PDA

View Full Version : O_O....Emerald Version

Todd
01-05-2005, 05:58 PM
I just got back from gamestop getting pokemon emerald version and it ROCKS!!!!!
It.....Yea.....I don't knowq what else to say cept, its awesome. Go out and buy it now.

deathknocks
01-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Huh? Its come out?
I never knew that...

I might get it, though I'm pretty much occupied with PSO right now...

Judgment
01-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Ill consider it

Double Edge
01-05-2005, 08:33 PM
The thing about the Pokemon games is that they are addictive. I think Pokemon are faggots but their games are teh ownz0r! I am definitely considering the game. I'll be looking at the reviews and deciding - and it just came out today, huh. New release people!

Mikaelus
01-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Pokemon...... The bane of RPGs. I mean, it's addictive, but it's not good. My firend'll buy Emerald, stop playing it, and give it to me. No reason to buy it, even if he wasn't ging to give it to me eventually.

Double Edge
01-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Check out a review for the game here (http://www.siliconera.com/gba/pokemonemerald/0401004.htm). According to this, Emerald is essentially the same as Ruby and Sapphire, but with better graphics, several new locations, new outfits, during a battle another trainer may join, and battling Magma and Aqua at the same time.

Hmm.......

Todd
01-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Wow, I didn't know all that was in it! Cool. And it came out at least where I live/in the USA.

-Logan
02-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Just to let you guys know, Todd lives in America, it came out there. I know a lot of you live in UK, not sure if Emerald is out there yet. Don't get toooooo exited.

Lee-yoshi
02-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Lol, no its not here until at least the end of summer.

Better get those import hats on guys!

I never played Ruby/Sapphire, but it sounds like this might be a must. It also seems to have a fair amount of new features too ^_^

Double Edge
03-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Hey, I live in Canada! We have it too. ^_^

Todd
03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Hey you live in canada DE? Cool! I live rather close to there! (Acutully New York....)

Darkassassin_21
03-05-2005, 03:21 PM
I havent played anything sence gold and silver crystal i have ruby but didnt play it because it was basicly the same as all the others but my favorite is yellow u cant cheat on it without a gameshark and its just fun...but now im getting to old for that and i dont play anymore but hey i still go around to playing it...is there a real point in getting the new ones??

Todd
03-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Yes, there is a point to the new ones. Cause all the ones before ruby and saphire suck compared to the new ones. Though they dont suck. Only in comparrason. And except the Red and blue versins, they we're jusst CLASSIC! ;) And I knew how to get mew on the american versions without game shark or anything. Along with AND pokemon at level 5 in the wild.

BTW, your never too old for pokemon, People only think that because of the show, and because, "hip, poppy seeds" say so. But your never too old for the game. Be your own hot dog....

Lee-yoshi
03-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Did you know the average age of a Pokemon player is 46?

Pokemon is for players, old AND young!

Todd
03-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Did you know the average age of a Pokemon player is 46?

Pokemon is for players, old AND young!

YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!! GO LEE-YOSHI!!!! YOU TELL EM'! :D

-Logan
04-05-2005, 10:59 PM
WOW! I never knew people that old played it. I still like it, but then again, I'm not 48.

Todd
04-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh please Logan, you know my brother in law plays it and he is 26.

-Logan
04-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Yah, but thats 20 years apart. I havent even been alive for that long. And a lot of people I know got bored of it after 6 years. Not good chances that your brother in law will still like pokemon in 20 years.

Todd
04-05-2005, 11:08 PM
T_T

Logan, you know nothing. The reason kids got tired of is wasn't because they were tired of it. It was because the "cool" kids convinced them they were "too old" for it. Mainly due to the T.V. show, which I'll admit was rather......Babyish..........Regaurdless, next to PSO, pokemon games were and are one of the greatest RPGs of all time.

-Logan
04-05-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm not fighting with you again. So stop saying that I know nothing.

Todd
04-05-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm just saying that I think I might just know a little more about my own brother in-law then you do. And that you obviously you don't know that the reason for others tiring of pokemon is because they wanna follow that crowd, and if your saying that they are simply tired of it, and I am correct (which I am pretty certain I am), then you are wrong. Mainly, if someone is right, and you are saying otherwise on what they are right on, then you are wrong. At least in most cases.

-Logan
05-05-2005, 06:42 PM
I never said that you were wrong. I don't know your brother in law that well but I never said I know him just as much as you do.

Back on topic...I got emerald yesturday. But now I am officially broke in allowence. I like the game. After playing three hours I have gotten three badges. It is definatly beater so far then the past games, only I got extremely far in the others so it is not easy to compare yet.

A.S.
07-05-2005, 02:28 AM
On first note, guys stop fighting, Logan your a bit to vulnerable compared to Todd. On second note, I could not help but resisting this topic, Todd, I was turned off about Pokemon not because of "k00l' kids, but that there were so much out there and that Pokemon sold out, e.g., toys, shows, games, cards, Pokemon GBAs. Nintendo (and Konami right?), you tried everything, everything just made me feel foolish I was a consumer of such a product. Everyone was a fanatic of this product, I could not stand to become so addicted to something that I knew would not last as a true video game experience like PSO (or PS, you know Pokemon copied Phantasy Star's Turn Based).

Also what are the remakes about? I just want to see a new game akin to Gold/Silver (Blue and Red weren't enough) that has the classic stylistics that they possesed. I remember being the first person to get it in my grade on my computer prior to it's GBC release.

EDIT; I read the link DE posted and it said 20+ hours of main gaming, WHOA, I am definetly gonna avoid this game... I mean I know getting Pokemons up to level 100 (max level right?) is significan in time, but 20 hours of main gaming? anyone find that disappointing for a game?

Double Edge
07-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Well yes and no at the same time. I will probably refrain from buying Emerald for the sole reason of it (as with FireRed and LeafGreen) being a remake, not a new game in itself, which is what I crave. But, A.S., keep in mind that the Pokemon series does come with two main advantage points, one of which you have mentioned already:

1) The levelling up of your Pokemon ranks to level 100

and the main one,

2) Battling with your buddies to try and best each other

So, the main storyline may contain 20+ hours, but combined, likely a significant amount more than that. Meh.

Cye Zero
09-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Does it come with a wireless adapter like Fire red and Leaf green if so then I'm all set :)

-Logan
09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
No, but you can buy the adapter seperate from fire red and leaf green.

Cye Zero
09-05-2005, 07:13 PM
(sighs) :'( ..... oh well I guess I'll get fire red or leaf green instead thanks for the info

-Logan
09-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Wait, doen't it come with ruby and saphire? I don't remember, I got them along time ago.

deathknocks
09-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Nope, I got Sapphire and it doesn't come with it.
At least when I bought it.

TheUnnamedOne
10-05-2005, 01:12 PM
On ruby my whole team was level 100

Cye Zero
11-05-2005, 05:55 PM
I haven't played ruby or sapphire but I heard that you can join Team Magma and Team Aqua, sometimes I wish I could give team Rocket a good name.

TheUnnamedOne
12-05-2005, 10:55 AM
I found my ruby version last night, and finally got Espeon... I managed to get him to level 43... which isn't bad for an hours work!

Todd
14-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Well, the wireless adapter came with FireRed and LeafGreen. And as for the Unamed one, nice job! I got 7 pokemon up to level on my ruby version as well.

Which are....

Groundon
Sceptile
Flygon
Raquaza
Jirachi
Latios (Given as many proteins, irons, etc before battled with. Now it is as strong as if it were on level 120-130. Any it took awhile getting the money from the pokemon leage. Agh....)
Latias (Given as many proteins, irons, etc before battled with. Now it is as strong as if it were on level 120-130. Any it took awhile getting the money from the pokemon leage. Agh....)

I also have a few strong pokemon. Like altaria level 87. Kyogre level 91. And a few others but I can't quite remember cause its been a while since I played my ruby...

-Logan
18-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I have five pokemon on Lv. 100 on saphire...

Latios
Latias
Kyugo (Kyogre)
Rayquaza...
...I forgot the last one.

On red version I do hack but I have over 15 pokemon on Lv 100 there. Even some on higher levels. And me and Todd have very powerful weapons (his mewtwo which has literally a health bar that continues across the screen. Me, well of course I got the stupidest pokemon in the game to do that...a snorlax. I also found out how to get a freakin MEW AFTER SIX YEARS...well, Todd really did.

Dark Imakuni
29-05-2005, 10:30 PM
T_T

I live in the UK and I have to wait till October :@

The good side to this game is very clear... I'M IN THE GAME!! ^_^

There's a character named Steven, and my name in real life is Steven! ^_^ Yayness!

Todd
29-05-2005, 10:34 PM
I had just realized that I had many other strong pokemon on my fire red version. I think my party was,

Charzard: Lv:100
Blastios: Lv:100
Espion: Lv 100

And a hell of a lot of other pokemon near level 100. One way mewtwo. Over 7 more I believe...

*Walks away trying to remember the others*

edit: Logan, snorlax is a great pokemon to do the unlimited HP thing with cause it has GREAT defense. And your other level 100 was Gillali. (Spelled wrong. You know, that big icy rock thing...)

Dark Imakuni
29-05-2005, 10:35 PM
How in the name of all that is holy did you manage to get Espeon onto the game?? I've been trying for god knows how long... :'(

And your other level 100 was Gillali. (Spelled wrong. You know, that big icy rock thing...)
Do you mean Glalie, the one who evolves from Snorunt?

Todd
29-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Im not quite sure. I got mine off Pokemon Collisium. But maybe you have to evolve eviee by making it like you a lot. But then, how would you get a Umbrion. Make it hate you? Thats just dumb... :S

edit: Yea, yea. Thats the one. Glalie. I cant spell. I havent heard that name in about a year so it makes sence.

Dark Imakuni
29-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Im not quite sure. I got mine off Pokemon Collisium. But maybe you have to evolve eviee by making it like you a lot. But then, how would you get a Umbrion. Make it hate you? Thats just dumb... :S
You make Eevee love you, and depending on what time of day it is it turns into Espeon or Umbreon. I've had no luck so far... :| can't get past Realgem Tower so I can't trade... :|

Todd
29-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Yea, but I thought the deal with the time was out because the day didn't turn light or dark.....Hmmmmmm......

Dark Imakuni
30-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah I'm a bit miffed about that - they threw out a heap of cool features from Crystal when Ruby/Sapphire came out... I hope they put them back in Diamond/Pearl...

-Logan
01-06-2005, 08:36 PM
I want those sooooo badly. Are they coming out in 3D (dimond and pearl)?