PDA

View Full Version : XMAS Store Update Question

Kisanzi
14-12-2004, 11:21 PM
I read on the update by Lee that you could trade in unwanted items and presents in the gallons shop quest. While it is true that there is a man who is now there saying he'll take presents, he wont accept any that I give him. Here's the exact lines he says...

"What should I do? I've been asked to do a strange thing.
... ... ...
Oh? Hey you're a Hunter right? Could you lend me a helping hand?
(select yes)
To tell the truth, I've got ideas about dealing with wrapped presents.
It's not like Gallon provides many options for this, you know?
So, I'm thinking about presents with more originality.
You, a Hunters, must have some idea, right?
If you have a present can you show it to me?"

The problem is whether I give him an item I wrapped by means of the Xmas quest or gallons shop, he refuses to take it saying that the present is exactly what gallon does and he wants something different. I can't figure out what he wants! Can someone please provide some assistance???

Razorwood
15-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Maybe you have to give him a present you get from the Rappy xmas quest.

Lee-yoshi
15-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Interesting... i think i will go online tonight because i havent been online since the update. If i found out what they're upto, ill let you know!

Strange how they're not accepting just anything...

Phantom_RAcast
15-12-2004, 06:37 PM
a friend and me tryed to use a present from the xmas quest, and he didnt accept his but he did let you in gallons shop wrap it that color, but oddly enough mine got changed from blue to pink/white.....

Lee-yoshi
15-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Has anyone here tried trading an actual Christmas Present yet?

Or just items they've wrapped themselves?

Phantom_RAcast
15-12-2004, 07:07 PM
I havent, I think this just unlocks diffrent wrapping options instead of just white and pink

Schoichet
16-12-2004, 12:25 AM
have you tryed doing rares?

i wraped am power matt with the xmas quest becouse it was the onlything lose on me at the time, ill see if that works in a bit

Razorwood
16-12-2004, 09:55 AM
There is a glitch in the GC version that makes the presents change colour.

Basically that guy in Gallons shop doesn't take any present, but once you've shown him a certain colour wrapping paper. That style becomes avaiable in Gallons shop it's self.

Once you have presents that are wrapped in all 9 colours (they can be any wrappable item) Load up the Xmas quest and give them to the school teacher and she will give you an xmas present.

masterofchaos
16-12-2004, 05:39 PM
i read that someone on this forum gave them a red partizen and he excepted it but it didnt say what happened