PDA

View Full Version : question about fomarls

whiteninja
14-01-2005, 04:19 AM
sometimes, when i do a quest with a fomarl teammate (ex: "forest of sorrow") i see the fomarl swing her scepter type weapon and hit the enemies from a range. i have tried this with my fonewearl and the same weapons but i don't get a ranged attack. do the fomarl's have some sort of range on the physical attacks, or am i just seeing things?

i would try this out on my own but my files are all full (i have a 4th character that i don't list here, but he's only for the item storage space).

Kisanzi
14-01-2005, 08:53 PM
No you're not seeing things, it happens on everyone's game. I belive that CPU characters can do this as a handicap for being useful. A good example of this is in the quest "From the Depths" with the crazy force, she doesn't physically have to hit you to make you guard or do damage, she just has to swing. If it's not because of CPU handicap then it's just a glitch. But either way, it doesn't really make a difference seeing that CPU characters never do much melee damage to you or enemies.

Teh EkwEE
14-01-2005, 11:00 PM
All wepons and techs do this to some extent. Some small, some noticeable as with a scepter. I can see this done when my FOmarl uses her double saber. I can notice this alot with my Lv. 30 Rabarta on my FOney. The damage goes outside the animation.;)

whiteninja
15-01-2005, 06:38 AM
i'm talking about the attack going waaaaaay outside the animation. they swing the scepter and hit an enemy about 15 steps away, watch carefully next time there's a fomarl npc and you'll see it.

i guess the npc's do need some sort of advantage; especially the fomarls becuase they do only 10 damage with their attack, and all they cast is barta.

kfitz
15-01-2005, 04:10 PM
I've always wondered this. I notice it from time to time when I do the certain quests. Well, like the other people have previously stated in this thread, I will have to agree with them. They have it for a handicap so they don't have to get close to the enemy to attack them, because if the CPU got close enough it would probably die. That's my own opinion though. There are probably lots of reasons why they do it, but I think the one I just stated is probably the most logical.

ShadowNinja X7
21-03-2005, 06:23 PM
To bad you can't do it though, it would help a lot when useing FOrces.

Fabo Craven
21-03-2005, 06:26 PM
attacking from a range wouldnt help most forces, they would still miss the enemy.

whiteninja
22-03-2005, 02:38 AM
but it'd be cool..... :cool:

Fabo Craven
23-03-2005, 04:51 AM
i do agree that it would be cool,but its not happening, ever.

A.S.
24-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Doesn't the Windmill have short range, like a Handgun but very short. Because I can destry boxes from a distance, then again those are bozes, I'll test it out on an enemy though.

DarkMagician
27-03-2005, 12:53 PM
attacking from a range wouldnt help most forces, they would still miss the enemy.

Duh, use Elf arms then. Baka.

Fabo Craven
29-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Duh, use Elf arms then. Baka.
even better, use God/arms.

Vincent Rayne
29-03-2005, 04:21 AM
this is kind of beside the point...
but one day i noticed that my yasminkov didnt fit into my ramar's hands...

it was actually floating above them...
how about that...
stupid programming loopholes and glitches...