PDA

View Full Version : Ragol Ring Subplot

SUPAH CHAO
04-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Anyone have specific instructions for getting the Sue/Bernie subplot? I have the Soul Eater one memorized, and I have done it before (And accidentally lost the Ragol Ring >_>), and I just need a list so I can do it again.

And if you told Sue your name during the first run through Dr Osto's Research, and don;t do any subplots, can you still do the subplot?

Dion Decross
05-11-2004, 03:03 AM
i too would like to know.

NetNomad
05-11-2004, 07:19 AM
I think I got it figured out now... I asked about this in my own thread with kinda got off-topic... I have yet to try this, but my Lv. 75 RAmar has the quests more or less done on VHard... it's just a matter of leveling up enough to not get the crap beat out of me in SoTH.

Personally I do Secret Delivery and Doc's Secret Plan before the others, so I can get the Doc to make me weapons. Anyway, you tell Sue your name in Osto's Research. Then in Unsealed Door you talk to Sue - don't forget her, she's easy to miss (she's south of the S-shaped room). Then go way back, talk to Bernie and say "sure" when he asks you to talk about Sue. This is where I've screwed up twice so far... this is important.

Unlock Waterfall Tears. You have to talk to Sue on Pioneer 2 until she leaves, and Bernie in the caves (he's easy to miss too as he's out of the way; look for his arrow in Caves 1). Next is Black Paper... talk to Sue again and ask her a question (does it matter which? I think I asked the second one) and then talk to her again and she leaves. You'll find Bernie right in your path on this quest, talk to him and he leaves.

I would play "Knowing One's Heart" as well because Bernie is in this quest if you did everything right. He just says something, I dunno if it makes any difference though. Same with Seek My Master. I think you've done everything right when you get the extra ending in Soul of Steel.

I think this is it - I'm trying desperately not to forget anything as I do these steps with my Lv. 59 HUmar (I don't want to lose a third chance). :-/

Does anyone know where I can find the SoTH script? I really want to read it again but the script site I know of doesn't cover this quest...

Gotien
05-11-2004, 08:06 AM
is the ragol ring really worth going through all that tho? is it really that good?

cHiLLaR
05-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Ragol Ring got good stats... but if u die once its lost... so i would say its not worth that...^^

Good Guide to get it is here (http://web.archive.org/web/20030802143534/www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1208)

Dion Decross
06-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Thanks, Finaly something that helped.

Spidy
14-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Ragol Ring got good stats... but if u die once its lost... so i would say its not worth that...^^

Good Guide to get it is here (http://web.archive.org/web/20030802143534/www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1208)
Do you really lose the Ragol Ring when you die?

Orphen
14-11-2004, 04:29 AM
Are you serious? I don't believe I was aware of anything like this.

decswxaqz
14-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Yes it does. It says something like that on the desc doesn't it? But if someone is quick enough they can cast ryuker and raise you before it destorys itself. I did it and gave it to someone else as a present. Good job because I corrupted just after... then they did :( lost it in the end.

Gotien
14-11-2004, 01:40 PM
sry man, well i guess that ragol ring just wasnt ment to last that long or something:P its definetly a good item tho right? like the red ring(just not as good)?

Hrith
14-11-2004, 02:38 PM
I think you mean Reverser, decs ^__^

And just a tidbit of info, Ragol Ring disappears if you die even if you have scape dolls, so if some one uses reverser or a moon atomizer you're saved, but I keep my Ragol Ring in my bank myself.

Gotien
14-11-2004, 02:43 PM
but is it good! like is it better than most other shields? how does it stack up?

decswxaqz
14-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Yeah Kef. Wasn't sure. Not played PSO in over 5 months :(.
And from what I can remember, it was a decent shield. Good to show off, just don't take it into Falz or Olga....

Orphen
14-11-2004, 06:49 PM
It was a really good shield, somewhere a bit better then the tripolic shield, maybe a little less so than the red ring though, but that doesn't matter because red rings a hack.

A.S.
14-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Oh right, vacation is arriving. I guess we all could find time to get the Ragol Ring.

Orphen
15-11-2004, 05:25 AM
I had one at one point. Way back in the earlier days with Orphen, but I FSODed and lost it.

VashYsk
15-11-2004, 06:29 AM
i did the quest to get it legitly. i just keep it in my bank. its not really worth getting because of the scrape doll feature of it, i just have it to say i have everyring. *which i do, even black ring*

Gotien
15-11-2004, 06:34 AM
now is all of the legit? or did you just hack a little here and there just to get it all?

VashYsk
15-11-2004, 06:36 AM
lol all except for black ring and blue ring seeing as how they arent released

Gotien
15-11-2004, 06:43 AM
wow, now then again are you just saying that since you HAD it before you got corrupted then hacked it back after it?

VashYsk
15-11-2004, 06:52 AM
i corrupted then when i got back my friend gave me all of his rings except black and blue which i got on my own, but before i corrupted i had all rings also. quit asking me questions im so tired it hurts my brain to think of an answer and im going to bed NOW! lol

Gotien
15-11-2004, 06:55 AM
yea right, i was saying that last night too but anyways do you have red ring as well?

Orphen
15-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Not legitimately, no.

Gotien
15-11-2004, 11:05 PM
i know u dont! i was asking Vash cuz if he has it then his collection isnt 100% legit and im gonna laugh and point at him for it! lol

Orphen
16-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Well he has a blue and black ring, seeing as to how that is the case, his collection already is illegit.

NetNomad
18-11-2004, 01:57 AM
Okay, I'm seriously annoyed at this now. Ever since I read about this subplot... at least six weeks ago... I've been trying to get the Ragol Ring with my Ranger (lv. 89 RAmar). I screwed up in Hard mode so I couldn't get it there, but I did it right in VHard. Just today I finally took out the Gol Dragon in VHard after gaining ten levels since my last attempt (of course the Cure/Freeze I picked up on the way didn't hurt :D), and then attempted SoTH. I just beat it about 15 minutes ago... and Kireek did appear and help... but at the end, I got no Ragol Ring. Excuse me, wtf? I seriously hope I didn't spend all the time doing this subplot to wind up with nothing. I even dropped something from my inventory before talking to Sue/Kireek/Elly on the beach, just in case it's like the Soul Eater and you don't get it if you have 30 items. Nothing. What in the world did I do wrong? Argh...

...another question. Any plot enthusiasts here? I can say that I know most of the plot here, but try as I might I still can't figure it all out...
1. What was Osto's motive behind the fourth life form? The apparant time/dedication/[slight insanity] he put into it wasn't enough; the government must've been behind it somewhere... if so, what was theirs?
2. "MOTHER" in SoTH seems to be a totally different project than what Montague described in Soul of Steel. Is there any connection here?
3. Who is giving Sue/Kireek/Black Paper their orders... the administration or the lab? Or some combination of the two?

Maybe this is offtopic... but then again, this is about the subplot...

Orphen
18-11-2004, 03:02 AM
The subplot to which everyone is too ignorant to really get to you on, including myself.

NetNomad
18-11-2004, 06:06 AM
...I seriously hope you're joking.

I know some people say (some people tell me, anyway) that this game has little/no plot. And that's true if you never play the quests - which is fine for some. But if I wanted a good old repetitive blastfest, I'd play Doom. :P I can't spend $50 (or even 30 in this case) on a game and not get a decent plot out of it without feeling cheated. And I like PSO's plot, the one that goes on in the background... I just wish I could understand it completely. :ermm:

Orphen
19-11-2004, 03:16 AM
And, no. I am not joking. Why would I? I have played all of the quests time and time again as well, you know.

NetNomad
19-11-2004, 06:29 AM
Well, can you at least tell me what I'm doing wrong, then? I can always leave the plot speculating for later, but I've been after this Ragol Ring for a while now...

Orphen
19-11-2004, 07:44 PM
PSO episode 1 and 2 tends to leave things out. Alot of these things are explained in episode 3, as well as a select few online quests.

NetNomad
20-11-2004, 04:24 AM
Heh, wonderful. And I'll probably never get that game.

.....I still don't know what I did wrong, though..... :puzzled:

Orphen
20-11-2004, 05:10 AM
you never did anything wrong other than disregard the fact that episode 3 would answer alot of the things left rather unanswered in episode 1 and 2.

NetNomad
25-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Sorry to have to bump this (haven't been to this board in awhile) but... if I did nothing wrong, why am I lacking a Ragol Ring right now? :puzzled:

DarkMagician
26-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Beacause...

Just because...hohohoho.