PDA

View Full Version : Section ID

Daan
04-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Hello, I'm about to create a new character, a Force, but how can you decide your section id and which is the best?

Kisanzi
04-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Section ID is based on your character's name. Here's a link to the calculator where you can enter a name you might want and see what section ID it gives you. http://www.ragol.co.uk/calculators/sectionid/sectionid.shtml For a force I've heard RUMORS that pinkal is good because they find a higher abundance of rare Force weapons and higher level techs. But if there's one weapon that your dying to have and is only found by another section ID, then go for it. I personally made my force an Oran just so that I can get a shot at finding a Prophets of Motav (an incredibly rare Force weapon that looks like a big book of spells only found by Oran).

EDIT: Out of respect and to adhere to Kefka's knowlege I edited my suggestion.

Hrith
04-03-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm really getting tired of that ****ing ****...

Pinkal does not find better Force weapons, and PINKAL DOES NOT FIND BETTER TECHNIQUE DISKS !!

Pinkal is the worst ID in the game, DO NOT MAKE ONE.

There aren't many things a Force really needs, so I suggest Whitill if you do not have one, Purplenum or Oran, too (Oran is not a very good ID, but has some nice stuff for Forces). Redria works well, too, good for armours.

EDIT (decswxaqz): Removed some bad language

Double Edge
04-03-2005, 07:44 PM
lol. Good ol' classic Kefka. My suggestion is Whitill.

Kisanzi
04-03-2005, 07:47 PM
(cowers in the corner)...sorry...my mistake...please disregard anything I said about Pinkal and heed Kefka's advice...please don't kill me Kefka...

Kashima
04-03-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm really getting tired of that ****ing ****...

Pinkal does not find better Force weapons, and PINKAL DOES NOT FIND BETTER TECHNIQUE DISKS !!

Pinkal is the worst ID in the game, DO NOT MAKE ONE.

There aren't many things a Force really needs, so I suggest Whitill if you do not have one, Purplenum or Oran, too (Oran is not a very good ID, but has some nice stuff for Forces). Redria works well, too, good for armours.

LOL classic Kefka indeed having made the mistake of making my first fomarl a pinkal and playing with her on ult i really dont suggest pinkal you keep really finding the same stuff that you find on lower diffuculties there is no reason in hell why i should still be getting storm wand indras from bosses on ult id say yellowboze or whitill

EDIT (decswxaqz): Removed some bad language (from quote)

Hrith
04-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Yes, Yellowboze is good for FOs ;o

A.S.
04-03-2005, 10:54 PM
In my opinion, if you have a FO as a starting character (one idea I wouldn't recommend) don't choose Redria, chances are you can barely use any of the rare armors/shields. If I was a FO I would just get a Light Relief and a Spirit Garment which is actually decent without Moola. Pinkal is only good if you want :Wands, e.g., Strom Wand: Indra. And as everyone knows, :Wands suck.

Kashima
04-03-2005, 11:14 PM
yeah id says its yellowboze for you my friend .... a little extra cash and some exotic items for the force (( ps decs i see your edit and raise you a yasha ! :P ))

Teh EkwEE
05-03-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm sure you can understand Kefka's frustration. He's constantly telling people PINKAL DOESN'T FIND BETTER TECH DISK. But most just won't listen.

A.S.
05-03-2005, 02:09 AM
I wish I could just tell people PINKAL SUCKS. It only treats one class, and has terrible treatment. I just want to see less Pinkals, it being the worst of the worst (I did not get my opinion from Kefka, you just have to see the charts), then again there is Bluefull.

Vincent Rayne
05-03-2005, 03:57 AM
i myself went with purplenum with my fo character...

i dig the wands...
more mst is all that matters to me...

Teh EkwEE
05-03-2005, 08:33 PM
If you plan a FOmar go with Redria. Not that I know what I'm talking about it's just that I wanted a Redria, and FOmars are mostly meleers, redria finds good Hu weps.

Fabo Craven
06-03-2005, 01:47 AM
DO NOT MAKE A FORCE A ORAN i have one and all she finds are the stupid CROSS SCARS and BLOODY ARTS

A.S.
06-03-2005, 04:42 AM
If you plan a FOmar go with Redria. Not that I know what I'm talking about it's just that I wanted a Redria, and FOmars are mostly meleers, redria finds good Hu weps.

True but think of all the armors you can't use, if you have Hunter go for it. Especially for the AddSlots from Nar Lilies on Normal.

Teh EkwEE
07-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Well, like I said I have a bunch of the other classes, I needed a Redria, and got one.

Infinite8
08-03-2005, 01:02 AM
names determine the section id. I think that the best section id is probably a bluefull when it comes to finding canes.

Vincent Rayne
08-03-2005, 01:04 AM
ewww...

i hate canes...
i need the mst...

do you people actually attack with canes..?

NetNomad
08-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Bluefull won't be the worst Force ID, yeah. It finds partisans mostly, but also rods, and a few good Force weapons.

I made my FOnewearl a Pinkal just because I'm going to have one of every ID eventually, but I'll make my FOmar a Yellowboze and my HUcaseal a Whitill. This leaves Pinkal.

Fabo Craven
08-03-2005, 11:40 PM
The only reason for a Bluefull FO is for the Cadeaceous . the weapon is so sweet boosting grants*drool* love it

Teh EkwEE
09-03-2005, 01:13 AM
My FOmarl will use hers once her MST gets high enough. Then you all will bow to teh pwn0rsizing, 70% grants boosted, boss n00king, FOmarl. :D