PDA

View Full Version : why hack?

Zeek
22-05-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm just wondering why do all you hackers hack? Its just pointless

Phantom_RAcast
22-05-2005, 06:39 PM
:/ most people here are legit, I think your asking in the wrong place.. personally I think this question has been asked way to much, plus you'd get answers more to the truth asking this at a hacking site

jarl
22-05-2005, 06:42 PM
sorry, werent you the one with the elenor mag? and lvl 200 character...

Double Edge
22-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Indeed. But, to answer the question, they hack in order to have the best items and levels. It truly is pointless, but some people are just assholes. Actually, more people than not.

NetNomad
22-05-2005, 07:12 PM
I'll tell you, even though I don't hack. Have you ever put a code into an emulator before? You could have done whatever it is you want to do through persistence in the game, but you decided you just wanted to see the rewards. That's cheating 101. The reason people cheat in PSO is the same reason you'd cheat in any game.

The difference is that PSO is an online game, and thus cheating may indirectly affect people you play with. When I see an illegit player, I may or may not play with them. Here's a scenario: you meet a HUmar using a Black King Bar which he has admitted was illegit. If he's doing damage that seems normal, so what? But let's say he's doing 1000+ damage with every hit and using Megid as well. That sort of affects how you get your EXP, doesn't it? When I see that, I usually choose not to play. This does NOT mean that what they're doing is inherently bad (even though it's against ST's rules); it's really just a different choice they have in playing the game. It's only when they decide to screw people over just for the sake of doing so, that it becomes bad.

The other thing worth mentioning is duping for FSOD backup purposes, which IMO is a VERY good thing to do if you have a non-plus copy (I borrowed a non-plus). My backups saved my major weapons when I lost my first card in a stupid mistake, and they also saved me in a random FSOD I got a few weeks ago. As long as nothing is gained and nothing is lost, you're still legit.

Legato2471
22-05-2005, 08:20 PM

Explain why it's pointless...

We hack... for many reasons. Too learn about the inner workings of the game. To make our characters stronger at a faster rate than those who do it legitly. Hell, some people hack, just because they can. It's a pretty fun thing to do. A hobby sort of, for those who do it well. To me, you sound like a PSO noob, who of course, probably got online and got FSODed. Many people have asked your same question and also said it was pointless. It's not. Hacking anything has a point. Be it to find an exploit to make yourself stronger or get items, or to logging packets from the server itself and making your own proxy. I could ask you the same question. Why play legit? It's pointless. And you would defend yourself the same way I am right now.

Double Edge
22-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Explain why it's pointless...

We hack... for many reasons. Too learn about the inner workings of the game. To make our characters stronger at a faster rate than those who do it legitly. Hell, some people hack, just because they can. It's a pretty fun thing to do. A hobby sort of, for those who do it well. To me, you sound like a PSO noob, who of course, probably got online and got FSODed. Many people have asked your same question and also said it was pointless. It's not. Hacking anything has a point. Be it to find an exploit to make yourself stronger or get items, or to logging packets from the server itself and making your own proxy. I could ask you the same question. Why play legit? It's pointless. And you would defend yourself the same way I am right now.

O_o;;

Whatever. Just make sure you don't get carried away and start posting codes. Believe me, you'll be banned faster than you can say "Hacks are my babies!"

Darkside
22-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Yea, this HAS been asked WAAAY too much. We play it our way, you play it yours...Anyway...Im not gonna fight or anything...

Just gonna say...Hacking can also help the PSO Community..Like the Anti Codes that were made...true the codes to harm people shouldn't have been made in the first place, but since they were Anti's were made. Once Sonic Team servers go down hacking will allow us to play on new servers (that won't cost a thing).

But Lee-Yoshi, if your reading this, since your the locking god, I suggest you lock this one. :D

Kashima
22-05-2005, 09:16 PM
i have no problem with a hacker so long as they dont cause others to lose their data hacking is just another way of life who are any of us to say its fully wrong

Faulkie
22-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm not that bothered about hacking, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

Legato2471
22-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Was I ever even indicating I planned on posting codes? No I wasn't.

Many people say hacking doesn't bother them as long as it doesn't hurt data, but in the real world that's a pretty large part of hacking. =/ Hacking on certain levels is only designed to affect others, sometimes only to affect the person who is hacking.

Anti Hacker
23-05-2005, 09:23 AM
This should be closed before another flame war breaks out. This has been asked many times before, since the day I joined and no one can ever agree, so just agree to disagree.

Faulkie
23-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I'm with Anti-Hacker. Just calm down, ok?

Legato2471
23-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm not being frantic. =/ just saying I never said I was gonna post codes. I'm with darkside remember?

Faulkie
23-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Dark side...?

Legato2471
24-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Yeah, Ethan. The person who got all those anti fsods posted on the site.

Double Edge
24-05-2005, 02:45 AM
I never said you would post codes either, I said DON'T! In a nutshell: We don't support hacking, so you probably don't want to talk about it too much. That's all.

SCOOBYN
24-05-2005, 03:07 AM
People start calling noobs noobs...so those noobs, being nooby, noob around the nooby internet noobing around for noob hacks. Then when the noobs noob the noob hack and get free noob stuff...people still call them noobs...and it never ends...

Legato2471
24-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Wow that post was useless. Anyways.. I know this site doesn't support cheating or hacking, but it's out there and it's good to atleast talk about it so people know about it or you just have a group of people saying " I HATE HACKERS"

Faulkie
24-05-2005, 07:13 AM
I think SCOOBYN was trying to make some kind of point there... :D

Anti Hacker
24-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Wow that post was useless. Anyways.. I know this site doesn't support cheating or hacking, but it's out there and it's good to atleast talk about it so people know about it or you just have a group of people saying " I HATE HACKERS"

Trust me we have many times and all it ends in is people who cant agree, control their communications online and people getting banned.

NetNomad
24-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Well, now, you can't totally give up on the idea just because some people can't control themselves. Legato has a point; like I said, all hackers are not inherently bad, and simply saying "ZOMG U HAx0R GET AWAY FRUM MEEEE" is really not fair. That's all I'm trying to say here.

Anti Hacker
24-05-2005, 06:37 PM
It's not giving up it's learning this thread wont convince others to your point of view. Agree to disagree, why does everyone need to use the same ideaology as you?

Legato2471
24-05-2005, 08:34 PM
That's very true anti hacker. So why do people make topics like this? It just starts flame wars.

Faulkie
24-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah, that's very true Anti-Hacker. If I was a mod, I'd have closed this by now, it can't end well...

Anti Hacker
25-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks. Should this be closed now, before someone gets flamed/banned?

NetNomad
25-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Probably. Yeah, agreeing to disagree is a very good thing to do... all I wanted people to understand is that just because someone is illegit or a hacker, doesn't mean they should be flamed. I'm trying to help prevent the flame wars, in other words. But yeah, probably lock this one... *sigh*

Faulkie
25-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, well since we're the only ones left, we could just stop posting here. :D

Agreeing to disagree is a much better idea than having a huge pointless argument.

remotecntrl12
28-05-2005, 09:23 AM
simply because it is fun! relax man its just a game

Serpent7
28-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Enough.

I don't have authority in here, but I think it's best that no-one posts in this thread anymore.