PDA

View Full Version : can you play saturn games on dreamcast?

redriaboy
03-12-2004, 03:46 PM
can you play saturn games on the dreamcast? :cool:

EDIT: surely someone must know?

(Try to give it at least a day before you bump a topic - Sol)

Sol
03-12-2004, 10:26 PM
nope you cant. you can play playstation games though if you have bleemcast.

Unless an emulator has been released that i havent heard about, i think the only way to play staurn games is on a saturn. Pity because it had some really really great games.

cOoLdUdE
03-12-2004, 10:27 PM
nope you cant. you can play playstation games though if you have bleemcast.

Unless an emulator has been released that i havent heard about, i think the only way to play staurn games is on a saturn. Pity because it had some really really great games.

Bleemcast?, never heard of it is it a UK only system?

Sol
03-12-2004, 10:40 PM
It was an emulator that let you play playstation games on your dreamcast, it was pretty good too.

mr_shoe_uk
06-12-2004, 06:02 PM
It wasn't for any playstation games though. There were only bleemcast disks for Final Fantasy XI, Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo 2 (possibly more I left out).

The bleemcast for pc worked as an emulator for all games.

Kisanzi
06-12-2004, 08:13 PM
If you find the right website you can download and burn emulator discs for your dreamcast but I'm not sure if they have saturn emulators for it. Oh and about Bleem, they never made a final fantasy ix port, only metal gear, gran turismo 2 and tekken 3.

mr_shoe_uk
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Ah ok, I suppose the Dreamcast went under before they got round to producing it, I definitely recall hearing of it a while ago.

catmince
04-01-2005, 05:20 AM
Isn't there a Saturn Emu that only plays Demos fro Dreamcast?

Deadly Zero
04-01-2005, 06:54 AM
i always go to this website to download emulators and games for the them
coolrom.com to dowload the emulator click on emulators on the lefthand side of the screen and for roms for the emulators you click on rom files.
hope this helps some one

Ramsey
14-01-2005, 12:59 AM
there is a saturn emu for GC:
http://projects.sappharad.com/gcn/genplus/
http://gcdev.com

THPS3 for PS worked almost perfectly on the DC using bleemcast. But the menu music was kinda messed up and you couldnt save. But the stages and everything loaded perfectly.

Chain
09-02-2005, 05:00 PM
holy crap. this is the only thread in the dreamcast forum.

decswxaqz
10-02-2005, 11:56 AM
holy crap. this is the only thread in the dreamcast forum.

Try going to the bottom of the page and changing the Display Options section. Change "From the" to "Beginning" and click "Show Threads".