PDA

View Full Version : Fighting bosses with forces

ShadowNugget
28-04-2005, 03:09 AM
I have a force that has trouble fighting bosses. Should I use techs, or weapons?

Hrith
28-04-2005, 03:28 AM
Offline ? which difficulty ?

Vol Opt is the only annoying boss for Forces, just uce techs, much faster.

ShadowNugget
28-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Offline, Normal (look at signiture for char. stats)[Niki]

Hrith
28-04-2005, 10:35 AM
It's "FOnewearl"

And with her, you will never attack with weapons, rely strictly on techniques.

haven13
28-04-2005, 01:15 PM
My friend uses just forces and he always had a hard time. pretty much up to ultimate. He doesn't seem to have a problem now...My advice would be to just level up a bit more before trying him again. You will probably end up being a higher level when you beat a boss then lets say with the other 2 classes.

Sonic Saturn
28-04-2005, 05:37 PM
me, mines, hard, Storm wand:Indra, Razonde merge, nothing can stop me! so use SW to boost MST atk, and then its easy

jarl
28-04-2005, 06:46 PM
hes in normal mode...... BUT use foie for pretty much everywere (even mines- thats sinows weakness) for bosses, dragon use barta (d'uh!!) worm thingy use rafoie (hits all sections lots of dmg...) use zonde on mines boss, on falz use zonde first form, barta second. that changes in ult thoughl...

Wootem Ace
28-04-2005, 08:06 PM
For the Dragon, just keep Barta-ing it, for Del Rol Lie, Gizonde (watch out for tentacles) Vol Opt, Zonde or Gizonde, and Dark Falz, Foie.

Phantom_RAcast
28-04-2005, 09:09 PM
if I'm not mistaked foie techs do more to de rol lie than gizonde

Wootem Ace
29-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah, but Gizonde hits multiple segments of the Del Rol Lie, adding more damage.

Fabo Craven
29-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Rafoie also hits mutiple segments thus doing more damage.
Vol opt is the only boss that is harder as a force, its parts dont fall off when you hit them :(

Wootem Ace
29-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Yeah, but usually you can beat it so fast it doesn't matter. Oh yeah, which hits more Del Rol Lie parts? Gizonde or Rafoie? I just instinctively used Gizonde because I have a friend who has a Sigh of God (hacked unfortunantely and on XBox, not GC where I play) and when we fight Del Rol Lie, he always uses it's special, which is Gizonde.

Hrith
29-04-2005, 12:03 PM
After a certain Lv, all techniques can lock on the same number of targets (12).

Gifoie works best against De Rol Le.

Take note that sometimes, monsters have different weaknesses if you're online.

Kaze
29-04-2005, 12:04 PM
It depends on the spell levels.

Mirinee
29-04-2005, 12:18 PM
LOL! Foneural!

Is it true that there's no point in Jellening Dark Falz?

jarl
30-04-2005, 07:56 AM
dont jellen him or use deband, its pointless- he always does the same amount of damage.

Wootem Ace
01-05-2005, 03:35 AM
You're best just using HP units to weather more hits against Dark Falz as a force. Also, always heal after attacks, (even weak ones).

Mikaelus
01-05-2005, 03:41 AM
I'd have to reccomend techs. And you might wanna see if you can bring some along with ya. I hear that helps a bit. I'd also reccomend having mechguns to knowck off his stomper htingy, that gets annoying.

Fabo Craven
01-05-2005, 03:45 AM
id never use mechs on a force. its my opionion but forces with mech are a bad idea. Id use a handgun. Actually for Vol opt id use techs exclusivly.

Mikaelus
01-05-2005, 03:48 AM
On Vol Opt? How in the hell are you gonna kill him? Most people have lives and can't spend too long fighting a boss.

Fabo Craven
01-05-2005, 03:50 AM
it what, takes 5 minutes out of your life. Thats not too long. why would it be shoter to use mechs on vol opt instead of a combo of techs and a handgun?
EDIT:i love your avvy :P

deathknocks
01-05-2005, 03:52 AM
Oh? Vol Opt. Lol.
Fire Foie on the monitors and use any of the Zondes for his second form.

Oops! This is hard for me to say as my Foie is lv. 22. Sorry. :P

Though for De Rol Le, just use RAfoie. :P

Mikaelus
01-05-2005, 03:54 AM
Vol Opt is the only real anoyance, aside from Olga Flow on Ultimate. THAT is annoying.

As for the timing, my Force has high accuracy and attack for a force, thanks to those materials. I play like no other.

Fabo Craven
01-05-2005, 03:56 AM
actually i think you do use foie for the screens. Then its zonde for him. as a force i think that Vol opt is the hardest boss to kill. i mean
Dragon-dies easy to barta
De Rol Le-died to Rafoie
Vol opt-dont fall apart for forces like for hunters and rangers.
Dark Falz-dies to foie.

Mikaelus
01-05-2005, 04:00 AM
Nah, with Mechs and Rafoie ther'es a better strategy, as you can stick him in one screen till you blow it up if you Rafoie it as he's leaving. Exploiting a giltch is fun. :P

Fabo Craven
01-05-2005, 04:05 AM
exept that in normal and hard all the mechs you find suck so this is pre-vhard mode strategy.
if you rafoie the screen as hes leaving he'll be stuck there? i didnt know that.
Sorry bout that

Mikaelus
01-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Try to properly grammaticize your posts, then I can read them in less then 5 minutes.

And I transfer mechs from high level chars. Not cheating, just makign it easier. And it's not like my 200 chars need meseta or those mechs anywho.

Fabo Craven
01-05-2005, 04:13 AM
sorry about the grammer but its late.
i also transfer items over but i dont have any lvl 200 characters.
what kinds of mechs are you talking about?

deathknocks
08-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh? Vol Opt. Lol.
Fire Foie on the monitors and use any of the Zondes for his second form.

Oops! This is hard for me to say as my Foie is lv. 22. Sorry. :P

Though for De Rol Le, just use RAfoie. :P

Well, now everything's changed. Fighting Vol Opt on Vhard is a real pain in the butt! It took me 3 times to finally beat him.
Imagine Dark Falz in Vhard... *faints* well, this is for my Force.

Kaze
08-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Just use lots of gizonde. Trust me, it works better then you'd expect. VO in Vhard was probably the easiest fight in the game for me.

Fabo Craven
08-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Dark Falz is really easy for a force. Trust me :)

Wootem Ace
09-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Exactly, foie variations constantly. And for VO, I gizonde the whole battle except for the totem pole thingies, and it works great.

deathknocks
09-05-2005, 11:10 PM
?????
Well, the Darvants are easy and so is his first form.
But on the Second Form, I dunno...
I use RAfoie and it hits 0.
??????
I use FOIE and it hits 0.
Luckily, I had other people playing with me.

Wootem Ace
10-05-2005, 01:23 AM
Ooops....I think I Zonde'd on second form. Foie is best for first and third...

Fabo Craven
10-05-2005, 02:16 AM
ya zonde on the circle form.
Foie on the dragon and flying monster form
And foie on the darvents

deathknocks
10-05-2005, 02:18 AM
????
Why use Foie, Zonde, and Barta when you can use...

RAfoie, RAzonde, and RAbarta?

Fabo Craven
10-05-2005, 02:42 AM
okay i was talking about when your a FOney
the bonuses rule
Anyway they cost less tp.

D3COYBOY
10-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I usually stick with simple techs with my FOney with some of the bosses.

Forest-Barta

Caves-Barta (in a interesting note, Barta is extremely effective for me since it does hit 3-6 points while in water and does really good damage. When he is on board, perfectly angled Barta hits all the body parts with tasty damage. I use this over RaFoie since she holds a Summit Moon and gets the additional racial bonus.

Mines- Stage 1- GiFoie

Mines- Stage 2- Zonde (Not sure what he is weak against except maybe for Zonde and Barta for Ultimate but I'm not quite sure)

Ruins- Stage 1- RaFoie (sometimes RaBarta)

Ruins- Stage 2- Zonde ( I really don't know what is trully effective against this phase. I usually alternate between GiFoie and Zonde, but again I'm not really sure what works)

Ruins- Stage 3- Foie

A.S.
10-05-2005, 09:18 PM
First from- Foie
Second- Barta
Third- Foie

Zonde has no use, so use a Club of Laconium after using Jellen on Dark Falz (because if you didn't you may want a Hildebear's Cane, Jellen completely makes up for the whip attack).

Hrith
10-05-2005, 09:19 PM
What I use in Ultimate:

Sil Dragon -- Gizonde

Dal Ra Lie -- Gizonde (offline), Rafoie (online)

Vol Opt -- Razonde (first form), Barta (second form) or Grants if you're a FOmar/FOmarl, maybe

Dark Falz -- Gifoie/Barta (Darvants), Zonde (first form), Barta (second form), Foie (third form)

Barba Ray -- Gizonde

Gol Dragon -- Foie

Gal Gryphon -- Gizonde/Barta

Olga Flow -- Barta (first form), random (second form)

Forge
11-05-2005, 09:43 AM
For all modes, bar Ultimate, I tend to use:

Dragon: Barta, Grants as a finisher.

De Rol Le: Gizonde, Rafoie.

Vol Opt - First form: Gizonde
Vol Opt - Second form: Gizonde

Falz - Darvants: Rabarta
Falz - First form: Gizonde (also takes out Darvants)
Falz - Second form: Barta
Falz - Final form (Hard mode upwards): Foie

Zal
15-05-2005, 06:02 AM
Since I was primarly in ult.

Sil Dragon - Foie Merge + Foie
Del Rol - Foie on it's body and tail. Zonde on the head.
Vol Opt - I just melee it. :/
Falz - Cant remember
Falz 2 - Blue Merge + Barta
Falz 3 - Well not much to do here except well..Foie.

Kashima
15-05-2005, 06:03 AM
i know i sound like a noob but i had to brag about this somewhere ! i beat dark falz today on ult alone for the first time with my force amaranth at level 111 with less than seven hundred hp