PDA

View Full Version : Megid's success rate

NetNomad
04-02-2005, 09:59 PM
I've been wondering about this for awhile, actually... is there a Megid that actually kils anything at a decent rate? My FOnewm knows a level 18 Megid (mostly because I haven't found any better Megid disks yet), and with a God/Technique equipped on him that goes up to level 21. Yet this Megid works, well, never.

I couldn't figure out why until I looked up the enemies' EDK in Ultimate... um, wow. No wonder I couldn't kill a Gulgus-Gue with it. :P Kind of lame, though, isn't it? You'd think that Megid in the top ten levels should work at least some of the time... but here we have enemies with common EDK levels of 70 to 90 or even 100 (in the case of a Hildetorr). And in the Ruins, it's crazy-looking... anything but a Arlan/Merlan/Del-D or a claw has 100 EDK (unless PSOW's data is even more inaccurate than I thought). How in the world are you supposed to instant-kill enemies, even with level 30 Megid?

It's funny, the first time I picked up a Megid disk and tried out the technique, it didn't seem too useful. "Oh well, it'll get more useful when I get better levels..." I told myself... _

Teh EkwEE
04-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Megid lv. 30 has a 98% chance of killing. If you play in Ep.1 you know what your talking about. :@ in Ep.2 however there is a much, much, much, greater chance of killing everything in the entire are with no less than 2 shots; and I should know I have Megid lv. 30

Hrith
04-02-2005, 10:23 PM
That's not it, and it's actually a lot simpler.

Let's say you have Megid Lv 30, Megid Lv 30 has a 100% chance of working... on a monster with 0 EDK.

If the monster has 20 EDK, you Lv 30 Megid has 80% chance of working.
If the monster has 40 EDK, you Lv 30 Megid has 60% chance of working.

Etc.

Easy, huh ?

NetNomad
04-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Right, that's what I was afraid of... I wonder why people like the Megid if it has such low chance of killing. I mean, I could understand fighting enemies with 40-60 EDK, but not 80-100 all the time. Meh... guess it's overrated. :ermm:

whiteninja
04-02-2005, 11:54 PM
do you get the chance of it working by subtracting the enemy's EDK from you megid's chance or by multiplying (100 - enemy's EDK) and your megid's success rate.

level 29 megid has 98% chance, ultimate gees have 55 EDK. so is the chance:
a) (1.00 - 0.55) * 0.98 = 0.441 = 44.1% chance of working or is it
b) 0.98 - 0.55 = 0.43 = 43% chance

i guess it really only matters if your megid is lower than lv 30, but not alot of people find lv 30 megid disks too easily (like NetNomad, me, etc,)

twinkazz
04-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Also i've heard that megid is more succesful against androids, for example an ob lilys megid kills androids more often than usual or a grand sorcerors or anyone. Is this true??

Hrith
05-02-2005, 12:17 AM
do you get the chance of it working by subtracting the enemy's EDK from you megid's chance or by multiplying (100 - enemy's EDK) and your megid's success rate.That's a good question. I honestly don't know but a) is what I think.

I guess it really only matters if your megid is lower than lv 30, but not alot of people find lv 30 megid disks too easily (like NetNomad, me, etc,)You can use /Technique units to boost Megid to 30 without finding the Lv 30 disk.

Also i've heard that megid is more succesful against androids, for example an ob lilys megid kills androids more often than usual or a grand sorcerors or anyone. Is this true??Absolutely not.

Right, that's what I was afraid of... I wonder why people like the Megid if it has such low chance of killing. I mean, I could understand fighting enemies with 40-60 EDK, but not 80-100 all the time. Meh... guess it's overrated. :ermm:About 75% of the monsters in Episode 2 have 65 or below EDK.

whiteninja
07-02-2005, 10:11 PM
About 75% of the monsters in Episode 2 have 65 or below EDK.all the mini-bosses (includes stuff in tower quests) have 100 or higher

Teh EkwEE
07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
I don't believe what I just saw....0.0 Kef.....Kef,he.....HE DOUBLE POSTED!!! Guess this is irrelavent but had to point that out. More out of shock than, trying to humiliate you Kef.:D ;) :cool: :P

Hrith
08-02-2005, 04:28 AM
heh, that's a technical issue, blame Sol or decswxaqz :P or their host :S

Anyway, Minibosses are immune to megid, true, but in tower, you can still pwn recoboxes and Del Lilies for instance

decswxaqz
08-02-2005, 10:41 AM
heh, that's a technical issue, blame Sol or decswxaqz :P or their host :S

Hey =/ it's not our fault you pressed refresh ;)

I think if you found a lvl 30 megid (not using technique slots) it should be pretty much 90% kill rate for everything (decreased online)... It would be so much easier for FOnewearls... they have a hard time enough as it is ^_^v

whiteninja
09-02-2005, 02:52 AM
that would make it too easy. besides, the kill rate for lv 30 megid is 90% for the most part.............. in normal forest.

----add on later----

i was checking PSOW and they said the megid working formula was: % of megid's chance - enemy's EDK.
knowing PSOW that means it's probably: % of megid's chance * (100 - enemy's EDK), :P .

also i saw somewhere that psycho's wand boosts the hard class of techs by 30%, not just the ra-techs. would that include grants and megid?

Fabo Craven
21-02-2005, 04:20 AM
How about we just say that it doesn't work nearly as well as it should

DarkMagician
21-02-2005, 10:17 AM

I shall second this. on Ultimate mode with L30 Megid, it is still tough to kill Delsaber! Last time took me FOUR SHOTS!

Hrith
21-02-2005, 10:54 AM
You obviously have no experience of using this spell.

DarkMagician
21-02-2005, 10:56 AM

Do you, Kefka? I always saw you as the ranger or hunter type. Perhaps I am mistaken?

Hrith
21-02-2005, 02:41 PM
I recently changed my sig, but... I have 3 FOs, Lv 190, 181 and 147.

The highest of the 3 is a FOnewearl, the Megid expert, so yeah, I have a major experience in using Megid http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DARKMATTER
21-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Lvl 30 megid, man my forces cant hit worth crap with that, my main force is 106 with like 1079 MST. though i havent really tried it on any other difficulty except ultimate, as thats bout the best place to get ur chars up leveled fast. and better rares. what level should a FOmar be to use level 30 megid no problem?

NetNomad
21-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Since this has been bumped, I guess I'll ask... for those of you who have FOnewearl experience, what level Megid should I get before actually bothering with it? When I made a FOnewearl last weekend, I had a bunch of disks already saved, including a level 1 Megid. I got to use it as I was playing through Mines, but it doesn't seem to work - which is understandable, level 1 isn't gonna have a great chance at killing. :P This character now has a level 4 Megid, but I haven't actually tried it on anything yet...

Fabo Craven
21-02-2005, 10:13 PM
True i dont have lvl 30 megid yet but i do have lvl 27 and it doesnt work when i need it to most

Hrith
22-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Then learn which monsters have low EDK, Fabro Craven, Megid will almost never work in Episode 1, keep that in mind.

I find Megid incredibly useful in Ep2, except maybe in Tower.

NetNomad, you should not bother until your Megid is Lv 25 or so.

Fabo Craven
23-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Then learn which monsters have low EDK, Fabro Craven, Megid will almost never work in Episode 1, keep that in mind.

I find Megid incredibly useful in Ep2, except maybe in Tower.
thanks i almost always play ep 1 so i havent tried it on ep 2 yet. i will try it soon

Teh EkwEE
24-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Yes Megid in Seaside, against Gees will look like a slaughter house when your done with em':D ;)

icedragon90909
05-04-2005, 09:52 PM
k i have a question about my megid its lvl 4 sad i know but im only lvl 24 force and i do hard mode with her. so whats the % of killing and whats EKD?

whiteninja
05-04-2005, 10:56 PM
This is a list of tech powers. (http://www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld/sections.php?section=Technique&op=viewtopsection)(go to Megid & Grants Class)
This is a bestiary. (http://www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld/sections.php?section=Beastiary&op=viewtopsection) (click on the level you're in, and look at the EDK of the enemies in Normal)

% of Megid's chance - enemies EDK = you're chance of working

Kashima
05-04-2005, 10:58 PM
k i have a question about my megid its lvl 4 sad i know but im only lvl 24 force and i do hard mode with her. so whats the % of killing and whats EKD?

Edk is elemental darkness the higher it is the more resistant you are to megid. For your char this correlates directly to how often megid will kill you when shot by enemies like ob lillies and gran sorcerers. For the enemies this means how often they will withstand or succumb to your own spells

icedragon90909
06-04-2005, 08:35 PM
k thx it helped

D3COYBOY
13-04-2005, 06:11 PM
I recently changed my sig, but... I have 3 FOs, Lv 190, 181 and 147.

The highest of the 3 is a FOnewearl, the Megid expert, so yeah, I have a major experience in using Megid http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

How do you come about making a "megid expert"? I'm assuming this requires curtain equipments. I'm interested in taking advantage of FOnewearl's penetrating Megid and I wanted to capitalize on it.

deathknocks
25-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Megid will almost never work in Episode 1, keep that in mind.

I find Megid incredibly useful in Ep2.

Yes, I tried Megid first in Ep2, and killed 25% of every monster. In Ep1, it's practically 0-1% chance. Keep in mind, this is only Megid lv. 1, considering what a newb I am...

Kaze
26-04-2005, 03:13 AM
I recently found level 26 megid... could that be put to good use in Ep. 2? I could look stuff up in a beastiary, but it's preferable to ask folks who have actually used it or done it.