PDA

View Full Version : Best.Force.WEAPON.Ever

-Logan
05-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Alright, I need advice for my FOmar. I want to hunt a very powerful weapon. I don't care which ID gets it, but I need to know which weapon I should hunt. This being the strongest weapon useable.

jarl
05-05-2005, 07:52 PM
holy ray, storm wand indra (looks cool and has big mst boost) but you need to be more precise- combat wepon? mst boosting? what?

flickynick
05-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Some good combat weapons would be:

Soul Banish w/hit%
Red Saber w/hit%
Angry Fist w/hit%
Holy Ray w/hit%

Wootem Ace
05-05-2005, 09:07 PM
I'd say Storm Wand: Indra (my personal Fave), Sigh of a God, and Psycho wand.

A.S.
05-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Storm Wand Indra sucks for FOmars, good for FOnewmns.

Soul Banish>Red Saber>Holy Ray>Angry Fist (sucks if you have gridned Red Saber)

Considering FOmars have horrible ATA, I put Holy Ray at the end (however is the most accurate Rifle).

Cye Zero
05-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Elysion and the Summit Moon are the weapons of choice for my force. The summit moon gives you a magic boost and the elysion can be used for attack but it requires high magic strength to equip.

A.S.
05-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Ugh, FOmars statistically suck, terrible MST, meaning Summit Moon sucks. Elysion is a good substitute for Red Saber, though about half as good as a grinded Red Saber.

flickynick
05-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Soul Banish>Red Saber>Holy Ray>Angry Fist (sucks if you have gridned Red Saber)

A grinded Angry fist has more atp and ata than a fully grinded red saber

And because its a fist weapon you get the speed bonus (as if you un equiped a weapon) for techs, plus FOmars fist animation is awesome

bigtimedrummer
06-05-2005, 01:49 AM
I say get a good saber like Durandal or Red Saber. (still can't get that stupid thing)

Mikaelus
06-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Storm Wand Indra. There's no way a force can melee at the higher end of the game, I'm sorry to say... Believe me, my FOmar and FOnewearl are perfect examples. Just kill everything you can with spells, and Shifta and Deband the heck out of your teammates. But don't use a saber. EVER. I can't wait till Kefka sees this.

Wootem Ace
06-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Yeah...melee FO's are completely useless in ULT. I like Storm Wand because of its MST & Zonde Boost, and SoaG for it's Gizonde-ing.

Cye Zero
06-05-2005, 04:44 AM
please a Red Saber has less accurecy when grinded to the max. And the summit moon is one of the strongest canes in the game. :P

flickynick
06-05-2005, 08:01 AM
With my FOmar I can kill enemies quicker with weapons than I can with techs

Forge
06-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Currently, as I'm only in Hard with my FOmar, I use a Hildebear's Cane for MST, Mahu for TP Recovery and will use my Elysion for Melee in a few levels. I just use massively high level techniques, and spend money on the recovery.

A.S.
06-05-2005, 08:20 PM
It only makes sense a FOmar should use a great weapon a Saber or not. Not caring what Kefka thinks, Red Saber is completely apt for FOmars, however make sure you have high %, considering FOmars ATA just sucks. Considering there aren't many useful magic bonuses on FOmars besides the x2 on S/D, I can barely see how it is significant in Ult. Then again, if my opinion is proven wrong, which can be, I am will to say making a FOmar is possibly the most stupid thing to do PSO-wise. And Cye Zero (sp?) Summit Moon has both terrible ATP-ATA, for a Cane atleast. Red Handgun isn't that great for FOmars, there is barely any ATA in the R. Handgun, try for a Holy Ray. Instead of GodMinds, try DevilTechs. Exclude Inferno Bazooka sucks... for mostly every character. Angry Fist is good for FOmars, Holy Ray having the highes ATA of any ifle, and has 370-380 ground ATP. And MST is pretty useful for FOmars, which really sucks considering they have the lowest and have bad MST bonuses.

EDIT: Just found out FOmars have a Gi bonus. My mistake, and the Red Saber's ATA is great, not great enough for FOmars though.

-Logan
07-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Yah, I was at a point where I wanted a holy ray and a red saber. Now I'm pretty sure that you are trading me a red saber A.S.? And after I'm strong enough for unsealed door ultimate, I will again hunt a holy ray. But now I cant.

D3COYBOY
07-05-2005, 11:47 PM
My FOney just entered Ult and has suffered no real incidents thanks in part to Summit Moon's exceptional bonuses (MST,DEF,EVA) to attribute my support style playing. Most FOmars that take the Battlemage route always die and don't really hold a candle to a real Hunter, so I made it a point never to play with one again. They suck anyways and don't have nearly enough MST to hang with me. Give me a party of two HU's (preferably HUcast) and a RA and I'll show you how frightening the power of Support is. So keep your saber . Why hold some crazy weopon that will sooner get you killed in the frontlines (where a Force does not belong), when you can let all the S/D HUs go hack & slash crazy on their Z/J victims and sit nustled away with good defensive stats providing the occasional Resta. In the end, I'll stick with my new Summit Moon till I find something better. So leave the swords to the experts.

-Logan
08-05-2005, 04:27 PM
So I hear it's a good weapon. Hmm, I might get one. I was gonna get a aura feild but I hate it's special and I will be able to get one 1/2 in ultimate temple eventually.

A.S.
08-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Logan, you expect to get to level 152? thats the level requirement for Aura Field. And yes, I am going to trade my Red Saber (0/30/35/35) +78, we'll make p about the grinders soon.

Cye Zero
09-05-2005, 06:20 AM
hey what's the suggested level a force should be on before he takes on "The Unsealed Door" quest on ultimate?

Mirinee
09-05-2005, 11:05 AM
And MST is pretty useful for FOmars, which really sucks considering they have the lowest and have bad MST bonuses. Nah. When maxed out, FOmar has the highest MST of the human FOrces. ^_^

For meleeing at low levels, sabers make good weapons. Male sabre animation. :D

-Logan
09-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Nah. When maxed out, FOmar has the highest MST of the human FOrces. ^_^

For meleeing at low levels, sabers make good weapons. Male sabre animation. :D
Not true. FOmar has the least MST out of the four forces. Expecially when maxed out. Thats why it's a melee force. Though I am a FOmar, I don't like them. But he was made when I was a nOOb. Go ahead, now someones gonna say I still am one. Just watch.

jarl
09-05-2005, 07:35 PM
HA! NOOB!! anyway.. :P fonewearls are good, and i personally like the club of laconium becuase of its nice simple burny burny tactics, that or the storm wand for its looks. i have a cadecus, but dont use it as it generally sucks in my opinion. and logan, dont take megid for grants wont fit in my sig, thats why its not there :D

-Logan
09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Trust me, you don't want the club of liconium or the storm wand indra. They are my nightmare and will be yours.

Don't call me a nOOb unless you have made more progress on the game.

jarl
09-05-2005, 07:48 PM
yes!! noob! i have a FO, lvl 55 and a RA lvl 117 :D success :P anyway, club of laconium rules, i dont know how you can say they dont- 40% boost to foie? hello, thats awesome!! the only time ill stop carrying it is when i have a summit moon (thats why im raising my greenill now) and storm wand indras are good because of the mst boost. the reason they suck to you is because your a fomar, and im a fonewearl.. lets beg to differ but in the mean time N00B!! (j/k mods, jsut i bit of banter.. i think....)

A.S.
09-05-2005, 08:48 PM
If you have a FOney try at level 90-110, however if you have a FOmar, wait a while.

jarl
09-05-2005, 09:02 PM
eh? can you explain that please?

A.S.
09-05-2005, 09:08 PM
FOnewearls do not experience many problems in Ult if they have D/J to use on themselves and to other enemies. FOneys are also incredibly powerful so they don't have to worry about killing enemies, however a FOmar can barely hit as well as use proper MST spells. Which means your gonna have to wait a while you you have enough MST as a FOmar (ATP is decent, however ATA is so terrible you need hit on every weapon you use).

Mirinee
09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Not true. FOmar has the least MST out of the four forces. Expecially when maxed out. Thats why it's a melee force. Though I am a FOmar, I don't like them. But he was made when I was a nOOb. Go ahead, now someones gonna say I still am one. Just watch.
No. FOmar has more MST than FOmarl when maxed out.

FOmar is a melee force because for a force, he has the best ATP and better defense than the Newmans (but worse evade :S). I love using a combination of melee and techs, even though I'm a FOmarl. FOmar's much better for melee. If you don't like him then you should go and be a FOnewearl. You all seem to like FOnewearls anyway. :D They do have access to the female only weapons, pfff.

Er... I like the Geist Raygun as a force weapon! :D

A.S.
09-05-2005, 09:47 PM
No. FOmar has more MST than FOmarl when maxed out.

FOmar is a melee force because for a force, he has the best ATP and better defense than the Newmans (but worse evade :S). I love using a combination of melee and techs, even though I'm a FOmarl. FOmar's much better for melee. If you don't like him then you should go and be a FOnewearl. You all seem to like FOnewearls anyway. :D They do have access to the female only weapons, pfff.

Er... I like the Geist Raygun as a force weapon! :D

Yea, I was gonna say that but I am too tired to put up with the ignorant, thanks Mirinee ;)
There are very few weapons for FOneys, but for FOmars all I know is that if you have 40% hit opn weapons such as Holy Ray and Red Saber, your set. But I'll tell you know it won't happen easily, so use MST weapons such as Summit Moon.

A.S.
09-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Trust me, you don't want the club of liconium or the storm wand indra. They are my nightmare and will be yours.

Don't call me a nOOb unless you have made more progress on the game.

You are an ignorant n00b, and you haven't made more progress then Jarl. You hsad the game for less then three months, meaning you don't have the right to be called a PSO fan, even though it's the only productivity you'll ever find out in your life. And double check your facts, FOmarl has less MST then FOmar. Dumb ass.