PDA

View Full Version : Web space provider

decswxaqz
21-08-2003, 09:15 PM
I'm looking for (preferably free) a web site/server that will let me host about 10Mb or more of space, allows offsite linking, and preferably FTP access. Anyone know of a good one? I not too bothered about bandwidth limitations as it's just for my own personal storage. Offsite linkning is a must though.

After-Death
21-08-2003, 09:43 PM
I'll host; Junon has given me your MSN !

decswxaqz
21-08-2003, 10:31 PM
hehehe. Thanks for the space.

http://www.soulhosts.com

*reads from piece of paper*
Soulhost is a very reliable web space provider, providing servers at great competitive prices. The servers suit a variety of needs, with unlimited email accounts as standard...
*looks over shoulder*
HELP ME!!! They've got a gun behind my back. THE WORD MUST GET OUT
*BANG!*
*thump*

No really. Thanks :D :D :rolleyes:

Lee-yoshi
21-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Whats wrong with lycos! Its free, allows off-site linking, basically everything. If ure building a website then they only stick a banner in it, like on my site (Which is hosted on tripod).

You get 50MB of webspace, and they provide an online WebFTP so its easy to do, which is why i found it so good, cos otherwise i wudnt have a clue about uploading!!

Go and use it, the best, er, 10 you'll ever never spend. See wot i did there, heh, im so cool! *wonders off*

www.tripod.lycos.co.uk

Aaron_Blitzmage
22-08-2003, 10:28 AM
But for lycos that is a huge banner on the righ side of the page and it squashs the page alot.

Lee-yoshi
22-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Yer i no its a bit pants, thats y its best viewed under res' bigger then 800x600 despite the fact thats wot i made it for, they changed it and put that on there the sametime i changed its design! But its still brilliant for just hosting pictures and that.

Phantom_RAcast
14-09-2003, 10:42 PM
i personally like freewebs.com:D . but no free FTP acess

Aaron_Blitzmage
15-09-2003, 07:36 AM
I will buy a website when I start working.
It will be the best ever. Just you wait.