PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI

Kisanzi
27-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Well, this is my fallback game for when I have played too much PSO(usually that takes about three months of playing) and I was starting to take an interest in this game again. So I re-registered it and I'm starting over on a new server where some of my co-workers play.(giving up 300 hrs. of gameplay on another FFXI char.) Why you ask, because everyone I knew on my server stopped playing after summer, and in case you haven't played FFXI, it gets pretty lonely wandering that huge world alone.

But getting past the rambling, I was just curious if anyone here actually plays this game? And if so, what server, character class, race, etc. I guess I just want to hear about other peoples thoughts on the game from forums that I like the community on. Unlike most FFXI forums I've been to where no one talks on a friendly basis EVER!

C.O
27-12-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I have the game. But, when I installed and was going to update, I got this bad message: "Version update communication error. ERROR CODE: POL-1153. Problems with the HDD data were detected. Version update failed."
So, I've tried everything to make it work, but it still won't update.
I played at my friends house for some time, so this is what I was:
Quarion
hume male
lvl 18 white mage/9 black mage
Pandemonium
Windhurst

I was going to be a Dragoon, they look so cool :P

But my character is deleted now.

Schoichet
27-12-2004, 11:43 PM
i used to play, a bst/brd no clue if hes still there

Archer
28-12-2004, 12:47 PM
hey, do you guys think FFXI is better than World of Warcraft? I'm looking for an MMO to play, I won't be getting it till the summer or something so i have time to wait for something newer). By better, I mean player base wise. The player base means as much to me as the game play itself, its not really an MMO with no players now is it? :P

Schoichet
28-12-2004, 06:32 PM
i never played warcraft. FFXI was slow at first, after you get a few levels and start teaming its great but after a while it gets repetitive and it takes like a weak ok killing the exact same thing over and over to lvl and if you want the 'accseptable' gears for your class you need to camp monsters with ~20 other people kiling it first *sigh*

Kisanzi
29-12-2004, 02:50 AM
I'd easily have to say FFXI is better than WoW. I've been playing FFXI off and on since it came out and I've never been disaapointed with it. Sure it does get repetative later on, but as do all MMORPG's. The reason that this is my fallback game from PSO is because both are games that I always enjoy playing, and even though I might get tired of one after a few months, by switching to the other I always maintain an interest.

I don't like WoW because my friend and I were on the beta and all it turned out to be was an almost everquest knockoff. And personally speaking FFXI has a much better interface and community than EQ or WoW. Not to say that WoW is bad, it's just a lot harder to maintain interest to play it since the style of the gameplay is so dull.