PDA

View Full Version : Hacking and CHeating compared to Walkthroughs

Elvan
13-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Now i've seen many walkthrough's or guides to PSO. i think that those are worse than cheating and hacking. THe game was programed to be random (or as random as they could do it) however knowing whats gonna happen takes the fun out of the game more (if not equal) as it does with cheating. what do you think about this?

Anti Hacker
13-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Well if you know whats going to happen anyway because you ave played the game so many times before, and if youre trying to do something specific, then i disagree. Also, Hacking to cheat can harm others.

Phantom_RAcast
13-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Very few games are random, if they were random the levels wouldnt be the same every time, and plus a walkthrough might take the fun out of a game for you, but it doesnt affect anyone else, with cheating however it ruins the game (lets take pso for this example: if player one dupes 20photon spheres adds percents to his monkey king bar untill he has high %s then dupes it and gives it to player 2 who in turn dupes it for player 3 rinse and repeat step 2-3) then the whole rarity of the item is destroyed

Elvan
13-03-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm mostly arguing about how to find certain items. My friend has a guide of how you can find certain items, but he claims he is legit. i think if you know how to find certain items, its somewhat equal to making items,

Todd
13-03-2005, 08:57 PM
No,
Hacking/Duping:Gets you the item instantly. Possetion of yours then
Knowing the Drop Rates: Doesn't make 1/235 suddenly become 1/2

Elvan
13-03-2005, 09:00 PM
but if you know how it goes, then your bound to ge tit one way or another. its like a longer version than hacking and duping. if you are totally legit you wouldn't use those.

Todd
13-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Your not bound to get something if you know the chances of getting it. Example, 1/300,000 chance of getting a phyco wand, knowing that still means you could never get it in your entire life.

Kisanzi
13-03-2005, 09:12 PM
So in other words Elvan, you're saying that since I know the odds of winning the lottery then I'm bound to win it in time. Unfortunately that's not the way it goes. I could either cheat and counterfeit myself a bunch of hundred dollar bills (like duping) or just continue to try my luck at doing things the legal (legit) way. Sorry for the cheesy analogy, but I can't see how help guides could be even closely related to duping and hacks.

whiteninja
13-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Todd is right here.

hacking gives you a 100% chance of getting the item, and completely destroys the rarity of it.
knowing where to get it, doesn't increase the chance of you finding the item. you just know how to get it.

exagerated example: i have a math test. it is on +, -, *, and /. i can either:
a) steal the answer sheet and get all the answers instantly (hacking) or
b) know how to +, -, *, and / and actually do it (having dropcharts) or
c) completely guess my way through the test (not having drop charts or hacking.

Todd
13-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Ahhh, thank whiteninja and Kisanzi you for putting it into a clearer more easier to understand way of seeing it. You described it in a way I could not. And if you still don't understand Elvan, then you are simply an illegit person.

spirit_N
13-03-2005, 09:46 PM
well hacking is worse then dupplicating, as in duping you are making copies of legit items only problem is that it de values the item although i havent come across any dupers yet, hacking is totally wrong and ever one knows that ie 127 % weapons which do like 1000 damage minumum

juist spoils the game really

Todd
13-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Thus, that is why we are all legit. Understand? :ermm:

Elvan
13-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Certain cheats, hacks, dupes are just fun to do, while others bring down the game tremedously. its a matter of perspective. Since most of you never use cheats or such and such you probably wont understand what its like to use them.

Anti Hacker
14-03-2005, 10:17 AM
I think when Elvan says his friend knows how to get certain items, he does not mean drop chances, he means quest rares like the soul eater. It is not un-legit to get a weapon this way, since its not intended you should have a %chance of getting the weapon, it is intended to be a dead cert. Also, the weapon isnt even that good, youll probably find a better enemy part before you get the soul eater. If what you say is true Elvan, because trading online is a certain way to get a weapon, it is un-legit. clearly its not...

deathknocks
09-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Walkthrus ain't as bad as cheating,
unless the cheat is something like an anti-FSOD code or something.

Walkthrus are good if you wanna know more info about something.
Or you are stuck, REAL stuck!

That's happened to me before in Megaman - Red Sun. ;)

Anti Hacker
10-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I have nearly used a walkthrough on Zelda: Master Quest a few times, but decided to do it myself.

jarl
10-04-2005, 08:31 PM
ive used walkthroughs on legend of zelda, windwaker, but just to find that last bottle (i still wouldnt have it if it wasnt for that) and ive also attempted to find walkthroughs for lots of other games, like counter strike for the pc (the older one, not source) but that was only after trying to find a way through for literally 5 hours. i didnt get one and adventually saw the light...... i think walkthroughs can be alright, but only if you are STUCK and see no way to get out, if you just follow the game with a walkthrough then its stupid (though i have done this on metroid prime, but only after completing it and that was so i could get another other load of pictures) but i dont like hacking, and cheating is alrite, but only when it doesnt affect any1 else, i.e random offline games, etc.

Anti Hacker
11-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Sometimes walkthroughs don't help anyway, just because you know how to do something that won't neccessarily make it easier.

Lostthought144
12-04-2005, 03:08 PM
I had to use a walkthrough once in my life...
It was for Zelda naturally and It was that dam upside down dungeon and I was so so stuck...
when I read it I found out I skip a place and was on the wrong side of the dungeon...
I felt really stupid...
Walkthrought should ONLY be use when you have been at something for atleast 5 hours and no results...
I believe this becuase being stuck on something can also be frustating...
If you can find it out on your own your awsome but once you do know you learn from your stupidity...
Regardless I am promising myself never to use a walkthrough for the new zelda...
Im going to make it all the way this time!

Anti Hacker
12-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Zelda is a puzzle rpg, not having to solve the puzzles takes the point away!

Todd
13-04-2005, 12:38 PM
I had to use a walkthrough once in my life...
It was for Zelda naturally and It was that dam upside down dungeon and I was so so stuck...
when I read it I found out I skip a place and was on the wrong side of the dungeon...
I felt really stupid...
Walkthrought should ONLY be use when you have been at something for atleast 5 hours and no results...
I believe this becuase being stuck on something can also be frustating...
If you can find it out on your own your awsome but once you do know you learn from your stupidity...
Regardless I am promising myself never to use a walkthrough for the new zelda...
Im going to make it all the way this time!

Aw man. I know just what your fellin. Those upside down dungons are just.....SO UPSIDE DOWN!

Sorry, just a frendly rant. ;)

Lostthought144
13-04-2005, 04:35 PM
the point was i was staight up lost...
It was only one time...
Im not to happy about it...
but it happened and was needed at the time...
And thats the way it happens...
everything else was solved by me...

Anti Hacker
14-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I remember using maps on Pokemon Blue cos i got stuck in that cave where that flipping blue ice bird thing was. I didnt bring any mole pokemon to dig me out so i had to walk it... How was i to know teleport dosent work in dungeons?

Deadly Zero
15-04-2005, 05:21 AM
ive bought only 8 guides but never used them. i would just look at the chars. pics and get ideas for my drawings. the upside down temple was the easiest i think it was the shadow temple too. i beat it in an 1 hour or something like that.

Anti Hacker
17-04-2005, 06:30 PM
lol the bss to that just made me laugh. The bottom of the well is annoying.