PDA

View Full Version : Debate goin on-PSO or WoW

Yuxion
12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
ok me and Fabo are havin a debate. Which is better-PSO or WoW?

i think that WoW is better becasue there are more classes, weapons, abilities, and quests. There is also a bigger variety of characters that you can make. And your race in the game also determines wat kind of special abilities you can have. Though the cost for online pay is 15$ a month you can have as many character that you want. The world is also far more expansive then PSO and there are far more types of enemies. and the targeting interface is easier to use.

i would like your thought about which one is better and why plz.

i hope no one gets mad at me :( .......

mr_shoe_uk
12-05-2005, 07:03 PM
I wonder if you should have included Guild Wars too!

I say PSO, anyway, as it is more unique and even more team-based.

Yuxion
12-05-2005, 07:04 PM
but in WoW u can also have a team of 4 people, and it is easier to talk to people in battle 2-mainly becasue when you are in battle you can type 2 your freinds faster and you can have yor character auto attack the enemy

Kisanzi
12-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Just to let you know, but this is like comparing Apples and Oranges. WoW is a traditional MMORPG with an active time battle-system, massive world map and everyone playing together on giant servers. While PSO is a console-style MMORPG with a real time battle system, randomly generated zoned map and small exclusive lobbies for teams. Sorry for stating the obvious, but from a technical aspect they are incomparable.

As for a user preference. PSO is better since WoW is yet another Everquest/FFXI/Ultima clone. I played in the beta and while the game was good, it was incredibly similar to all the games mentioned above. Not to say it's bad, but it's just like everything else out in the PC MMO market. PSO on the other hand has a more unique interface and appeal to it. There's almost nothing out there like it and it's this originality that has brought so many people to like it. Plus it's a sci-fi MMORPG, unlike WoW's cliche D&D fantasy world. So I'd say PSO as well.

Although right now I'm going back and forth between PSOBB and Guild Wars, so the close rivalry for superiority for me is with those two.

Gotien
12-05-2005, 09:04 PM
lol I red the first sentence of what Kisanzi said and knew the rest, he's right there's no comparison, now if you want to put GW and WoW together then I'd pick WoW.. cuz Im on it :D lol

EDIT: that means that I'd play PSO over WoW if I had the time to get on, but I barley do.. I play WoW on my laptop when I go to friends houses.

Judgment
12-05-2005, 09:10 PM
PSO>Guild Wars>WoW IMHO

Aaron_Blitzmage
12-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Guild Wars>You

Infinite8
12-05-2005, 11:30 PM
What exactly is WoW???

Mikaelus
13-05-2005, 12:05 AM
World of Warcraft. As Kisanzi said, it's a useless comparison. Wow is a car. PSO is a bicycle. They each have their own pros and cons, but I'm sorry, WoW had a lot more put into it. So if you must have the comparison, wow wins.

Archer
13-05-2005, 06:17 AM
WoW is the best bet because it's newer, and over all better. I'm not sure but you can't lose your characters or anything like in PSO Online mode. PSO however can be played offline whenever you want to it's not totally worthless if you don't have time to play online :P.

Double Edge
13-05-2005, 06:23 AM
I wouldn't know! Hah! I've never experienced World of WarCraft. My guess is that they would be close for me; as both are completely unique and would have their own awesome aspects.

Yuxion
14-05-2005, 02:48 AM
yay at least some people agree with me :P

off topic----
has any noticed that there is soccer in PSO: Blue Burst? its in lobbies 14 and 15, lol its very enterainin to play yourself :P

Lostthought144
15-05-2005, 08:45 PM
I say currenetly GW rules everything...then come pso...and WoW is nnot even included becuase it sux....I mean FF11 is better than it...warcraft together is a waste and blizzard should have put more of their time is starcraft

Yuxion
24-05-2005, 07:40 PM
can u xplain why WoW sucks? and give support for your reasons

DARKMATTER
24-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Kinda hard to tell right now. As PSO has its own concepts and WoW has its own as well.

With WoW you can smith and stuff, and do that kind of hocus pocus thingy mabob lol.

PSO its just right out fighting kill\slaughter the enemy before they butcher you to pieces which is GREAT LOL.

Like I myself havent played WoW yet, cause I havent found much interest in it, as I'm already playing a game that can basically do what WoW does, just the graphics arent the same.

Like they both have there UP's and DOWN's to each other. Just theres a little issue, how bad will the next Phantasy star game be hacked, how bad is WoW for being hacked?

The game I play right now, theres no hackers cause the computers and software they use basically has 24/7 protection, except you get the odd autoer who appears but is usually banned in 1 - 3 days.

Qegola
24-05-2005, 09:05 PM
has any noticed that there is soccer in PSO: Blue Burst? its in lobbies 14 and 15, lol its very enterainin to play yourself :P
..Yuxion, that ain't Soccer, thats Go-Go Ball. Introduced back in Dreamcast's version 2.

Anywyas, I say PSO. WoW is very good, but it is very cliché as well. And it reminds me of Runescape *shudders*

Judgment
24-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Guild Wars = No hacks
WoW = Some hacks but accounts actuly get banned (Or so a heared)
PSO = Many hacks and nobody to ban them

Yuxion
26-05-2005, 07:41 PM
lol i thought it was soccer! besides i never had a Dreamcast :'(

well in WoW you can get butchered by the enemy, like say you have an Alliance character up, then Horde, A.K.A the enemy who will kill everything, comes and raids an Alliance town, its up to you if you want to defend it or not, if you do chose to defend it you will have to fight around 20+ lvl 60 horde players, and that will typicly get you slaughtered, trust me on that i have seen that first hand....lol

and if your account gets banned, you are only banned for a certain amount of time depending on wat you did to get banned

Fabo Craven
27-05-2005, 08:06 PM
well PSO is better more now because it is free(for now). eventually PSO may get worse but it is still fun and its better to play a game with people you know then a beytter game with people you dont.

Yuxion
27-05-2005, 08:12 PM
like all MMORPG's if your friends play it then you can hook up with them and play along side them

also in WoW you can have up 2 10 chars. per server and there are many servers, there are also different typers of servers such as PvP, RPG, and NORMAL servers, so if you dont like being killed by other player go to a normal server, but if you like to kill other player go to a PvP server, i dont know whats special about a RPG server

so for only 15$ a month you get many chars, unlike PSO:BB in which you only get 4 chars per account and you pay 9$ per month and a large world to play in, and WoW isnt fully complete yet because Blizzard is still making the Battlegrounds, which basicaly all you do is goin in and start attack the Horde in there.

Fabo Craven
27-05-2005, 08:16 PM
well pSo cannot really stop growing because they keep on adding more and more quests that make it bigger. It will not stop(untill ST stops caring about the game) so it never really stops and there are always new thingss to do(about every 1-2 months. It gets better as you go farther and they are harder and harder so they get more and more fun.

Yuxion
27-05-2005, 08:20 PM
in WoW they even out the quest for the players, so a lvl 5 char cant go and do a lvl 45 quest, even if they could they would be able to complete it becasue the enemies are far harder. as for the quests the Blizzard team made it to where the NPC's having quest for you to do all the time. and if you do run out of quest you can even go on raids against the enemies' capitals killing their leader, which is really fun because it ticks off the opposing faction

Dark Blade
13-07-2005, 03:42 AM
i vote for wow cus u cant do much for a conversation in PSO essecially if u dont hv a keyboard and u dont hv people freezing ur screen every time u get into a lobby, but its like everyone is saying u cnat really compare the two and u shouldnt really even try untill hv played both cus even from everything u hear from people and try to get a good understanding of the game u really cant until u play it.
well thats all i hv to say...for now

Yuxion
03-08-2005, 03:26 AM
i luv WOW more than PSO:BB, well mainly since i dont have PSO:BB >.< but i played the beta for it and if nothins changed then 4 chars for 5$ is....ehh ok i guess but like...i think 40 for 15$? is a better deal and there are far more classes to chose from, tho i admit not as much char apperance(?) options