PDA

View Full Version : Legends of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure

UK Jester
09-01-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm so glad I have but one battle left on the Ragol.co.uk Episode 3 League - and my opponent has vanished.

I have had the pleasure of playing Legends of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure fore a large chunk of today, with my girlfriend and our daughter.

This game rules for multi-player fun - and it has lots of nifty mini-puzzles to solve. Definately worth the price tag.

Regards

UK Jester

Kisanzi
09-01-2005, 08:15 PM
I do agree with you that four swords is seriously fun with more people. But the only bad thing is that you all have to use GBA's. Not to say this is a bad idea since by using the GBA as a controller you can go anywhere without messing someone else up, but it is rather costly if you don't already have the GBA's. But same as FF:Crystal Chronicles, if you can get four people organized with four GBA's then this game is an extremely fun play. Highly recommended.

Mirinee
09-01-2005, 08:34 PM
I've only ever played it 2-player, which couldn't have been as fun as 3 or 4-player in this either-co-operate-or-both-get-nowhere game, but I still loved it! Was funny when I discovered I could throw a pot on my friend's head and blind him! There's only one thing, though. Even though the levels are random, I found it a bit short.

Do you tend to get in each other's way a lot with 4 players? :D. I've got to try it out one day if I ever find 3 others.

Kisanzi
09-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Having four people makes killing enemies and boss fights alot easier, but coordinating who has what items and being in the right places gets a little troublesome. Mostly its because that no one ever cooperates for very long. :P

UK Jester
10-01-2005, 08:42 AM
As with all multiplayers - you get to a point were everyone is telling everyone else what to do and nobody is co-operating! You should have seen my family playing Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (criminally underrated by the gaming press). In any multiplayer if you can have one person as a leader and 3 people who are willing to converse with the leader and not squabble over everything then you are going to have a better game - and Hell will freeze over, the Conservatives will win a landslide election in 2005 and George Bush will announce that he is best friends with Osama Bin Ladin and Saddam Hussain.

As far as 4 Swords as a single player - I'll get back to you about that, I've only played multi-player so far. I know that for single player you don't need a GBA although the option is available. Most of the gaming press seems to think that 4 Swords works fine as a single player, unlike Crystal Chronicles - but I will report back anyway.

Regards

UK Jester

Grave_Guardian
10-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Isn't the single player in 4 Swords the Legen of Zelda a Link to the Past game from the SNES? The grafics look the same so I am asuming that it is the same. If not what are the changes to it from the original one?

Mirinee
10-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Sorry, I just had a feeling that UK Jester and Kisanzi might've been talking about a different game from me. I've played the GBA version, not the GC version.

Yes, single player on the GBA version is just A Link to the Past.

Lee-yoshi
20-01-2005, 10:49 PM
I bought Four Swords today, and although ive only played it on my own so far, its a hella great game, and shows you what you can do with a little bit of imagination!

GC-GBA connectivity, i never doubted it for a minute. Crappy graphics, but as always, its gameplay which prevails. Everyone should buy!

Sheik
30-01-2005, 04:48 AM
I've already freed 3 maidens in single player.

flickynick
08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
This game is the game to end all multiplyer games

Its amazing, me and my friends play it and its great, we have so much fun, and its even more great when your friend anoys you so you pick them up and throw them in a hole. Its visualy great aswell, with lots of colour.

I have never seen so much rivalry in a game where team-work is essential

I give this game 10/10 especially in multiplayer :D

mr_shoe_uk
19-02-2005, 04:12 PM
It's a great game. I like this and Crystal Chronicles a lot, probably this a little more.

Personally, I think the graphics are great too! Some of the effects are extremely good, and the general Snes style may not exactly be cutting-edge, but is all very nice-looking.

UK Jester
19-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Personally, I think the graphics are great too! Some of the effects are extremely good, and the general Snes style may not exactly be cutting-edge, but is all very nice-looking.

I feel that an important fact about the graphics is that they genuinely suit the game - and that is always important, that a game looks right.

Regards

UK Jester

Lee-yoshi
19-02-2005, 09:23 PM
I didnt realise so many people had it? How far has everyone got? Completed it? 0_o

flickynick
19-02-2005, 09:53 PM
I didnt realise so many people had it? How far has everyone got? Completed it? 0_o
Just seen that green warrior thingy ma bob,4 maidens in total

I only play it in multiplayer :D