PDA

View Full Version : Fsod

Vincent Rayne
29-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Can someone please tell me what FSOD means...
so far i've picked up that it makes you lose all your items..?
maybe, i think, perhaps, could be, anyone..?

i've seen it all in hacks and cheats threads so i figured this was the place to put it...

whiteninja
29-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Frozen Screen Of Death. it happens when some hacker screws up an online game. if it happens in the lobby, you lose your money. if it happens in game, you lose your unequipped stuff. if it happens in a save, you lose everything. there are ways to prevent this though. if you put your game in Japanese language setting, you can't be FSOD'd (i think). also if you do get FSOD'd there are a few tricks that can reduce the effects of it.

Anti Hacker
29-01-2005, 11:35 PM
JP mode no longer protects by the way, Just use one mag wep armour etc.

Vincent Rayne
31-01-2005, 04:59 AM
thank you gentlemen...
you've been most helpful...

DarkMagician
31-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Just remember also, Fsod has S.O.D For a reason...

If you didn't get it; The Fsod'rs are sad SODS

seiryu
31-01-2005, 12:17 PM
JP mode no longer protects by the way, Just use one mag wep armour etc.
really? aww, that sucks........oh well, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. ;)

whiteninja
31-01-2005, 02:42 PM
i guess the only way to stop it now is to stay offline.

apocolypse-now
31-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Staying offline means the game gets boring too quickly, with limited quests etc.

Anti Hacker
31-01-2005, 09:37 PM
yeah, i still play online, but i have just come across a bit of a situation... Numusu (i think thats how you spell it) has been FSODing online, but this is odd. Odd because you dont need to have jsut arrived in a lobby or game, and he dosent need to just have entered. He seems to be able to FSOD any individual he wants at any given point in time, usually i dont give these people glory by mentioning them. But i felt this was required.

Scott Bull
11-02-2005, 03:39 AM
I almost feel sorry for these anal rententive retards, they need to get a girlfriend, and get laid, mind you, if they girl had a boyfriend, they'd have the cr*p beaten out of them in 5 seconds, that's how I know these guys are too cowardly to meet me face to face, yeah, I know I said I'd debate with them first, but I'd make the debate short, so I could have fun watching them squeal in excruciating pain, heck, even I've gotta' have some fun.

Anti Hacker
11-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Get the pitch forks, were going hunting

Nano
11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Get the pitch forks, were going hunting
Everybody! Take anything you have! Rifles, chainsaws, axes, handguns, dynamites, explosive sheeps and whatever, 'cause we're going to spill some blood tonight!

At least, we should send pictures of anyone who fsods us. Right? The best would be to cut their heads of, but it's two problems with that:
1. Since they seem to be mind-less, this wouldn't solve the problem, and
2. We wouldn't get to play PSO anymore if we killed them.

Anti Hacker
11-02-2005, 02:19 PM
OK but being serious, I think i got FaNaTiC and another player banned the other day, and all i had to do was send them digital camera MOVIE evidence (the sound an FSOD makes etc.). Come on guys, if you have any form of film taking USB compatible camera or video recorder, send it in! It seems to have worked for me where previously i have been sending simple photos which they would not accept.

Scott Bull
12-02-2005, 10:15 AM
I have my laptop, VHS recorder, Mini-DV player, and web-cam handy, I always do.

Mind you, I guess once they get banned, that prooves my thoery that sales of spray paint will go up, and perhaps we can get a warm BigMac?

Anti Hacker
13-02-2005, 07:24 PM
they usually have multiple serials so they always come back. I just like to annoy them as much as possible.

DarkMagician
13-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Go ANTI! Teach these rash fools a lesson!

Scott Bull
14-02-2005, 01:57 AM
So you mean to say that FSOD'ers are the pain in my left knee, lol.

Even if they have multiple serials, Sega can ban by IP, phone number, and address.

Anti Hacker
14-02-2005, 08:54 AM
But they never do, its always a 24 hour ban. And many of them are on a proxy server to which extent their cheating in online play is out of ST or even segas hands. They shouldnt have allowed proxy server users to play in the first place, and now they have. Well i hope they change their ways for PSU.

Scott Bull
14-02-2005, 09:37 PM
It can be done, no matter if you're on a proxy or not, it requires a different method that's all.

By that theory, I could hack Bill Gates's bank account and not be detected, heh, if only, IF ONLY!

DarkMagician
14-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!

*Pulls off shirt to reveal another one underneath with the caption, "Teenager steals Bill Gate's fortune, then force-feeds it back to him."

Scott Bull
14-02-2005, 09:56 PM
I sold you the t-shirt, I ripped it off Gates's back and garotted him with it, he is leas cheater if you think about it, all the money he has, and he still produces the biggest FSOD ever; "you have performed an illegal operation", woah, I was in hiding for 5 weeks the last time I saw that, lol.

Anti Hacker
15-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Usually i just look at the details, paste my problem into google and search for the answer. Its usually something I HAVE DONE WRONG. Hidng wont solve your problem, heh. :S

Scott Bull
16-02-2005, 12:45 AM
I usually just swear at the computer, force it to crash, then when I get really p*ss*d off at it, just buy a new one.

Anti Hacker
16-02-2005, 03:05 PM
yup, sounds like a plan ;)

Scott Bull
16-02-2005, 03:38 PM
And not all that expensive either, lol.

If I can, I sometimes salvage re-useable parts, and either sell the rest or just bin them.

Anti Hacker
16-02-2005, 07:55 PM
I have come to the conclusion that pre-built computers suck, however, lacking the skill to make my own, im forced to accept them...

Scott Bull
17-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Most pre-built computers are OK, custom's are generally better, but sometimes can go right belly up, and they're not that difficult to make, since 95% of a tower is empty space anyhow, (like an X-Brick, and the people who play them, lol), most of my computers are laptops now, and when they go obsolete or FUBAR, rather than upgrade/repair them, I just buy a new one.

Because most of mine are intended for use with Music, their primary specs are based around what the music programs need to run on.

Anti Hacker
17-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah I need a new graphics card at the very least, my poor old Radeon 9000 is counghing and spluttering away, i think its time for a nice new 9800! Anyway, getting back on topic...

Scott Bull
18-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Whatever, I just buy a new computer, it saves all that bother, lol.

Yay, topic, erm, curse them?

But this can be linked, weakly, Sega need to do some major upgrades and such to make FSOD more difficult for the best part of a month, I think they should take the whole lot down for a short while, (in rotation, of course), and update the servers again, and stick some damn mod's on for smeg's sake.

Anti Hacker
19-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Oh look, the mod got FSODed. And what about that? the culprit has multiple serials/access keys! Well, i guess that wouldnt work, heh.

Scott Bull
20-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Ban by IP, phone number, and address, that's what I do on my forum-board, therefore making it practially impossible to re-enter if I ban someone, (though in 3 years I've only banned 2 people, with the hosts banning 2 or so).

Sega are just lazy.

Anti Hacker
20-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Ban FaNaTiC and Manak, please? Or tell me how to do it, and i swear i will.

DarkMagician
20-02-2005, 03:04 AM
FaNaTiC? I thought you were on about our member, PSO-Fanatic then.

Actually, ban him too. Hahahahahahah!

Scott Bull
20-02-2005, 11:59 AM
I thought Manaknayda' has been banned, I sent Sega complaints about half a dozen times, eventually I managed to find out one of Manak's HL numbers.

As for FaNaTiC, I heard they had their Kumui-chan account banned, guess it just takes repeated complaining to Sega.

DarkMagician
21-02-2005, 10:21 AM
It should take ONLY ONE COMPLAINT!

Anti Hacker
21-02-2005, 06:21 PM
And no theyre not banned in any way shape or form, I saw Kamui online as an Ep3 user. Both are still at large and are FSODing.

Scott Bull
22-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Yup, my theory is that Sega doesn't even exist, and is just ran as a sister company by trained chimps, with fleas, and rabies.

The only people more anally retentive than the people who FSOD and such, are Sega themself.

Deadly Zero
22-02-2005, 02:13 AM
damn theres always a solution to a problem we just got to think harder and strike the FSODer even harder!!
How do they learn to hack the game, why dont we do something about AR like send in complaints and such but the weird thing is AR has the bad reputation but not much about Game sharks have been mentioned though :S
oh well but theres an answer out there some where and once we find it we could stop FSODers for ever then we would be at peace. :)

Scott Bull
22-02-2005, 10:19 AM
They learn how to do it with "noob" devices such as "AR", I know how to do more advanced hacking on the internet itself, but I don't because I know it won't impress anyone, and that it isn't an honourable task, (I learnt it from my former military days, and from school buddies).

These people try to earn respect through fear, intimidation, and extortionism, and honestly think that what people think about you on the internet is worth a sheep's sh*t.

Hacking, like programming is easier than most people think, it isn't just for the spotty teenager sitting along in his room trying to hack the Pentagon anymore, anyone can do it if they have the right stuff, and knowledge, though when these guys use AR they ain't doing the hacking, the AR is, they're not hackers, they're stupid hacker wannabe's.

There is a way to wake Sega up though, I've found confirmed that the Trades Description Act even applies online, as the product we are using requires funding from us, and they're not providing a service as stated by the actions they would take against these individuals, within their own Terms of Service, that's why these people are so much like Sega, and Sega secretly love them, both of them are breaking the TOS, and both of them can't be bothered to work to acheive anything.

Anti Hacker
22-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Also complaining to the makers of AR would do nothing. Even if they stopped selling them, too many are already in circulation. Im afraid the damage is done, all we can do now is protect ourselves. I think the best way to do this is to keep offline, when my current HL expires, i wont purchase another... until, or unless something is done

Scott Bull
22-02-2005, 11:05 PM
See, this is what I'm talking about, nothing will be done because with that attiitude, you're letting them win, bet if they could do it with AR they'd beat you up for your lunch money at school or whatever, lol.

I hope this ain't a trend for you, because you can't run away from all of the boogie men in real life.

Anti Hacker
23-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Well i prefer to think im "letting the baby have its god damn bottle". If the immature sods want it that much, their even more stupid than me! its not great enough to be worth the sacrefice of my time and money, be and adult, move on

Scott Bull
24-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Shouldn't that be battle, lol.

PSO is a mature players game, just ELSPA/PEGI and ESRB didn't put the "no d*cks" symbol on the box, lol.

Anti Hacker
25-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I could have guessed, unlike you guys (well, probably most of you) i have a pretty large offline community. about 10-11 of us all play with multiple TVs, you know the way it s ;) . Im happy playing like that and i wont risk contaminating the others especially as if you seem to suggest in other posts PSO mem card viruses are about. Its not my right as a player. I have to quit for "the greater good" or some such crap i suppose.

Scott Bull
25-02-2005, 06:12 PM
When you quit though you're not helping, that's just it, and we all have friends offline, that's why there's 4 sockets on a console, but it isn't really, truely online when you play with mates, and you don't have the free zoo exhibit we call AR scum.

Anti Hacker
25-02-2005, 11:43 PM
It would be selfish of me to risk others, this i cannot do... i thought you would have undderstood! It isnt my choice and theres nothing i can do

Scott Bull
26-02-2005, 10:57 PM
You could always keep coming back, just to annoy the FSOD'ers, saying it isn't your choice would be like someone stealing your GC, (mind you, mine is insured, so someone wants my GC, take your best shot and be on the meeting end of my kendo sword, lol).

I just like the desparation that FSOD'ers exert when no matter how many times they FSOD me, I just come back grinning, remembering at the simple fact, I'm a lot better than them, that and the fact I'm richer than them, smarter than them, more popular than them, and in essence, they're the stuff I scrape off my tailored roller-blade clamps, as do we all, well all know we are better than them in literally every single way, they have the false sense of superiority, we all have the real thing, lol, laugh with me if you will people.

Anti Hacker
27-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Havent you got better things to do than hanging around in lobbies annoying hackers?

Deadly Zero
27-02-2005, 04:50 PM
i was on google last night and i found a PSO website that told you cheats for PSO and told you how to FSOD someone. can you believe it!! who would make a website to help hackers!!

Scott Bull
27-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Only one, I've found hundreds, and most of the time I've just been looking for PSO mp3's or something.

Deadly Zero
27-02-2005, 08:10 PM
yeah ive found that many also but it was sponsered by sonic team

Scott Bull
27-02-2005, 08:29 PM
I seriously doubt Sonic Team would support FSOD, and even if they did, it's an infringment of their own ToS, (Breach of Contract), and therefore also an infringment of the Trades Description Act, you're getting them 2 for 1.

Also, I doubt it's legit, I could say that my website is sponsored by Squaresoft/SquareEnix, just because I use the name Balamb SeeD Garden.

Anti Hacker
28-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Yes, ST wouldnt waste money sponsoring something jsut to get themselves sued. But part of me hopes it is true just to collect more evidence against them.

DarkMagician
28-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Yes, ST wouldnt waste money sponsoring something jsut to get themselves sued. But part of me hopes it is true just to collect more evidence against them.
Ooh, you little terroist! Trying to blackmail/bring down ST? Naughty, naughty...

Just remember; If they go down, so too does PSO online....I think...

Anti Hacker
28-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Well, of course i dont so much want to take them down as set them back up. They currently do, well, not much but i dont think theyre bad people. they just lack motivation.

Deadly Zero
01-03-2005, 12:22 AM
i know that it sounds crazy and i didint want to beleive it either but on the left if you scroll down it said sponsers and on the list was ST. but they couldve gotten sponsered by ST then added the codes without ST knowing about it

Scott Bull
01-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Don't be stupid, Sega doesn't have any money, lol.

Deadly Zero
01-03-2005, 02:19 AM
ROFLAMO!! they arent poor or aare they

Anti Hacker
01-03-2005, 12:35 PM
It wont be a legit sponsorship, i expect theyre just making a point that if they can get away with false sponsorship they can get away with most anything.

Deadly Zero
01-03-2005, 10:01 PM
yeah your proably right

Scott Bull
02-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Poor, why do you think they stopped making hardware, lol.

Anti Hacker
02-03-2005, 05:05 PM
well, they are poor. But remember, ST didnt make hardware did they? it was SEGA. The DC was a pretty good console, under rated in my opinion.

Deadly Zero
02-03-2005, 09:57 PM
yeah i agree with anti hacker. hes right on this one

Anti Hacker
02-03-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah go me, see? un-deniable proof i should get to be a mod *winks*. well anyway, is this drifting a bit off topic? from FSOD to the dreamcast? Scott, stop slagging of ST its distracting us all, lol

Deadly Zero
02-03-2005, 10:12 PM
and again im with anti hacker on this cuz hes right again lol

Anti Hacker
02-03-2005, 10:20 PM
I believe this thread has ended its usefulness, i think we revealed the cause and effect of FSOD long ago in this post.

Deadly Zero
02-03-2005, 10:27 PM
and agian for the third time i agree with anti hacker cuz hes right again.
*Waves for a mod to close this thread*

Scott Bull
02-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Sonic Team is a branch of Sega, without Sega, Sonic Team wouldn't exist.

Sonic Team is given a budget like every other department, and usually they spend it on a BigMac meal, (if they do well, they can go large, lol).

So sorry, I'm still right on this.

It's like saying Panasonic and Technics are 2 different companies, (and as a former Technics/Panasonic rep, I know this is not the case, and also Panasonic is now supervising the Technics name).

Anti Hacker
02-03-2005, 10:57 PM
didnt say they were different, although theyre a faction theyre not the faction or in any way a part of hardware manufacturing, sorry to bust youre bubble again! ;)

Deadly Zero
02-03-2005, 11:02 PM
*DZ starts cheering for anti hacker*
Anti hacker is right again. four times in a row :O

Anti Hacker
02-03-2005, 11:04 PM
No one likes a fanboy Zero! lol ;)

DarkMagician
02-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Worrying...a fanboy...

How many times will he say that you are right, anti?

I bet a fiver he exceeds eight times.

whiteninja
02-03-2005, 11:23 PM
right DM!!! that's so true!!! :P

sorry for the spam, but i couldn't help it.

Scott Bull
03-03-2005, 01:26 AM
I'll say it so it's plain as day; If Sega goes down, Sonic Team goes down, Sega funds Sonic Team, now all that's left for me to do is explain it to you again another 20 times, and award myself the medal for being so right.

Lemme' guess, next you will tell me that if Sony went, the PS7 would still be made, lol.

DarkMagician
03-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Do not speak of the Gaystation here. It has naught to do with PSO.

Anti Hacker
03-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I didnt say that SEGA and ST are not both poor, and i agree, if SEGA goes down (which it probably will) so does ST, i jsut said that SEGA made the hardware, not ST... which is technically correct.

decswxaqz
03-03-2005, 10:32 AM
I believe this thread has ended its usefulness, i think we revealed the cause and effect of FSOD long ago in this post.
Indeed. Topic been answered.

*Locked*