PDA

View Full Version : i need help

Phantom_RAcast
07-09-2003, 08:43 PM
i whant to know what can happen to my character online beacause of codes and gamecube only.

decswxaqz
07-09-2003, 09:31 PM
They currently can't do anything to your char, and I don't think they can.

All the stuff online, only affects that char. Duping, multi-equip, and max stats only affects one char if you are careful. They are currently no harmful codes. If you trade carefully or don't trade at all, you won't get any dupes.

FSOD is the games fault and not any one elses. Again, if you are careful, FSOD is nothing at all. Just deposit your valuable items before you leave to go to the lobby and you are fine.

Phantom_RAcast
08-09-2003, 08:03 PM
thats good to now and sorry it took so long to reply.

Thesord
06-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Sry to bring this topic up,but if I get FSOD,(I presume the screen freezes)what to I have to do to go to the mem card screen when it stops(FSODs)?
I heard if I turn off,my chars would be corrupt.

GOLDIE
07-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Thesord
Sry to bring this topic up,but if I get FSOD,(I presume the screen freezes)what to I have to do to go to the mem card screen when it stops(FSODs)?
I heard if I turn off,my chars would be corrupt.
Only the char that u FSOD'd with would be corrupt and if your lucky when u look at your item pack when you log back in they all will be there...Unfortunately this happenend and i lost my parsitan on lightning that was grinded to the max. Any way I shold have of known that that parasite armor was duped lol. Well lets just say that my pal that gave me it is VERY sorry lol.

Thesord
07-10-2003, 08:48 PM
lol.
But when I said corruption,I was talking of real corruption,like NOL or something worst.
So if I turn off,I can lose my items(unequiped out of bank) or get corrupted.But I can try deleting the guild cards to try to save the characters.

GOLDIE
25-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Yeah that works sometimes.You can become corrupt when you FSOD on a save screen with the green memory card flashing.

Issac
31-10-2003, 06:01 AM
Wait, so lemme get this straight. I've had one character corrupted 'caus of just turning off at the wrong time. So when you get FSODed the screen freezes, doesn't wear off, and you lose all unequiped weapons/armor/mags/acsessories?

BUT if you turn the GCN off it will corrupt your character?:confused:

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Zer0
31-10-2003, 06:15 AM
ISSAC you say that 2 many times!

And i would hate to get FSOD'd thats one rick of online

decswxaqz
31-10-2003, 10:24 AM
You corrupt when you turn it off when the memory card icon is flashing. Usually, during FSOD you have either gone past the saving stage or just before it. You usually FSOD during the transfer between game and lobby or lobby to lobby. It happens at the little glmipse of the lobby you get before you appear there... that's where it's always happened to me anyway.

Orphen
09-11-2003, 04:40 AM
Hm. It seems you have some comfused Ideas about Fsod, I will help. :D I would know, having corrupted over 5 times.

Anyway, FSOD is harmless if you put your items in the bank at the end of every game you join, if you do not, you lose all items and money on you that you dont have equipped. sadly, FSOD doesnt let you quick reset, you are forced ot turn off the gamecube, which is why you lose your items. However, there are extremely rare times that you can FSOD during a temepipe travel, which makes you lose all of the items you took out of the bank from the beginning, but like I said, they are really rare, so you shouldnt worry too much about them, they havent happened to me more than twice in the long time I have been playing.

Now, there is something called Fsod-X. This is the most terrible of it all, and there is no way to really negate its effects. It happens when you FSOD during the double save at the beginning of the game, you will know when you FSOD x, because the buzzing is a little more high pitched than your average FSOD, on top of that, the little saving icon is still in the corner when it freezes. Sadly, once you restart your gamecube, your data is completely corrupted, and you have to start all your characters at lvl 1 , and no weapons..this s rather rare as well, but with my luck, it has hapened to me many times. like around 5. x_X; Thats just me, though, FSODx is somewhat rare.

Hope this rather long post helped you all! see you :D

~Sorcerous Stabber Orphen

Phantom_RAcast
09-11-2003, 05:25 AM
I thought you only got Fsod-x on Dreamcast

euphoria2097
16-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Well i've fsod a few times and i lost my lv 119 to my 2nd day online. but since then i've found that if you turn your cube off as soon as you hear the buzz it dosent do bugger all to your save. i've used this method 7 times now ind im jus fine.:D

TekoWindstar
16-12-2003, 02:58 AM
its not that bad if ya having a trusing internet and **** and maybe a battery pack so that if the power goes off you can turn the game off in like 10 minutes or so. They are pretty nice... and the more times you corrupt means how terrible you treat your game. if ya do weird stuff and play with your memory card or other things it will do that.... The point is in pso its an ongoing stream of data and if ya fsod or turn it off the current data will be lost along of all versions of it if being tempered will be lost so not turning the game off would be advised. If it does freeze its ok cause the only reason why it would corrupt is if ya remove the memory card when it freezes and forget to pull the internet off so that it can't process the fact that your data is lost online so your safe offline. believe me i am a programmer

Thesord
18-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Yes,pull off the cable and open the CD lid,but don't turn it off.

Ton
20-12-2003, 08:30 AM
Is it worth the risk?

Phantom_RAcast
20-12-2003, 11:26 PM
I think it is other whys I wouldn't be getting online. I think its worth it because I'm starting to get bored of single player. If you weren't asking if its worth the risk to get online then ignore this post.

ells
28-02-2004, 10:51 PM
so are you all saying that if you FSOD(I do not know what that stands for)and you go online and your screen freezes does that mean you lose all your un-equipped items and turning it off loses your charectar,then why don't you make another file??????

Ivan
28-02-2004, 11:01 PM
I thought you only got Fsod-x on Dreamcast

You must be thinking about Character killing, or CK

To ells: FSOD means frozen screen of death. Its when the server overloads thanks to cheating, and sometimes you lose all your enequiped items. You don't lose your character, losing your characters is called corruption.

ells
28-02-2004, 11:06 PM
forze screen of death....ooooo scawy :p well then thats the payment for cheating

zigz
02-03-2004, 05:44 PM
payment?
no, the other people cheating is what he meant.

i dont, but ive still got buzzing fsods.
alot of those were because of fsodders.