PDA

View Full Version : Nemphtis' Hacking/Glitching Questions

Nemphtis
26-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Right guys, I have a few questions I'd like answered. :)

I see alot of people using hacked weapons, using duplicated items (eg. Trimates x99 which isn't possible normally I think) I want to know if people use such things in my server does it means I won't find rare weapons? Someone told me if do used that stuff I won't find rare weapons, but what if I don't use it but someone else in my party is?

Also, I see alot of people duplicating stuff, may I ask how it is since I want to make a new character and use it to duplicate my MAG etc. so when I lose data on a character I can always get my items back since I've duped them. Don't bother tell me though if the dupe trick harms the game or players around me since it's not worth it then.

Another question I have is, how can I tell if someone us using a hacked weapon or MAG?

Thanks.

Poo Fly
26-05-2005, 11:09 AM
dupes and hacks don't usually effect drop rates etc so you should still find rares the same as before.

i never learnt how to dupe to protect myself fromany temptation so i can't help there

not many ways to tell if people use hacked stuff, just look out for mags with lv's 1304 or so and weapons with impossible %'s

Anti Hacker
27-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Look out for the items Red ring, Dark Flow, Dark meteor and Dark bridge. Also, just watch the damage they do.

~Buddah~
28-05-2005, 03:08 AM
im not going to tell you "how" to do it cuz that is like aganst the rules but dupeing is petty much makeing a backup of your char on your comp and then takeing the items off of him/her to put it roughly

Phantom_RAcast
28-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Look out for the items Red ring, Dark Flow, Dark meteor and Dark bridge. Also, just watch the damage they do.
any wep can do crazy damage if they have 127% percents on the right area

-ShadowX-
28-05-2005, 07:35 PM
I have a beam that has a 127% on natives...:( And I got it just from playing the game on hard, I wasn't hacking.

Phantom_RAcast
28-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I have a beam that has a 127% on natives...:( And I got it just from playing the game on hard, I wasn't hacking.
Bull****, 127% is only possible with hacking, no exceptions

Serpent7
28-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Language. And no flaming, just be careful, okay?

Nemphtis
30-05-2005, 03:24 PM
He has a point though, I heard you can't get over 100% on a weapon unless it's hacked.

Phantom_RAcast
30-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I did curse, but I did not flame

Nemphtis
31-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Again, he has a point.

Anyway, I think I've received the answers I need. Can a Moderator or Admin please close this. :)

Anti Hacker
31-05-2005, 11:17 AM
im not going to tell you "how" to do it cuz that is like aganst the rules but dupeing is petty much makeing a backup of your char on your comp and then takeing the items off of him/her to put it roughly

What are you talking about? You are only half right, thats not how most people dupe and it usually doesn't work. Duping is usually where you use the "shop glitch" (which I will divulge no information upon) to buy your own items thus creating a duplicate. Many people use these for trading, so they can keep their old item and get a new one as well, this is cheating. Only a select few use duping for back-up purposes only. You can also duplicate items using a USB memory card by uploading your file to the PC, trading the items and re downloading the file from the computer to re-create those traded items. This takes far longer but people do usually do this for back up. A PSO file cannot be transferred to a USB card, because the files are un-copyable. You must start on that card, but the cards are not sold in the local shops. This method usually never works though, because a PSO file is "Un-copyable" it usually screws up transferring to the PC, and displays as a corrupt file when it is re-downloaded.

Another note is that whilst the following items can be found or created legitimately, they are usually not legit:

T-J Sword
Black King Bar
Lavis Cannon
Double Cannon
Puran Mag
Sato Mag
Chao Mag

And don't go all "well I found a Lavis cannon so you're just talking lies" at me because what I'm saying isn't always correct, it's a huge generalisation and whilst it may annoy some, it is a general trend whether you like it or not and it does generally show itself to be true.

Nemphtis
04-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah everytime I ask someone where they get their T-Jsword from they say "someone gave it to me". After hearing how to aquire one of those swords, I doubt anyone will just GIVE you a legit T-Jsword...

NetNomad
04-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Not unless they're insane, no.

Anti Hacker: Sato mags as probable illegits? I doubt that, since Sato is possible without finding any special item. And yeah, when I see a Lavis of any kind I ask if it's legit (mine is though, I even took a proof shot...).

Is there actual proof that carrying dark weapons, red ring or 1304/1308 mags can nullify your chances of finding rares? I'd really like to know...

Anti Hacker
10-06-2005, 02:12 PM
I know Sato is Nomad, but people have duped it so much because it's a "Cute cat mag" and makes a nice present. Also it is one of the hacked mags with insane stats. Although you can get it legit, again, it is very very likely indeed to be a dupe.