PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for RAmarl

tangwistel
28-03-2005, 11:46 AM
OK, first off I've been lurking here as a Guest for months, so I dunno if I really count as "new". :P I've been playing GC PSO for a couple of years, offline only.

I'm not good at this game -_-

My first, main and only character until very recently was a Pinkal FOmar (don't do this. EVER.) and I got into some bad habits with him, like door fighting with a Varista up until VHard Ruins. Shut up, it's not funny. I tech casted with him then until Ult Ruins where I am still getting pwned like a bitch at level 137, but that isn't really relevant to my current problem.

Soo... For variety I recently made a HUcaseal (to force myself to learn to melee) and a RAmarl. My difficulty is with the RAmarl. At level 79 she's just not doing enough damage in Ult Forest. I want to open up FoS so I can hunt the Frozen Shooter but I can't clear Native Research in the time limit.

Mag is a 5/145/50/0 Sato.
Weapons: Justy-23ST 20/15/0/0, Arrest Vulcans 30/0/0/25/35 (a gift from my FOmar), Guilty Light 0/0/0/0/15.
Slots: General/Arm++, Dragon/HP, Ogre/Power, Master/Ability.

As you can see, all her weapons are one hit only, except possibly one of them ("excuse me Mr. Tollaw, but would you and your fellows kindly form an orderly line so I can shoot you with this Guilty Light?"). She can kill a Bartle in maybe three hard/hard/hard combos of her Justy or two with the Vulcans, and that's not much good when there's waves of them. I'm reasonably good at dodging now thanks to my HU, I could probably do this quest now if it wasn't for the time limit. I thought of shots but the only one I have is a couple of Meteor Smashes with 15% to Machine and Dark respectively, and they're far too slow to be useful. I'm a long way from Ruins so I can't get Spread Needle. Srank Needle is not an option unless I cheat, and I can cheat but do not wish to. I may suck at PSO, but I've got this far legitimately. The only other thing she has is a Gungnir with 30% hit. And the one character who does have Ult Ruins access is a fricken Pinkal...

So what do I do? Getting God/Powers is not an option unless I steal my brother's Greenill HUcast who is only level 24 right now anyway. How can I kill multiple Ult enemies fast(er)? Am I missing out on a crucial Ranger tactic? Do I just level monotonously until I can do enough damage to the single targets? Or is there something decent I can get elsewhere that I haven't thought of?

Toby
28-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Look for speacial weapon shots and maybe a God battle would help.

The speacial weapon shot that i use is Final impact.

It is easy to get and quite powerful but you also need to raise up a bit.

:P :D :D :P

Namillus
28-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Uhh... the Guilty Light pierces, just so you know. It hits enemies in a line. Can you do something with that?

If you continuously end up in melee, I recommend piping an Agito 1975 (Pal Rappy, 1/21) with your FOmar, since that can become Orotiagito.

If you look for an Inferno Bazooka (Hard Garanz, 87.5%, I think, but not sure which IDs), that might help. It's slow, but its special halves enemy HP (or cuts to 1/4, can't remember).

tangwistel
28-03-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm aware that the Guilty Light pierces (sorry, just edited above before I saw your post) but so far the enemies have not been, ah, obliging.

I have a '75 Agito, that's why my FOmar's such a high level. Sixty-eight Pals I went through for that thing. I never want to do a FiY run again... Unfortunately I don't think she's got high enough strength for the Orotiagito.

Final Impact... I'll have to see if I can get hold of that. Couldn't be any worse than the Meteor Smash.

My Redria's in Hard, so no God/Battle for me -_-

EDIT: Ugh, Greenill again for Final Impact. I wonder if my brother would mind if I just trained his HUcast up a wee bit... lol, he's not even out of Normal.

EDIT EDIT: No Orotiagito for Willow, her class can't use it at all.

Namillus
28-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Are there any grinds on your weapons? That might be important.

Also, with the Orotiagito a no-go, I recommend hunting a Red Saber with your FOmar. Since RAmarls can equip it (I think), it can help you if you get stuck in melee. It's 1/829, Barble, for Pinkal. The Inferno Bazooka is 1/1050, Bartle, for Pinkal.

A.S.
28-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Oritiagito is HUnter exclusive. And for newearls and RAmarls you should have two Mags, one with decent pow/ata (RAmarls are the best melee'ers), and a Mind mag to switch up. Launchers suck, try Rifles, Frozen Shooter works well for underleveled RAs then again thas for Hildetorrs and most IDs.

Anti Hacker
28-03-2005, 04:37 PM
My first hand advice of this situation:

Don't use a dex mag if you are, you have all the dex you need from base stats, use a power mag.

Use two elf arms and two ogre powers or if you have better, use that.

find a Demon Laser. I know its not a propper rare, but youre accuracy will allow you to quater their health a few times with the effect and then a simple shot will finish them off. You could use the Justy 23st also, but its effect is not as great. Get some burning vulcans to finish the Sil Dragon.

jarl
28-03-2005, 07:09 PM
your lv 79 at forest? no wonder you cant get the time limit!!!i was lvl 90 with a RAmar, and had a couple of minutes to spare. if i were you lvl up, use the justy, its gd and get a decent pow mag.

NetNomad
28-03-2005, 07:30 PM
My RAmarl entered Ultimate in the low 60's, right behind my HUcast (I wanted to get FoS open to hunt Star Amplifiers). Surprisingly, both of them did about the same damage. I would reccomend trying to get a Delsaber Combo, it's a good starting weapon for Ultimate. Other than that, make sure you have decent Shifta/Deband, and always keep them on. Cast J/Z on enemies as well, until you can do well enough without J/Z. The support techs are REALLY important for a RAmar or HUnewearl (my HUnewearl just entered Ultimate and I'm using a similar strategy).

Fabo Craven
28-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Ya my HUnewearol needs to keep s/d and j/z on all the time. I would expect it too be true for RAmarls too because my highest is lvl 47 in Vhard Caves. She uses Support techs more then resta. no dex on mags( unless its gonna be special). mine uses a 25/130/40/4 mag and it is great for any class.

jarl
28-03-2005, 08:13 PM
except perhaps a force....

whiteninja
28-03-2005, 08:37 PM
- If you can do any damage with mechguns, use them. I found that a Burning Vulcan (the special) was very helpful for my Ramar until he was about level 95, then the heavy attacks could do enough damage and knock enemies back.
- Make sure you have the best Shifta and Deband you can have, aslo Zalure helps, but not as much as S&D (and Jellen sucks).
- Use the Meteor Smash you have (or get a Final Impact) and max grind it, it'll help.
- Use any extra power materials you have, but keep track of how many so you don't use too many.
- Ditch the Guilty Light.
- If you think you can do it, use your Pinkal to get a Bringer's Right Arm (Ruins 2 and 3, Dark Bringer, 1/358), it makes a Demon Laser that seems to be good (don't have one myself, but I want one).

Fabo Craven
28-03-2005, 08:37 PM
okay theres one character that wouldnt be goods for. All exept for Fonewerl can melee and could use that mag.

tangwistel
28-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I do have a Delsaber combo if I steal it off my HUcaseal, but I'd rather keep to ranged combat if I can. I'll keep an eye out for Burning Vulcans/Demon Lasers, but those things don't grow on trees ya know! I've given her her share of power mats now so that should help.

So... It looks like my equipment will stay the same, except swapping the Guilty Light for a grinded Meteor Smash. I only used the Guilty Light for De Rol and Barba anyway, really. I will also have to upgrade my Shifta because it's only level 10 at the moment, that probably isn't helping. RAmarl can go up to level 20 on techs, right?

The mag, as I said above, is 5/145/50/0 Sato. I suppose I can get 20 more points of POW out of it if I use a 5/135/40/0 Kama I have *is an obsessive mag farmer*, but the difference to damage wouldn't be huge and I'd lose 5 points of ATA too. Is that wise, even for a RAmarl? I don't wanna see any more little red "MISS"es than I already do, lol

My girl just leveled up :) Lvl 80 now. Gonna do a regular Forest run now and see what difference is made, and also try and figure out a strategy for using horrible slow Shots... bleh, I wish I had a Spread Needle. But then that's why I made a Yellowboze to start with...

whiteninja
28-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Purplenum gets a lot of great Ranger weapons too, if you ever want another character.

The Burning Vulcan could also be a Gatling, Repeater, ect. the special will do the same damage (it's based on level, or MST, I don't know which).

For a Shifta, Ultimate Mines with your Fomar should give disks around level 20 but Shifta is kind of hard to find.

Fabo Craven
29-03-2005, 02:44 AM
I'd lose 5 points of ATA too. Is that wise, even for a RAmarl
you wont even notice the diffefence. By the way whayt is you base ATA?

tangwistel
29-03-2005, 09:26 AM
By the way whayt is you base ATA?

139. I won't notice a 5 point loss, you say? Well, I sure notice it with my FOmar XD I'm anal about ATA, that's why I picked a HUcaseal for my Hunter instead of a HUcast despite the fact I'm offline only and people say she's the worst offline HU. I'd rather have two weaker attacks connect rather than one stronger one miss... besides which, I like that Sato.

20 points of POW vs 5 points of ATA... uh... hmm... I just don't know :P well anyway, she's killing stuff noticeably faster now. I'll try the quest again.

spirit_N
29-03-2005, 09:46 AM
ermm ok i am not an expert on ramarls but i hope i can help ( as i have a ra cast )

i would say for yours start trading or piping for a frozen shooter asap as if you like door shooting then the frozen shooter is one of the best, also search for a twin brand and grind it to the max i believe its +60ISH ( dont qoute me as i rather use my monkey king bar ;) ), that way you can freeze and hit for some damage. i believe that its an easy wep to find, i got like foru just dont use em. And you'd be better off piping for a god ability then a god power as then you can increase mst, evp, luck , power etc then just your power. as for armour/units look for a celestial armour if you can ( but you'll have to wait till 85 ) it gives you +120 dfp, as well as a nice +20 on resist dark and resist light so no orb lillies can take you down !, as for units look for a god arm or a cure freeze as the frozen shooter can freeze you as well, and even though its random and doesnt happen as much you dont want to be stuck frozen in the middle of a room full of del Ds lol. for a sheild just pipe for a custom barrier with a viridia off a mil lilly on temple, so much easier... if you can try looking/trading for the armour as well as then when eqiuped together you get a 50% increase in stats.

ermm for a mag try rasing a mag cell power mag ( i say mag cell as its a quicker level up ! as a normal mag cell when feed with a trimate gives you about 14 a mag cell mag gives you 29, as well as getting some antidotes for atp , but your base ata is good enough )

hope it helps .

tangwistel
29-03-2005, 09:53 AM
spirit_N: well, the problem is that I can't open FoS so I can start hunting for a Frozen Shooter, lol! (Unless there is anyone here with an EU game who is willing to mail memory cards back and forth... but i doubt it)

Anyway thanks for the suggestions everyone. I might raise a 185 POW mag for her, I have an obscene amount of mags. No system mags for me though, i'm offline only.

Anti Hacker
29-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Greenill find the Yasminkov weapons, and are generally accepted as the best ranger ID. Purplenum are good to, because they find lotsa mechguns! :D

Fabo Craven
29-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Skyly can find Justys in ult.

Anti Hacker
29-03-2005, 05:30 PM
I know, it is the one blemish on the otherwise perfect Hunter ID. Oran is good for hunters to. Pinkal is the main force ID.

Fabo Craven
29-03-2005, 10:05 PM
I know, it is the one blemish on the otherwise perfect Hunter ID
I like them......i trade them to my friends for addslots and cooler special weapons.

whiteninja
30-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Greenill find the Yasminkov weapons, and are generally accepted as the best ranger ID. Purplenum are good to, because they find lotsa mechguns! :DOnly Greenill gets the 3000R, a strong rifle, really strong when grinded to 60.
Only Purplenum gets the 9000M, by far better, a mechgun with the range of a rifle, and it adds an average of 80 atp when grinded to 10.
The 2000H is a handgun that is weaker than a Red Handgun (with both grinded) but it looks cooler.
The 7000V is some sort of rifle that looks like a shotgun (not the PSO kind, real life kind), I think, or something, maybe...
None of the Yasminkovs have specials, the special is thier cool looks and uber strength!

Justy's are pretty good weapons for Rangers. They are pretty acurate and the Devil special helps. It's nothing in comparison to a Bringer's Rifle, or a Demon's Raygun with a 50% hit (I have :P ).

Fabo Craven
30-03-2005, 02:44 AM
I want a Bringers rifle but my griend doenst like to play ult. ruins at all.
It's nothing in comparisonto Demon's Raygun with a 50% hit (I have ).
what about a justy with 50% hit?

whiteninja
30-03-2005, 03:16 AM
The Justy's special would still only be Devil's (1/2) while my Raygun's is Demon's (1/4), so I only would need to hit half as often as you still.

Fabo Craven
30-03-2005, 03:54 AM
but id have longer range. (i dont think i can win)