PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a second FO...

NetNomad
21-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Okay... I already have seven characters, and so I'm not going to create this one right now, but I've been thinking about what I should create next. I only have one Force so far, and so I figure my next character should be a Force as well. Originally, I'd figured I'd go with a FOmar, but lately I've been wondering if I should go with that or a FOnewearl. Of course, I realize that there are some big differences between the two; I know someone with a level 107 FOnewearl, and that character's ATP is only about 300 (so, the FOnewearl would present a pretty big learning curve... :P ). Whereas the FOmar is pretty much the definition of "melee force," correct?

My main question is this: assuming you give a FOnewearl plenty of mind mats/mag level-ups, how easy would it be to take out enemies (in all stages of the game... i.e. would I have to wait several levels more to do any given boss than I would with my other characters)? Which one would I have an easier time with (assuming I can figure out how to play the FOnewearl decently)?

I was messing around with the character creation earlier... and these are what I came up with:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/clanorb2003/nomad/fonewrl.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/clanorb2003/nomad/fomar.jpg
Haven't figured out the name yet... but I want it to be Pinkal. I may just go with the one I can make a better name for (naming things has never been my strong point... :P ).

flickynick
21-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Whichever character you choose get a whittil, not pinkal

good luck with choosing

And the FOnewearl out of those two looks the best

Kisanzi
21-01-2005, 08:17 PM
I think the FOmar looks way better. :P

I would go with the FOmar to make the game more challenging and to give yourself the option of switching up the gameplay at higher levels so you don't get bored with repetative casting. Don't get me wrong though, FOnewerls are great and powerfull forces but unfortunately they are pretty much only forces. So if you want a better force then I'd go with them. But if you want a character with more variety on how you can fight then I'd take the FOmar.

NetNomad
21-01-2005, 08:38 PM
That's the thing, see. I've been using my FOnewm as sort of a cross between the two... a melee-and-tech Force. Except, I've been doing all-techs recently because he can't hit to save his life in Ultimate (which means I gotta use tons of fluids, whereas I used to be able to just steal all my TP back with the double saber). So I dunno. My other six characters can melee, either decently or very well... so the FOnewearl would be a change of pace...

whiteninja
21-01-2005, 08:46 PM
the fomar you made looks better, but the fonewearl is a better force. mine has about 1450 mst at level 112 (after 150 mind mag and 125 mind materials, no slot items). supposedly, the fomar has the highest attack power with lv 30 shifta, but i'd still go with a fonewearl (of course that's a biased suggestion, because i got one and she's my favorite character).

Teh EkwEE
21-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Stats and all FOmarls are much better. If you need proof you can go to the max stats character guides.....or look in the "Best battle FO" thread right below this one.FOnewearls make great casters and are a FOrce (sorry for the pun) to be reckoned with in melee (all the way up to V-hard ;) damage. they are good and I have one at 126. I played SoTH and Barba Ray and Gol Dragon are nothing......great characters

Hrith
21-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Your FOmar looks incredibly unoriginal, like 99% FOmars.

My input:
FOnewearl rocks, FOmar sucks, choice made.

NetNomad
22-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Well, you know, it's hard given the choices to make an original FOmar. Unless I was to make him insanely fat or something. :P

I need to play more with my RAcast before making this character, anyway. Gives me time to think about the name, at least. :ermm:

Phantom_RAcast
24-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Make the FOnewearl, she looks better plus she gets alot more mst

Hrith
25-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Well, you know, it's hard given the choices to make an original FOmar. Unless I was to make him insanely fat or something. :P
My FOmar:
http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/pso/alkhempaku.png

A.S.
30-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Whitills are good for Hunewearls (considering the good ultimate rares and mind mats), but not got magicians of any kind. That looks like thew wierdest FO ever^.

Lance813
31-01-2005, 02:38 AM
wat costume is that for the fomar it looks awesome :P

Fabo Craven
24-02-2005, 12:46 AM
try the FOnewearl out, if the rest of you chars can melee then go for a change of pace and try out what true spellcasting is. really she is THE best force and easily my favorite char

NetNomad
24-02-2005, 02:00 AM
Wow, you do have a habit of posting on really old topics, don't you? I made the FOnewearl almost two weeks ago. :P

A.S.
24-02-2005, 02:25 AM
My FOnewearl is a Yellowboze and it is amazing for a level 17, 908 MST on the bar with three GodMinds. Also with thanks to the 10/10/40/140 Savitri. I am so impressed, I wish I started a FOnewearl back in the DC days, but they are great secondary characters because alone you have to find everything alone and they are hard to raise without proper treatment of units, Mags, and spells. As well as avoiding Power items, 1 ATP per level doesn't bother me.

whiteninja
24-02-2005, 04:29 AM
a few times near lv 100 you gain 5 atp and only 4 mst!!!! when i saw that the first time i was like :O !

A.S.
24-02-2005, 07:13 AM
In terms of looks it goes FOmar>FOmarl>FOnewearl>FOnewn
In terms of usefulness it goes FOnewearl>FOnewmn>FOmar>FOmarl

Infinite8
08-03-2005, 01:07 AM
FOnewms all the way, they're awesome at magic and melee attacks!

Fabo Craven
08-03-2005, 11:03 PM
so thats why your mag revives you so much Infinate8 your force cant melee too save his life*literaly*