though I rolled a 6 ATP
You cannot have more than 8 points' worth of items or creatures at one time.

- is it better to get cards from the Story Mode or Free Battle
Story Mode is more enjoyable for single player and gets you more experience, but if you have a friend offline, then you can do Free Battle against a COM team and both get more cards. :)

- can you repeat quests
Not unless you beat the whole storyline :(

- are there Hard, VH, and Ult difficulties
No. :(

Something else: sometimes deploying a certain character would trigger off cutscenes :), but unfortunately, the game doesn't make it very clear which character to use for which cutscene for which quest arc, so use a guide.

whiteninja
29-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Okay, thanks.

No Meseta.... That's crazy......