PDA

View Full Version : Chat: Ragol.co.uk Episode III Battle League

Lee-yoshi
26-10-2004, 11:08 PM
http://ragol.warcrafttavern.com/uploads/ep3battleleague_promo2.png

The upcoming league opens for sign-ups next weekend (Approx. November 6th/7th).

---------------------------------------------------------

Ragol.co.uk Episode III: C.A.R.D. League

The first ever Ragol.co.uk Episode III C.A.R.D. League will be kicking off very soon! Thanks to all who contacted me by E-Mail after last editions Hunters Gazette stating how much they wanted such a thing here on Ragol.co.uk!

How it will work is simple. Rules will be detailed on the sign-up post, and every match played must be abided by the rules set. Entrants will all be enlisted on a Table, and then given matchups and dates, so please, you must only enter if you'll be available for at least 3 - 4 weeks. Im not saying you've got to be available 24:7, just available in that time to arrange several matches between yourselves and other opponents.

After all entrants are entered into a League Table, they will be sorted by points. At first, all entrants will have no points, and be =1st. Points are gained via. Rank & Win Situation. You will be given points on whether you won or lost the match, and extra points given out on what rank you earned after the match, so please, also enter if you are going to be serious and honest about this as i will not be available to watch over all matches! If you would like a Ref. to be present please say so before your match so one can be arranged... most probabily me!

The winner will be the person with the most points and highest league table position after all matchups have been played, and will be crowned champion of the 1st ever Ragol.co.uk Episode III: C.A.R.D. League!

---------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately i'm away for a week between this Thursday & next Thursday, so this thread has been made in advance. All exact details will be confirmed and written up right here between the time im back, and the time sign-ups start!

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them here and i'll answer them all A.S.A.P! If youre interested in the league, please leave your mark in this thread, otherwise feel free to use this thread as discussion for the meanwhile. :)

Freaky kid
27-10-2004, 12:46 PM
ill join, and yes you can trust me (i can ref a match or 2 if you want), i better staret playing pso3...*runs of to play pso3*

C@pricornus
28-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Awesome Yoshi

Thx a lot for organising this

and of course you can count me in :P

First thing I would do though, is ban a specific stage for this league:

Dolor Odor, as it gives an advantage to all Arkz by being able to block both warps with a low cost (thus locking the game and the heroside character being unable to reach the Arkz sc)

Ria
28-10-2004, 10:01 PM
I'll join! Yeah gotta agree on that place mentioned c@p. Like the music but Arkz own that place x_x

Freaky kid
29-10-2004, 12:44 AM
im also agreeing. arkz ownage on that map.

azurevipa
29-10-2004, 05:06 AM
i am also i total argeement about dol odor but may i also request that s-rank cards be disaloude because certain people wishibg to participate in the league (namely me) dont have any s-rank cards and they would be a major advantage thus possibly making the match un fair if were gunna do this i want an even playing field not matches that are domminated by a single uber hard card

Zallya
29-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Im all for no dolor, but i think that S cards should be allowed. I admit it may be unfair on those without any S/SS cards, but if they were banned wouldn't it be unfair for those who have spent hours attempting to get these cards? some may even have to completely rebuild their decks because of this. I dont see how S cards being banned is ok if you dont have any, especially at there may be some N/R cards that you do not have. All cards have parameters that make them fair to play, for example- Some of the strongest weapons in existence in the game are dark meteor and dark flow. So these cost 7 to play. Every card is given a cost thats fair for how good it is, so i dont see how that casts S/SS cards out and not a very strong R weapon such as spread needle or holy ray.

C@pricornus
29-10-2004, 08:18 PM
I totally agree with Zalya, the S cards arent always the best cards (and usually rely on a high dice, making it difficult to play them)
The best, most effective decks are usually decks without S cards.
There are far better cards than S cards (depending on the deck you want)

Zallya
30-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Oh, and you can count me into the league, it'll be good warm up and great help for trying to get into SEGA's official EU cup (as far as I know it is being held in december).

Allen Schezard
31-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi
i wait my opponent for tournement!
Tel me when you go online thanks :bandit:

EP3QUEEN
31-10-2004, 07:02 PM
yes i would love to join this contest as well.

Risu
01-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi all

I'm in for this, sounds fun.

On the 2 Qs above, I agree with the majority - Dolor should be off the map list (and maybe Unguis Lapis for the same reason), but restricting S cards is a bad idea.

Also, personally I prefer minimum dice 2 in solo, rolling DEF dice 1 four or five times in succession is a real SOB with no partner to help out.

*EDIT*

Are there any deck rules? It may be sensible to disallow the cheap MC deck (i.e. Recobox, Recon, Gilchich, Sinow Beat, Mine Brightness all combined).... ?:D

EP3QUEEN
02-11-2004, 01:03 AM
if they do ban sranks that will truly be the end of ep3.

Zallya
03-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah, MC decks should be banned.. although they are not as powerful in singles matches.

Ruma
04-11-2004, 01:44 PM
I'd be up for joining in this aswell.

Could be good for a laugh :D

Ruma

Wand+75
05-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Heh I'd love to join.

Heres just a few ideas since I have some spare time on my hands.

To block cheap decks such as mines you could just have no assist cards allowed. This basically kicks most Arkz out of the equation as most arkz rely on assist cards to do any decent damage.

A single roll would be a good idea so in no way any person is disadvantaged, so 4-4 rolls just like Rule D.

No deck loop would destroy the fact of people using spam as they wouldn't be able to keep relaying there monsters.

Although this is just an idea you could ban R-S cards all together then people can make inventive decks (or make completely noobish ones) just using the basic cards. This probably wouldn't work, due to spam heros would reign supreme due to no punch nor gizonde.

I would vote Via tubus as the map by far my personal favourite and seems to be very ballanced.

Hope these help be seeing you soon.

Lee-yoshi
05-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Howdi Folks, Thanks for all your interest into the first ever Ragol.co.uk Episode III Battle League!

Some information regarding the tournament swings this way this Sunday, but as ive come home to horror internet problems and am currently using a PAYG service(!!! -_-) i wont be on PSO as early as i liked. Hopefully you'll be seeing more of me online and back in the PSO lobbies in the next few days or so!

However despite this i will still be pushing the tournament and am announcing that sign-ups commence this Sunday also. Look out for a news post on the frontpage (http://www.ragol.co.uk) and on the forums!

Until Then Peeps!

C@pricornus
07-11-2004, 11:55 AM
I cant find a subscription link for now, but I'll be checking the hunters gazette and subscribe as soon as the link is available.

@Wand: imo you're pushing the restrictions way too far, ban R-S cards, fixed map and fixed dices.
These rules might plz you but most certainly doesnt plz the others for sure.
All cards have their pros and cons, so none of these should be banned.
(it is true machine decks can be annoying, but every annoyance has his solution)

The only restriction should be on the maps: dolor odor for sure and I would like to add the Morgue in it too (arkz has a sure advantage there as well, just running around the column without a chance for hunters to reach them)
Unguis Lapis is very annoying too but not impossible to win as hunters (thx to the fly card)

Nicktendonick
08-11-2004, 11:05 PM
I would join, but my time online is very short and i don't really have the time to do something that big, I'm already been booked by schoolwork for a long while.

Lee-yoshi
09-11-2004, 05:51 PM
There is an article on Ragol.co.uk you may all be interested in!

Ragol.co.uk Episode III Battle League Standings
Click Here to see the Article... (http://www.ragol.co.uk/articles/EEpppkkuEpOEpBszwv.shtml)

This Article contains the League Table with all current players. This will be the League Table used for the duration of the League. The Article also contains all the necessary Information regarding how the League works.

UK Jester
22-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Sorry for being away for so long from Ep 3 (Redhead and myself). It's great to be back despite being distracted by LoZ: 4 Sword Adventure (yes its great as a multiplayer and on your own - just too short imho). I am certainly up for another Ep 3 League.

I'm upset that Risu and C@pricornus (Ibuki) never got to square up for their league battle - Risu, after swearing me to secrecy, had shown me a potential deck he was going to use against Ibuki, and it was disgustingly nasty (I just beat it in a test run but with the cards he decided to add I doubt my league deck would even have a hope). I'm sure C@p would have come up with an equally hardcore lethal deck for that battle, it's a crying shame the two of them never got a chance to duke it out. Watching the battle would also have been hard for me as I'm online friends with the both of them and therefore could not pick a side as to who I wanted to win.

Well - as far as the new league goes - no bans on any deck types, card types or character types. I'd like a bigger area to battle on and would prefer a min dice roll of 2 - but again, if Lee-yoshi is running the league then his rules are final wether I like it or not!

Regards

UK Jester

Lee-yoshi
22-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Hehe. I expect there will no doubtedly be another Episode III competition, and everyone seems to prefer doubles to singles competition. Also for the next competition, i am considering a few nice/evil twists, but its all down to trial and error! :P

Its also a shame that Risu and C@pricornus didnt have the chance to battle it out for the League, being the top 2 here! I would have liked to see that for sure :)

Expect the next Episode III league, in a few months, for next it is an Episodes I & II competition, but if anyone wishes to have a battle or two against me in Episode III, dont be afraid to ask ;) If you'd like to be notified of the next Episode III competition by E-Mail, please let me know, by E-Mail to lee-yoshi@ragol.co.uk, and ill keep your address in a safe place until then ^_^

Zallya
02-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey everyone.. Its been awhile since I posted here, the e-mail about the ep3 league made me wanna come back for 1 last (well, probably last :P) post.

I won't be competing in the league this year, mostly because of my lack of active hunters licence.. But good luck to everyone who does decide to enter, and most importantly- have fun :).

Lee-yoshi
02-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Hey bud, it has been a while! Good to see you're still around, for, well at least one more post :P

Shame you can't compete this time around, but no need to worry, i'm sure we can find some others ^_^

UK Jester
04-07-2005, 02:10 PM
I wish C@pricornus and Risu were still playing PSO rather than World of Warcraft - I really want to see those two take each other apart. Ah well, maybe we'll see a new generation of uber hard duelers/deck builders.

Regards

UK Jester

Lee-yoshi
11-07-2005, 12:00 AM
They've moved into that world aswell? God dammit... one of these days i'll write a really nasty letter to that Blizzard company.. *shakes fist*