PDA

View Full Version : spell casting weapons

whiteninja
29-11-2004, 02:30 AM
i have several of the spell casting weapons but i'm not sure what decides what level the attacks are. does it depend on your level, mst, or the level of the actual tech? :S

i know that they gain attack power from the merge type barriers and from being a certain character but i don't know what level the moves are and they certainly aren't as strong as my actual tech's

not all of the things have the same strength either- the hildbear's cane does varying damge with foie that's usually higher than the elysion which is higher than the caduceus

if anyone knows please tell me.

also i've been trying to get a sigh of a god (gizonde casting) from a merikle, but i can't find a merikle. i've searched all of that island level over and over

DarkMagician
29-11-2004, 10:00 AM
i have several of the spell casting weapons but i'm not sure what decides what level the attacks are. does it depend on your level, mst, or the level of the actual tech? :S

i know that they gain attack power from the merge type barriers and from being a certain character but i don't know what level the moves are and they certainly aren't as strong as my actual tech's

not all of the things have the same strength either- the hildbear's cane does varying damge with foie that's usually higher than the elysion which is higher than the caduceus

if anyone knows please tell me.

also i've been trying to get a sigh of a god (gizonde casting) from a merikle, but i can't find a merikle. i've searched all of that island level over and over

Merikle? Isn't that online only?

As for techs, technical Crozier does about the same damage with it's Barta special. You get it by completing Soul of a Blacksmith on ultimate and getting the Final mineral.

Hildebear can is probably better out those three...But I prefer Elysion myself...

whiteninja
29-11-2004, 04:25 PM
merikle is only online? that explains why i still haven't seen one and never will (unless i decide to go online)

the technical crozier is definitely not as strong as my actual barta though, because my barta in level 29 and does two or three times more than the croizer.

you can even look at the graphics they do because level 16 or higher barta has little spikey ice things in the fog where lower than 16 is only a blue fog. the croizer only does the fog.

NetNomad
29-11-2004, 06:46 PM
If you're using PSO+, you can do the control tower quests and see Merikles offline. But there aren't many of them... :ermm: isn't it possible to get Sigh of a God somewhere else? I thought I remembered seeing another option in the drop charts... hmm.

I got a Hildebear's Cane yesterday. Regardless of the level, free Foie = good. Although I dunno about the "monkey sounds," though. :P

whiteninja
29-11-2004, 06:59 PM
the hildebear's cane sound effects are funny. i really like the way on that where if you stand still and look at the mouth it opens and closes. same with the hildeblue but the horns face the opposite direction and well... its blue.

yellowboze and oran get the sigh of a god from love rappies (ultimate) 1/2 chance. blueful and purplenum can also get it from other enemies. i'm not going to raise a file to level 80 just to get a weapon though. guess i'll just have to wait until i buy the online stuff...

DarkMagician
30-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Awwooouuuuoooo!

NetNomad
30-11-2004, 06:20 PM
I'd just like to add that the Hildebear's Cane is a great weapon against Dark Falz's final form. It saved my butt a couple of times in the last battle (the sword swipe would've killed me had it not been for the cane's DFP increase, and the Dragon/HP I'd brought), when I took him on in VHard at level 63. Of course the free Foie wasn't that powerful on him so I just kept using regular Foie for most of the damage. But with the Foie boost, and the MST increase it gives out, the battle didn't take too long. :)

whiteninja
30-11-2004, 10:29 PM
last night i beat dark falz with my level 34 fonewearl in hard.

i had the hildebear's cane and 2 dragon and 2 general hp's on w/ level 30 deband and i actually survived the 3rd stage's sword attack. then it cast grants and killed me.

i tried again with a resist/holy rather than a general/hp and the slice attack caused my bhima to invinciblize me and i lived through grants because of that and i foied him to death within 20 seconds after he came back down because the hildebear's cane made my foie (the real one, not the cane's) do over 650 damage! it was great! :)

then with my hildeblue's cane i managed to barta the vh dragon to death before he could even do one of his burrowing attacks

those casting weapons let me beat all of hard, part of very hard, and grow 11 levels within 5 hours!

can you find any weapons that cast zonde that aren't weapon combos that you need to be level 100 for? mines was a real pain because i couldn't cast infinite zonde.

Ria
30-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Hmm you do realise deband is useless against that slash of Falz? It's a set damage :P

NetNomad
30-11-2004, 10:41 PM
o_O
A level 34 FOnewearl with level 30 deband and 650 damage? How'd you manage that? I mean, I know FOnewearl has more MST than FOnewm, but not THAT much (do they?? :puzzled: ).

Ah, yes, mags that can cast invincibility are good too... I had a Nidra which did just that. Several times. :)

Zal
30-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Just like grants.

NetNomad
30-11-2004, 11:55 PM
The slash is a set damage? Is that regardless of your DFP too? With the Dragon/HP and a Metal/Body on (and using the Hildebear's Cane) he took me down to 39 HP every time he used it... (and this was on VHard)

DarkMagician
01-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Many enemies and bosses do set damage with attacks. Non-elemental. DFP makes no difference. Resistance makes no difference.

This is why FOmar is the hardest class, it has sod all Hp

Hrith
01-12-2004, 12:44 PM
o_O
A level 34 FOnewearl with level 30 deband and 650 damage? How'd you manage that? I mean, I know FOnewearl has more MST than FOnewm, but not THAT much
250 more which is a lot, and also, FOnewearls get 30% to simple techs.

The slash is a set damage? Is that regardless of your DFP too? With the Dragon/HP and a Metal/Body on (and using the Hildebear's Cane) he took me down to 391 HP every time he used it... (and this was on VHard)
391 :P
And yes DFP is useless on Vol Opt, Dark Falz, and Olga Flow because their attacks are either set damage or magical.

whiteninja
02-12-2004, 10:07 PM
i want to say first of all that, we are getting off topic.

secondly, the sword attack does a set damage? i thought that it was a physical attack like what boomas and dimenians do, which depend on your dfp

thirdly, my fonewearl is able to do such a strong attack because of my pinkal ramar. i have nearly 240 hours on his file and the whole time it was to stock up on stuff for my force, including (long bragging thing here):

scepters: agni, dagon, and indra
clubs: laconium, adaman, and zimurian
hildebear/hildeblue canes +9
mahu+9 (bad memories come up there)
gaurdianna+9
sorcerer's cane
elysion+9
fatsia
branch of pakupaku
technical croizer
caduceus

3 slot frame (the level 1 requirement one)
all frames up level 80 requirements with four slots

4 God/mind
2 dragon/hp
4 metal/body
all of the best single type of attack -/resist items
4 wizard/technique
4 angel/tp
4 elf/arm++
4 ogre/power+
3 master/ability

all barriers from level 19-63 requirments
almost all of the merge barriers
secret gear

all techs over 25 except megid (19), grants (24), anti (duh! 6), resta (4), and many at 29

30-40 mind materials

level 200 bhima with 5 DEF, 145 MIND, 50 DEX

and i'm hunting for a gal griffon's wing, 4 tp/revivals, and a zonde casting weapon

this all gives my fonewearl at level 44 now about 880 mst. it's not because of levels, just all of the good stuff i have. the fonewearl's 30% on simple techs and the foie merge and the hildebear's cane make foie really strong. none of these things were hacked (i don't know how to hack and i don't care how to).

last night i even went against vh falz at level 44 and could survive the "raining holy light of death from above" attack with 4 health left but the sword attack in the 3rd stage killed me. now i'm going to get 4 God/hp's using one of my friend's skyly files and then i'll be in ultimate by level 50 and hopefully beat ultimate by 75 (episode 1)

so that's that's why my fonewearl got through all of hard and almost all of very hard in about 9 hours of play and 20 levels.

NetNomad
02-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Heh, yeah, maybe that would explain it.

Kefka: no, that wasn't a typo. He took me down TO 39 HP, I said. :) As in, according to that calculation I had 430 HP to start with. Actually, that's about right... I had 429 actually. Of course without the Dragon/HP I would've been toast that time. But hey, thanks for the statistic. (I wonder how bad Ultimate Falz's are? Are there stat charts for this sort of thing?)

Nicktendonick
03-12-2004, 12:03 AM
About a Zonde weapon, the only weapon in the game that can do zonde is magical peice. It's a weapon that you get from combining a magic rock "heart key" with a wand type item. Also you need be a lev. 100+ Force with at least 800 mst. then you can combine them to make a magical peice. For using higher wands, heres the chart.

(From PSO-world)
Wand +15 and at least LV100. Staff +15 + and least LV110
Baton +10 and at least LV120. Scepter +10 and at least LV130.

Hard isn't it. I decided to trade for mine, but it's all worth it. Good MST boost, 30% boost to mid-level techs, and the zonde special is cool too. It also has these hearts surround it every time you attack, it's cool for Females, and looks really stupid on my FOmar (why did ST do that? this or C-S cane is a vital weapon for FOmars) .And about getting a heart key, well, I'm not sure where to find it. You're on your own for getting that.

DarkMagician
03-12-2004, 01:18 PM
What was the topic again? Heheheh. Anyway, H.C is one of the best, short of Psycho Wand.

Zeank Aiya
03-12-2004, 11:33 PM
As for techs, technical Crozier does about the same damage with it's Barta special. You get it by completing Soul of a Blacksmith on ultimate and getting the Final mineral.
Is that the green one? or is it in the caves 3? iv'e only seen the red and green minerals

whiteninja
03-12-2004, 11:43 PM
the topic was supposed to be about casting weapons and their tech strengths, but whatever...

i think i saw the heart key on one of the lists for photon drop exchanges, which sucks because i still don't have the online mode, but i have about 30 photon drops.
i've been thinking about getting pso+, though, because my friend that i, uh... let's say "borrowed", pso from is moving soon and he wants it back

Zeank Aiya
04-12-2004, 03:09 AM
I've just sold an ICE ROD!!!!! so i no that it isn't the green mineral which you use to get the technical crozier... or maybe you don't say cane to the man?

Spidy
04-12-2004, 05:16 AM
It's the blue mineral, you have to find it in caves 3.

NetNomad
04-12-2004, 05:51 AM
And you have to kill all the forest enemies, too. Every last one. If not he gives you some crap like a Storm Cutter like I got once (although it did have 40% hit... :P ).

Shadamoo
04-12-2004, 12:12 PM
You have to kill all the enemies? BUGGER!

Anyway, another weapon that casts a tech is Twin Blaze (Gifoie), but I dont think Forces can use it, so...

Technical Crozier fires a Lv8 Barta that sucks.
Hildebears Cane seems to have a varying damage for the foie special. Good for Falz Form 3
I havent used my Hildeblue Cane yet, but its got a Gibarta special. Which is good for Falz Form 2 i'd guess
Sigh Of A God uses Gizonde, correct? I havent seen this, but I will pipe one once I get my Oran or something into Ult. That would be good for Falz Form 1, right?

Zeank Aiya
04-12-2004, 01:50 PM
If you're talking about Dark Falz in Ult, then you shoulden't try to kill her with specials, that means a lot of time, use ordinary magic, and super or perfect resists

whiteninja
04-12-2004, 02:11 PM
the technical croizer is only a level 8 barta? hm... it seemed stronger than that. the hildeblue's cane dose a little less damage than the croizer and freezes the enemies about 1 in 8, not to great, but it's really good for destroying groups of boxes.

when i got the croizer, it took so long to get to the blue minerals. then i noticed that i couldn't pick them up. i had to search all of forest again and it turns out i missed 1 bartle :@ ... that was annoying. the croizer is pretty helpful though, and i would suggest getting it.

and against falz, just pack a few trifluids and bring some tech boosting weapons and blast away with techs the absolute fastest you can. you'll drain you tp really quick but that's why you brought trifluids.

Zeank Aiya
04-12-2004, 05:07 PM
My technikal crozier has got 40% Native and 25% Hit
I think the best against Dark Falz is the Summit Moon, so that you don't have to be changing the wep, if you want to do that, i woul take the Agni, Indra and Dagon

P.S.: The crozier looks cool, but i don't think i'm using the barta special, lol. Does it boost barta or ice atacks?

Nicktendonick
04-12-2004, 10:13 PM
I think so too Zeank.

I'll list all the weps i know that do techs.

Foie-Hildibear cane (rod), eylson (saber), cadudes (rod), dragon's claw (claw)

Gifoie- Twin blaze (twin)

Barta-Technil crozer (cane)

Gibarta- Hildiblue cane (rod)

Zonde- Magical peice (cane)

Gizonde- Sigh of a God (single strike cane), and Power mazer/mazer beam (Single strike launcher)

Shifta and Deband- Sinow red blades (dagger) (does both, it's random)

Jellen and Zalure- S-ranks, profets of Mohaw (cane, sorry cant spell it)

Megid (weak,doesn't really work)- Soul Banish (scythe), Evil curst (single strike cane).

Rafoie,Rabarta,Razonde,Resta,Anti, Ruyker, Grants- none yet

Zeank Aiya
05-12-2004, 12:35 AM
The specials of Ruby Bullet and dragon slayer aren't rafoie? or normal weps do the same?
Where do you get the magical piece?

cOoLdUdE
05-12-2004, 12:57 AM
I've just sold an ICE ROD!!!!! so i no that it isn't the green mineral which you use to get the technical crozier... or maybe you don't say cane to the man?
Why didnt u trade it :S

Hrith
05-12-2004, 01:14 AM
Good job, I'll help you a bit =P

I'll list all the weps i know that do techs.

Foie- Hildebear's Cane (rod), Elysion (saber), Caduceus (rod), Dragon's Claw (claw)

Gifoie- Twin blaze (twin saber)

Barta-Technical Crozier (cane)

Gibarta- Hildeblue's Cane (rod)

Zonde- Magical Piece (cane)

Gizonde- The Sigh of a God (single strike wand)

Shifta and Deband- Sinow Red's Blade (dagger) (does both, it's random)

Jellen and Zalure- S-ranks, Prophets of Motav (wand, sorry cant spell it)

Megid (weak, doesn't really work)- Soul Banish (partisan), Evil Curst (single strike saber).

Rafoie, Rabarta, Razonde, Resta, Anti, Ruyker, Grants- none yet
Corrected all typos and mistakes :P

You forgot:
Zonde, Foie or Barta at random- Psycho Wand

Zeank Aiya
05-12-2004, 02:18 AM
Why didnt u trade it :S
trade it? lol, i don't give importance to the verb "sell" i ment that it was a ice rod instead of the crozier, lol
Well, anyway i don't play online and.... i don't think somebody woul have traded a... ICE ROD!!!!!! sounds like......

CRAP

NetNomad
05-12-2004, 02:23 AM
Whoa... I need a Sinow Red's Blade. But its chances are probably really bad... :ermm:

Zeank Aiya
05-12-2004, 02:27 AM
i'd also look for'em, which ID finds them?
Considering the amount of reds you find per run, the odds must be good ones
(thought i dunno what "odd" means, but i've seen it before :D :P )

Nicktendonick
05-12-2004, 05:08 PM
EDIT: thanks Kefka

S-red blades are very rare. Your best bet is to trade for them or get someone to give you one. Thats how i got my 2nd s-red blades, lost my 1st pair to a cousin of mine pulling the power cord of my GC with i was online, and i lost the blades. I sucked greatly, I traded a rare item of mine for it (*depressing sigh*).

(non-legit method) Also if you know a friendly duper (or ex-duper like myself), ask them, they might give you a pair out of being nice. There's a 15% chance I would, because they are very useful offline and since i back up my blades, i have a spare to give every now and then. But i don't really give away items anymore, I trade for items, but I only trade legit items that I found by myself for other legit items. I might even start up a pure legit char (only use items found by that char, and raise my own mag too) as soon as i get another memory card.

whiteninja
06-12-2004, 10:04 PM
s-red's arms (used to make the blades) are found in skyly, whitill, and yellowboze ID's with a 1/573 chance of getting them

is the soul banish that thing you get from the quests? or is it something else?

and Zeank the ruby bullet does burning, not rafoie. it looks like a small rafoie but only does fire damage to one enemy.

maybe now that i'm in ultimate with my fonewearl (beat vh at level 46 :) ) i could find one of those psycho wands. their odds are like 1/29000 from a gran sorcerer, right? that could take a while but they're supposed to be really good because they cut tp cost in half as well as cast stuff.

Judgment
06-12-2004, 10:55 PM
is the soul banish that thing you get from the quests? or is it something else?

Nah it looks like it but soul banish is stronger and has like stuff on it when you swing it

Hrith
07-12-2004, 12:35 AM
their odds are like 1/29000 from a gran sorcerer, right?
Nope, 1/290000, clearly forget about it.

Psycho Wand should only be hunted in Purplenum, Bluefull or Oran.

whiteninja
07-12-2004, 02:40 AM
two hundred-nintey thousand? not twenty-nine thousand? i must have misread the drop charts. never mind about that then... darn that extra digit

is it humanly possible to find it like that, because that would take several thousand hours of gameplay or extremely extreme luck

Nicktendonick
07-12-2004, 01:57 PM
This is exactally why people dupe. They have a life outside the game and don't want to spend the rest of etertiny looking for a rare that they can lose simply to an FSOD noob. They just want the item to use to play with for fun.

Anyway, 1/290000 for a psycho wand?! damn thats rare, someone duped me one a long time back but i don't use it. the HP loss from using techs on it is too serve on my Fomar to make it really effective. So i stick with the bear canes, caudelus, demonic fork, magical peice, and doublesaber.

Edit: I fixed misspellings

Hrith
07-12-2004, 02:16 PM
I fixed misspellings
Thank God =P

And using dupes ruins the fun in itself, so your point fails.

Zeank Aiya
12-12-2004, 04:25 AM
Didn't no those Psycho Wands were that good, i want one of them!!!

whiteninja
12-12-2004, 04:46 PM
if you have a purplenum character you could try ultimate caves mil lillies. they drop it 1/205, or you could devote the next 15 years of your life to killing gran sorcerers, gibbleses, sinow zeles, and delbiters :P

good luck 299,593 times over, because you're going to need it

DarkMagician
13-12-2004, 10:40 AM
By the way, Whiteninja...I DO understand the words to the intro song...

If that makes me sad...you're all dead! Mwuahahah!

whiteninja
13-12-2004, 09:57 PM
you can understand the songs? :S

i can make out half of it but not very well and i can barely understand any of the credits song, if i had the lyrics written down then i could probably make it out better