PDA

View Full Version : Best Mag for Rangers

D3COYBOY
31-03-2005, 02:12 AM
Hey ladies and gents,

I've been reading the forums and have been inspired to create another character along side my Whithil FOmar. I raised a Nidra for my FOmar so its only natural that I raise one for my Purplelum/Viridia (haven't decided yet) Ramarl. I was wondering, on top of posting what you consider to be the best mags and their uber-stats for the Ranger, is it possible if you can give me any suggestions regarding my Ramarl's mag.

Hrith
31-03-2005, 03:30 AM
Mags don't matter, only its stats do.
Pick any mag you like, and give it something like 5/125/70/0 or 5/115/80/0 for a Ranger.

Fabo Craven
31-03-2005, 04:32 AM
I have one close to that. It has 25/130/40/5 Nidra. The mags do matter Kefka, you wnat one that will revive you so get another nidra. Nidras Rule.

whiteninja
31-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Mags don't matter, only its stats do.I demand to differ (never beg to differ, demand it). If you have either a Humar or an android you wouldn't want a Nidra, Sato, and maybe a Bhima because of the specials they do at the full PB, 1/10 HP, and Boss fights. Rukmin also has a reputation for not reviving you alot, if ever. It'd also be better to go for a 1st degree special mag rather than a 3rd one, because it'd be alot easier to raise. The mags you get on the way to level 200 are also important because you don't want to learn the wrong moves (namely, Liella, Golla, and Farlla).

For mag stats, my Ramarl has a 5/140/50/5 and it works very well. It was originally used by my Ramar, and it has served my Fomar and Humar very well, a good all-around mag (but not for Fonewearls).

NetNomad
31-03-2005, 07:25 AM
First off: for the ten million and seventh time, Rukmin DOES revive you. I have all rare mags but Sato, Deva, and Bhima, and all revive me at about the same frequency when I die.

Second: The pure-power-mag thing is still overrated, IMO. Give me a character with decent stats all around - even if this takes away from another stat a bit, oh well. People I've met... online and off... I swear, the running trend is perfection, or near to it. Personally, I'm not interested. My RAmar's current mag is 55/65/35/45, but I've decided to raise him a new one with 30/100/40/30. I figured that 40 is enough to max out his ATA at level 200. My standard setup is 30/90/50/30, or 30/120/50/0 for androids.

Third: Kefka... why 70 or 80 DEX for a ranger's mag? When I checked out my RAmar and RAmarl in the character manager, I figured that I could max out my RAmar's ATA with 40 DEX and my RAmarl's with 50. Are you suggesting maxing out ATA before 200? I dunno, I'd personally never do something like that... sorta wastes level-ups (which is the other reason some of my early mags will eventually be retired when I finish raising their replacements).

D3COYBOY
31-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Mags don't matter, only its stats do.
Pick any mag you like, and give it something like 5/125/70/0 or 5/115/80/0 for a Ranger.

I find it curious to why you would say such a thing. I thought that the mag's abilities (full bar,1/10hp,boss) would be an essential asset to a ranger's arsenal. A mag like Rati would be useful due to its S/D+Reverser abilities. Nitra is also cool for ranger like Ramarl because she can already cast 20th lvl S/D, so invinsiblity can be useful under close-range curcumstances. Thanks alot for the feedback thus far. I'm begining to narrow it down (perhaps 5/145/50/0) but I would like to hear some more before investing time mag raising (oh the torture of it all).

On a quick side note, I know its been mentioned through out other forums but I have to ask. Which would you choose for a Ramarl: Viridia, Purplelum, or Whithil? There are the only ones I'm considering. Thanks again.

Hrith
31-03-2005, 12:02 PM
No, really, mags don't matter.
10 seconds of invincibility, S/D Lv 6 or a very weak Resta, all the same crap to me.
Go for looks, pick one you like, and it will be fine.

And yes, 70 or 80 DEX is better, it's not like your character is gonna be Lv 200 in a week or so, there are 199 levels to worry about before you get to 200, and RAmarl has average ATA growth, so the DEX boost will do her good. By the time you're Lv 140 or 150, you will have to change your mag, but it's a long way from there, let alone Lv 200.

NetNomad
31-03-2005, 06:32 PM
I dunno, I've never had accuracy problems with either of my Ultimate-level rangers.

As for the bonuses... meh, they're all equally good. My biggest mistake so far is to not raise my HUmar's mag with a twins blast... thus his only S/D time is when his Rati decides to cast it. The Resta isn't too bad IMO; since it only comes when you're at 1/10 HP, it's like revival help instead of total revival (I cast Resta by reflex almost every time I get up, anyway, so it's like double Resta). Although for a RAmarl it probably wouldn't be as useful as it would be to a RAmar or HUmar.

D3COY: Depends on what you have already. If you have NONE of those IDs, nor Greenill, then go with Purplenum, or perhaps Viridia. If you already have those IDs covered, go with Whitill.

dnd
31-03-2005, 06:53 PM
my mag at the moment is 18/33/37/22 and i am quite ok with that. my ranger is the ramar at lv40(skyly)

D3COYBOY
31-03-2005, 08:03 PM
No, really, mags don't matter.
10 seconds of invincibility, S/D Lv 6 or a very weak Resta, all the same crap to me.
Go for looks, pick one you like, and it will be fine.

And yes, 70 or 80 DEX is better, it's not like your character is gonna be Lv 200 in a week or so, there are 199 levels to worry about before you get to 200, and RAmarl has average ATA growth, so the DEX boost will do her good. By the time you're Lv 140 or 150, you will have to change your mag, but it's a long way from there, let alone Lv 200.

Yes really, mags might not matter but their trinkets can get you out of binds sometimes. I repeat, sometimes. As for their S/D, my group always donates and stack PB for greater effect. I do admit that my party consist mainly of androids and rarely have a single force, so its usually up to me to quick set S/D/J/Z/R and the mags boost up is a welcome relief. And please do not take offense, we are all gamers here and its alway good to have questions (pro or against) to really gain a greater understanding of the situation. It is that reason that I am glad you responded Kefka, I've read some of your posts and have learned to appreciate your knowledge about PSO and their rangers. As I stated before, I was "curious" about what you had to say about it. That is why I asked. Back to the subject.

D3COY: Depends on what you have already. If you have NONE of those IDs, nor Greenill, then go with Purplenum, or perhaps Viridia. If you already have those IDs covered, go with Whitill.

I do not have none and I'm planning to take her straight to ultimate (no patience for multiple characters). LOL, so I'm still in my pridicament. Which is it? As for getting another mag at another level, that is out of the question. I don't wish to raise another one so this is a one shot deal.Thanks guys and gals. Keep those post coming.

deathknocks
01-04-2005, 01:11 AM
I usually find my MAG useful, such as when I'm fighting Dark Falz and I die...
Without a Scape Doll, my MAG revived me...
As everyone probably knows, I'm a level 39 ramar viridia?
Oh well, nobody NEEDS to know that... :P
I HATE leveling up my MAg, it's ANNOYING! Especially when you feed it three items, and you have to wait about 10 min. to feed it again. :@

A.S.
01-04-2005, 01:13 AM
This may be hard if you don't like feeding your mag but get a first degree rare MAG, for people like me who love raising Mags its really easy. I just raise my Mag and the stats end up being around def+ata=pow+mind and such (which is why I find Mag guides to be a bunch of BS). Savitris, Diwaris, and Nidras are the easiest Mags to feed, under both mind and power. You have to reach 100 first, and still have other oppotunities at level 105, 110, 115, 120, you get it.

I use my Deva for my MAG, 20/140/30/0, but for lower levels use something around what Kefka said, currently I am trying to get a 20/150/30/0. Keep Mind at a zero, RAmars have the worst MST out of all characters making it leats useful.

Fabo Craven
01-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Purplenum is good for ranger weapons.
my ranger mag is 25/130/40/5 Nidra. Its the best mag ever. It has all Invince and Reverser+it looks cool.
10 seconds of invincibility
its more like 30 seconds of invince at least.

A.S.
01-04-2005, 01:24 AM
I didn't get a Nidra, while for a RAmar getting Invincibility maybe more important (whoever said what mag you get doesn't matter is WRONG) but I have all my Mags S/D, made a bad one giving S/D bonus to FOnewearl.

As a RAmar, who can already use S/D, get a Nidra for the invincibility special.

Fabo Craven
01-04-2005, 01:31 AM
whoever said what mag you get doesn't matter is WRONG
that waas Kefka

while for a RAmar getting Invincibility maybe more important
yes rangers have lower def and hp so they need invinciblity if they ever want to meele well.
made a bad one giving S/D bonus to FOnewearl.
My Fonewearl has a Bhima so she does get Shifta /Deband but also gets invinced(trick to killing ult Falz at lvl 117)

Mog Boy Yezno
01-04-2005, 01:50 AM
I'm weird, i want my sato that i made to be perfectly even, i want 50's all the way through, seeing how i need defense, attack, dex, and mind

Fabo Craven
01-04-2005, 01:53 AM
u dont need mind(at leat not 100 of it) your a RAmar dont waste lvls on mind. Defense is okay and dex is fine but youll want more then 100 more ATP. youll regret this.

Mog Boy Yezno
01-04-2005, 01:54 AM
well then let me regret it, i just think it would be cool to have a mag with same stats, not to mention the mindstrength will help with my resta, shifta, and deband, which as you know, i need.

Fabo Craven
01-04-2005, 01:58 AM
the 100 more mind wont help S/D because mst dont affect them only their lvls do. Resta is affected so it will help there but not enough to make it worth while.

deathknocks
01-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Right now I have a Kama, and it likes antidotes, which raise its DEX, so that's pretty good. But... what I want is its ATP to go higher...
Trimates only boost it up about 1/10th of the way though. :@
Ah well. I'll just have to boost it up slowly, I guess.

Mog Boy Yezno
01-04-2005, 02:13 AM
when i had a kama i gave it sol atomizers, they should work well, that is if i remember correctly.

Wootem Ace
01-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Right now I have a Kama, and it likes antidotes, which raise its DEX, so that's pretty good. But... what I want is its ATP to go higher...
Trimates only boost it up about 1/10th of the way though. :@
Ah well. I'll just have to boost it up slowly, I guess.

Did you try Sol Atomizers?

D3COYBOY
01-04-2005, 02:47 AM
Purplenum is good for ranger weapons.
my ranger mag is 25/130/40/5 Nidra. Its the best mag ever. It has all Invince and Reverser+it looks cool.

Hmmm... Something appealing about that setup. I do have some questions: Why do 25 def (rangers don't ussually find themselves in melee) and mind 5 ( Ramarls have a high enough mst that 5 points could be put to better use)? As for Nidra, I really never thought of it that way. I do love my Nidra for my battle mage but I find it a bit unusual for a ranged character. Purplenum looks to be choice of ID but again I wish to hear what more of you have to say. Meditate on this, I will.

Edit: Again guys and gals, remember that the purpose of the forum is to acknowledge and discuss what do you consider to be the best Mag/setup, not how to raise them.

Fabo Craven
01-04-2005, 02:50 AM
The 25 def and 5 mind was to make it special. When in melee rangers do need some amount of defence.

D3COYBOY
01-04-2005, 02:55 AM
Common sense wins again! It looks like raising two mags are in order (one for early levels and one for more advanced levels). <tired sigh>

deathknocks
02-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the Sol Atomizer trick, I'll try it later, I don't feel like playing right now. (for some reason.)

jarl
02-04-2005, 07:11 PM
i screwed up my first nidra, but im still raising it for my RAcast. nidras r really gd, dimates boost up pow loads and take off a lot of dex and a bit of def, wich is good. everything is gd for it, i really like it and im making another 1 :D

deathknocks
02-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the Sol Atomizer thing...
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

D3COYBOY
04-04-2005, 02:23 AM
i screwed up my first nidra, but im still raising it for my RAcast. nidras r really gd, dimates boost up pow loads and take off a lot of dex and a bit of def, wich is good. everything is gd for it, i really like it and im making another 1 :D

I'm making three for all three of my characters (all of which of female: Hun-Newmen, Rgr-Human, Fo-Newmen). 2 power nidras for my Skyly Hunter and Purplenum Ranger (5/145/50/0) and 1 mind Nidra for my Whithl Force (5/0/50/145). Focused, I know, but it seems to me the simplist and most effective way capitalize on their strengths or lack there of. They are still a work in progress and itching closer to level 100. When that happens, then that is when I finalize the stats, perhaps more Def. Again, all suggestions and/or comments are welcomed.

Hrith
04-04-2005, 02:34 AM
whoever said what mag you get doesn't matter is WRONGNo one has yet proven me wrong.
-The invincibility lasts 10 seconds on GC/Xbox, not more, it doen't work all the time, so you can't rely on it. Not that it's good anyway.
-The S/D is Lv 6, totally useless.
-The healing is dependant on MST, which means that it will heal less than 100 HP on androids = completely useless, since non-androids have their own Resta.
-And 90% of the mags do revive you (very rarely).

So yeah, mags don't matter, pick one according to its looks, that's all

yes rangers have lower def and hp so they need invinciblity if they ever want to meele well.RAcast has the highest HP of all chars and 2nd DFP.
RAcaseal has the highest DFP of all chars, and 2nd HP.
RAmar has low DFP, but 4th best HP.
RAmarl has average HP but good DFP.

Learn your chars.

ShadowNinja X7
04-04-2005, 02:40 AM
I screwed up my first Nidra to but now I'm making a 5/145/50/0 Diwari, those stats will really help a ranger out.

D3COYBOY
04-04-2005, 03:15 AM
No one has yet proven me wrong.
-The invincibility lasts 10 seconds on GC/Xbox, not more, it doen't work all the time, so you can't rely on it. Not that it's good anyway.
-The S/D is Lv 6, totally useless.
-The healing is dependant on MST, which means that it will heal less than 100 HP on androids = completely useless, since non-androids have their own Resta.
-And 90% of the mags do revive you (very rarely).

So yeah, mags don't matter, pick one according to its looks, that's all

Temper, temper, temper. We have already established that they are not consistantly reliable, but... and this is key here, it is a welcome benefit when it does happen. Being in a crowded room with your back to the wall, and then becoming invincible for 10 seconds is tide turning ability. It is a trinket to say the least, but we are trying to decide here which of these little surprises that the mags have are the ones that we want. You do have valid points, but you are not helping the situations by telling us so. And guess what, S/D at lvl 6 for an android is fantastic. Explaining the obvious here, but androids don't really have a choice or say in the matter when it comes to casting spells. As for healing, a little healing never hurt anybody. Mags casting reverser , while rarely as you say, come as a great surprise versus bosses when your Forces or your entire party for that matter just bit the dust. I emphasize however that you are correct, mags are not as readily dependable as they should be, which is a shame. When a mag does decide to come through for you, you will not hear me complaining. So in a way, we want the best surprises that could nudge our characters in a profitable way, if only slight. So mags do matter, to me at least, and thats all that matters. So again I dare ask, what is the best mag for a ranger?

RAcast has the highest HP of all chars and 2nd DFP.
RAcaseal has the highest DFP of all chars, and 2nd HP.
RAmar has low DFP, but 4th best HP.
RAmarl has average HP but good DFP.

Learn your chars.

Was this last comment really nessesary?

Vincent Rayne
04-04-2005, 03:33 AM
i love my pushan...

it treats me well...
and i swear...

my synchro is down to 0...
and it heals me more than at 120...

Hrith
04-04-2005, 12:21 PM
I was not mad, angry or anything, it's probably how I came off, as usual, but it's mainly your interpretation of my tone.

What you say is true, mag abilities can be useful, but my main point was that none is better than another, so mags don't matter in that sense.

I have a Lv 194 HUcast, Lv 174 RAcast, Lv 112 RAcaseal and Lv 50 HUcaseal, and I never found S/D Lv 6 of any use on an android, let alone a Resta that heals less than 1/15th of my HP gauge when I'm in a plight.

My Lv 190 FOnewearl uses a Sato, which randomly makes me invincible, it never saved my life.

If you wants mags easy to raise, Diwari, Nidra and Savitri are the easiest mags to raise in the game. Nidra gives invincibility, the other two give S/D.

Mag cell mags are also easy to raise, Soniti gives invincibility on all occasions.

I really insist that you choose a mag that suits your char, even if you find their abilities remotely inportant, they're not important enough to set for mismatching mag.

D3COYBOY
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
I was not mad, angry or anything, it's probably how I came off, as usual, but it's mainly your interpretation of my tone.

What you say is true, mag abilities can be useful, but my main point was that none is better than another, so mags don't matter in that sense.

I have a Lv 194 HUcast, Lv 174 RAcast, Lv 112 RAcaseal and Lv 50 HUcaseal, and I never found S/D Lv 6 of any use on an android, let alone a Resta that heals less than 1/15th of my HP gauge when I'm in a plight.

My Lv 190 FOnewearl uses a Sato, which randomly makes me invincible, it never saved my life.

If you wants mags easy to raise, Diwari, Nidra and Savitri are the easiest mags to raise in the game. Nidra gives invincibility, the other two give S/D.

Mag cell mags are also easy to raise, Soniti gives invincibility on all occasions.

I really insist that you choose a mag that suits your char, even if you find their abilities remotely inportant, they're not important enough to set for mismatching mag.

Point well taken. I love it when discussions go well. This being my first in this website, was particularly pleasing. I guess I could make than a Female Hunter then, dress her like Misty (from pokemon fame) and give it that Butterfree looking mag (regardless of what it does) for some style points. Stats would again read something like 5/145/50/0, cast nothing but Barta series spells (water pokemon specialty) and call it a day. Just hope that I don't run into a thousand other look alikes. Now what to do about the section? Perhaps maybe Whithil or the ever popular Skyly (for Hunters at least). What do you think? Do you all like?

EDIT: Nidra + their ability still rule. Rock on scorpions!

flickynick
04-04-2005, 08:06 PM
I prefer to have an average amount of dex on a mag, beef it out with slots instead

For instance, a 5/145/50/0

on my RAcast that is

jarl
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
i have a 20, 130, 50,0 for my racast but using it on my ramar till i get my other nidra finished.. its sweet!!!!

Tellet
16-04-2005, 05:35 PM
I have a Soniti for my RAmar character, not finished yet, 10/130/60/0 will be the end stats. It's on level 180 now :D

ShadowNinja X7
18-04-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm still working on a 5/145/50/0 Diwari, I really havn't fed it in a while.

Goko
16-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Personally i've gone for dex a bit more of a dexy mag then power.... i've got a 30 defence 70Dex and 100Power.... as well as it making a nice Pushan Mag ^_^ (He's just so cute :P) I like the extra dex for helping out on speacil attacks and to well... hit your target XD and cause i'm a RAcast they have the highest atk of the ranger group so i dont need to go crazy with the power ^_^ the high def is cause later on the monsters can get alittle to close and i'd like to stay alife to get up or run away and get a better shot :P as well as taking less damage :P plus if i rember dex does help you block alittle... so even less damage... (i might be wrong on that but i think it does help a tiny bit :P)