PDA

View Full Version : Alright, a few general questions for a guy who has no clue..

Vek
08-12-2004, 05:35 PM
I have no clue what any of the online lingo is, so I'm curious.

What is stacking/Action Replay/Duping?

And why do people talk about hacking the GC version? Because they don't have a gameshark for it, and there isn't a way to open a source or anything (Like in some PC games where you press ~ to open up the source and type in codes). So is it just a glorified version of cheating? :/

I'll probably be posting all my cheating-related questions here, so check back for me =P

Faulkie
08-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Stacking is where you hack in to get 99 of an item insted of the regular maximum of 10, action replay is a cheating thing, like gameshark, and duping is duplicating an item. I think you can get into the servers with special programs but I'm not sure.

Phantom_RAcast
08-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Stacking is where you hack in to get 99 of an item insted of the regular maximum of 10, action replay is a cheating thing, like gameshark, and duping is duplicating an item. I think you can get into the servers with special programs but I'm not sure.
stacking isnt a hack just a glitch

TeChIkA
08-12-2004, 08:17 PM
And why do people talk about hacking the GC version? Because they don't have a gameshark for it, and there isn't a way to open a source or anything (Like in some PC games where you press ~ to open up the source and type in codes). So is it just a glorified version of cheating? :/

You can access the sorce code of Action Replay by doing certain things. But obviously I can't tell you how here.

misterbud
10-12-2004, 03:13 AM
Stacking is an illigit way of getting more than the usual ammount of mates/fluids in your inventory.

Action replay is a gameshark like device, don't use it. Period. It just makes you look like a person who can't be arsed to play the game right.

Duping is a glitch used to copy an item.

Anti Hacker
10-12-2004, 11:14 PM
You may also here of "Multi Equipping" which is sometimes incorrectly referred to as "Stacking weapons". This is where you can equip more than one weapon and get insane atp/other stats. The last item equipped will be the one which does the attack animation. Many people use J-swords mixed with some kind of gun, usually heaven punisher. :)

cOoLdUdE
10-12-2004, 11:18 PM
I have no clue what any of the online lingo is, so I'm curious.

What is stacking/Action Replay/Duping?

I'll probably be posting all my cheating-related questions here, so check back for me =P

All of those cheats/glitches can be done offline too

Anti Hacker
10-12-2004, 11:20 PM
I know they can all be done offline, but is it made easier online? I'm a bit confused because of all the speculation around this subject

cOoLdUdE
10-12-2004, 11:21 PM
no both are easy

Anti Hacker
11-12-2004, 04:13 PM
So does anyone know if you can hack disks over the usual level? I hope its not possible, no need for even more unbalanced play in the game, lol

TeChIkA
11-12-2004, 05:30 PM
It's fairly easy to make your own codes for PSO, as long as you have the RAM addresses and such. Things like file swaps are easy to make. But things like the Fsod(on others) are harder. Luckily enough not many people can be arsed to learn how to hack, so very few make harmful codes for PSO.

Anti Hacker
14-12-2004, 09:57 AM
True, but many use the codes others have already created!

cOoLdUdE
14-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Yes, but why not use the codes if there right infront of u?

decswxaqz
14-12-2004, 01:55 PM
A) You have to find the codes.
B) Why not shoot/stab someone if there is a gun/knife in front of you? (Same logic)

Anti Hacker
14-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Finding the codes is easy, and i wouldnt put FSODing someone on the same scale as murder... lol sort out your priorities! :D

Walking Dead
15-12-2004, 04:09 AM
Action reply or AR is used to duplicate....
Duplicate is to dupe your item and you will have more than one of what u got...

stacking is make more than one of your items( you can only do it with like trimates and star atimisers and stuff that has x1-x99)

Anti Hacker
15-12-2004, 10:41 AM
I know what stacking is, the AR can be used for many other things besides stacking and duping. And trimates stack anyway (just up to 10). Non legit stacking is when you stack more than the maximum amount of an item, the maximum stack even with cheating is 254 (i think...).