PDA

View Full Version : Best Techs

D3COYBOY
24-03-2005, 07:29 AM
I was wondering, what are the best techs to have customized into into all 3-6 buttons. I'm started a FOmar and cannot figure out which are the best techs to choose. So far I have 1 atk, 1 special or heavy (depending on weapon), and Zalure. Then my R triggers are Resta, Gifoie, and perhaps Gibarta. I tend to cast Shifta/Deband between battles since it last a long time.

Fabo Craven
24-03-2005, 07:36 AM
i use weak atk, resta and fluids.
on the r trigger i have foie, barta, and zonde.

Zagreus
25-03-2005, 07:35 PM
This is what I use (I use this on both DC and Xbox, not sure how the gamecube controller is, but I see you're an xboxer so that shouldn't be an issue).

Set 1 is without using a trigger button, set 2 is the stuff you get with the right trigger. Items are listed from right to left.

Forest, Caves, and Ruins:
Set 1: Gifoie, Special Attack, Gizonde
Set 2: Resta, Difluid, Rabarta

Mines: Foie, Special Attack, Gizonde
Set 2: Resta, Difluid, Rabarta

Dragon:
Set 1: Deband, Grants, Reverser
Set 2: Restra, Difluid, Rabarta

Del Ro Le:
Set 1: Gifoie, Foie, Gizonde
Set 2: Resta, Difluid, Reverser

Val Opt:
Set 1: Grants, Foie, GiZonde
Set 2: Resta, Difluid, Reverser

Dark Falz 1:
Set 1: GiZonde, Grants*, Reverser
Set 2: Resta, Difluid, Rabarta*

Dark Falz 2: Switch Rabarta for Gibarta
Dark Falz 3: Switch Grants for Foie

As you see, I try to keep things in the same place, most of the time. I prefer medium level (Gi) attacks as opposed to high level (ra) attacks, except barta (Gibarta is awesome for Falz 2 though). This is mainly because at level 40 I don't have really high level Ra techs. This is the same layout I've used on the dreamcast for well over 1000 hours, so I'm used to it. The only change my DC char would make is swap out difluid for grants, as his double saber special attack gets him plenty of TP.

NetNomad
27-03-2005, 05:36 AM
It should probably depend on what kind of force you're using. The only one I have at a high level is my FOnewm, who is a combo force and sometimes melees in single-player. As with all my characters, his front-side buttons are all attacks. R-A is Resta (also the same as my other characters), but the other two tend to change:
Forest:
R-B: Gizonde or Foie
R-X: Rafoie

Caves:
R-B: Barta or Gizonde

Mines (Pre-ultimate):
R-B: Gizonde
R-X: Barta

Mines (Ultimate):
R-B: Foie or Barta

Ruins:
R-B: Barta or Gizonde

Note that his top weapon is a Hildeblue's Cane, and I'll frequently use its special attack (low-level Gibarta) in combo form on enemies that are weak to ice... at least when I don't have a barta tech quick-set. Otherwise, I melee when I don't have the proper technique quick-set; a cast of level 30 Jellen and 29 Zalure makes everything nice. :D

D3COYBOY
29-03-2005, 08:11 PM
It should probably depend on what kind of force you're using.

I've started a new FOmar with a recently raised Nidra. I'm concentrating on making it into a battle mage with the the assistance of Nidra's Invincibility ability. Being that the FOmar gets bonuses on the Gi-series, it makes sense to put one or two, preferably GiZonde and GiFoie. Being melee, Resta is good. These would most likely be on my R-trigger. As for my primary, I'm finding Zalure to be very useful. Normal attack would be my X, but I don't know what would the next button be. I thought heavy attack but I don't know if the forum would agree. Great thanks to you guys/gals for displaying the variety of optimized choices for every senario. I was actually trying for a more consistant (call me lazy) and efficient setup, but I see that I'd have to change my ways.

Fabo Craven
29-03-2005, 09:56 PM
mine is consistent most of the time. Heavy attack would be fine untill you see that you need a nother ability on quick select.

Tycoon
05-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Useually I use this combo:

B-Rafoe

A-Gizonde

X-Resta

Unless u have a really weak teammate that needs to be revived all the time, I think that would be the best combo.

NetNomad
05-04-2005, 05:07 PM
If you're going to be a melee force, then DEFINITELY have all three attack types set. I do that with all my characters anyway. The only exception is my FOnewm, who will occasionally swap Barta with Extra Attack (on X), because that's not much of a stretch (I use Extra Attack with him only when I use the Hildeblue's Cane, mostly). And then there's my FOnewearl... still figuring her out... :ermm:

icedragon90909
05-04-2005, 09:46 PM
mainly i just have all hard attacks and one slot in r for trifluids that includes rafoie razonde rabarta in front place and in R i have Grants Megid and Trifluids

D3COYBOY
05-04-2005, 10:49 PM
My FOmar "Manji the Battlemage" has seen some action since the last post and through it all, I've juggled several variations. So far this has worked for me and to surprising effect it gives the illusion of being a support character. Hard atk/Normal atk/Rabarta (if surrounded, FREEZE! also could be switcted with Special atk), then on my R-trigger Resta/Zalure/Jellen. This as you see is focused for melee. Rabarta is debatable, Hard atk as well. I right now trying to figure out if Hard atk is even nessesary due to Shifta and Zalure in full effect and just replace it with what ever the situation demands. For the most part, my R-triggers are done, but now I must finish twinking with the standard buttons. What to do, What to do?

Sheik
05-04-2005, 10:56 PM
For my setup (applies to all characters...not just my forces) I use:
B[rafoie] - A[heavy attack] - X[resta] / R+B[rabarta] - R+A[trifluid] - R+X[gizonde]
_ _ _ _ _
For my droids I use:
B[mono/di/trimate] - A[simple attack] - X[heavy attack] / R+B[damage trap] - R+A[freeze trap] - R+X[confuse trap]

deathknocks
18-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Though I'm not very powerful, i have...

X - Rafoie

A - Weak atk

B - Megid

(R) X - Trifluid

(R) A - Resta

(R) B - Razonde

Hey, just trying to be helpful... ;)

Kaze
19-04-2005, 05:30 AM
I always have Rafoi, weak attack, and gizonde, and the R button ones are Resta, Gibarta, and Grants. This isn't probably the best setup, but it actually works quite well for me.

flickynick
19-04-2005, 08:58 AM
A - Weak Attack
B - Special Attack
X - Heavy Attack

RA - Resta
RB - Gifoie
RX - Gizonde

Thats my melee FOmar, i use a tp restoring special so i never need fluids

EDIT: thats offline, it would differ greatly if i were online