PDA

View Full Version : Why would any one like to cheat?

Humanbreaker
16-10-2004, 03:23 AM
All cheating and hacking is make the game so fun! I think the main fun part of PSO is finding rare items your self! I dont know about anyone else but when i find a really good item it makes me feel really good. :S

and i have heard that hacked items make it toward you cant find rare items so wants the point of playing anymore :|

Double Edge
16-10-2004, 03:29 AM
I don't know anything about hacking or cheating, mainly because I'm an offline player. But the truth is, there is no point to cheating. The bloody cheaters think that it's just cool to have good weapons. And I agree. But, like you said, it just plainly spoils the fun. Bah. Dumb cheaters... -_-'

Ria
16-10-2004, 10:48 AM
The value of a rare item that a hacker has is like a saber to me... so common..

dnd
16-10-2004, 02:47 PM
my friend went on x-box online for about 30 mins he got given 15 hacked mags and about 10 bkb's,tst's lol thats bad.pelpoe hack just becasue they can not b botherd doing the game legity

Tarkatta
18-10-2004, 02:53 AM
Well, I can understand if people cheat to get a single rare weapon, item, or whatever they just can't possible live without (In a manner of speaking) because if I was searching for a ... Rare item (I'm not exactly sure what would be considered a "sought after" item) for days on end, I'd be sure to cheat just that once to get it. This is of course, in a what-if manner, since I have no idea how to cheat.

But if you're talking about those who get that instant level 200 (I don't know if it exists or not, I don't know much ab out cheating, just go with me on this) and all the God units and stuff, yeah, that just ruins the whole game.

マット
22-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm sick of cheating threads (and I rarely post on boards), but cheaters are sad little people who want to look cool and powerful even though they're not. They can't play the game, so they cheat. They're losers, and quite frankly, quitters. They won't work for it.

Plus, where's the value in hacking a weapon or item?

Steppenwolf
22-10-2004, 06:04 PM
There's many reasons that people use hacks and cheats, also a great variance in what constitutes a cheat. This is the 3rd thread for this subject in the last 11 days. You might waht to review the threads "The point of Cheating" and "Why??". Probably most other long threads since it seems that every subject seems to develope to a verbal war between pristine legits and filthy cheats :P .

Elvan
23-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Why are people (who don't know anything about hacking or cheating) claim that they like one over the other. There are alot of hackers in online mode. but they stay on. since what most of you guys are saying is that if you do certain stuff like hacking or cheating it makes the game unfun. so then why do the hackers stay on. so if the game was unfun the the hackers would quit. but they haven't quit. so it must be fun. or it may be fun for them. so you cant really post about what the overall feeling of hacking and cheating is. you can only give a self report of your own inner self fealings about it. so you cannot really insult a hacker just because he has a defferent taste than yours cause he can do the same right back to you.

dark jack
23-10-2004, 12:03 PM
finding items on your own is fun, and the way i see it is the only people who cheat are the ones who arent patient and have an attention span of a cheese sandwich.

Ria
23-10-2004, 01:12 PM
I don't expect you to understand Elvan since you cheat. If you hack you will loose interest quicker and it no longer is a challenge.

Hacking is the easy way out. Infact it just shows you're a lazy person who can't be botherd to work for something.

I used to cheat on some games in the past. Especially one, but now when I think about cheating on it... I just don't want to ^_^; pity I lost the game!

Elvan
24-10-2004, 12:41 AM
How do you know that if some one else besides you hacks he/she will lose intrest quicker. I hack and cheat, and I have been playing Phantasy star Online for 2 Years. And i was in a stage of where i didnt cheat or hack. i enjoyed it alot.. but since time doesnt lay heavily on me (unlike others) things didn't go well. I am not saying that Cheating is the best. but being TOTAL legit is boring too. in order to get the most fun out of the game is what (I think (which may be defferent from what you think and is prbably defferent)) is to have a mixed balance of the too.

Ria
24-10-2004, 01:40 AM
SOME people may loose interest quicker. Hacking is the loosers way out..

Scott Bull
24-10-2004, 08:11 PM
finding items on your own is fun, and the way i see it is the only people who cheat are the ones who arent patient and have an attention span of a cheese sandwich.

I agree, but don't be disrespectful to cheese sandwiches in that way.
I see those who hack and dupe item's are just learning a 2nd way to say "I quit.".

Ria
24-10-2004, 08:15 PM
I see those who hack and dupe item's are just learning a 2nd way to say "I quit.".

Couldnt agree with you more :)

Scott Bull
24-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Then they say they do it because they so smart.

You'd think that the one's who brag about it, if ther were so smart, would have something better to do with their time, perhaps World Peace or something.

I've got 2 degrees and I don't use them to hack on PSO.

Steppenwolf
25-10-2004, 04:33 PM
...I've got 2 degrees and I don't use them to hack on PSO.
Two degrees, do you not know the fallaciousness of pigeon holing individuals??

Scott Bull
25-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Funnily enough that never came up when I was studying the Circle Of Fifths or how the System Of Cadences work, but if it ever comes up in a performance, I'll make some notes for you, and, if I got time, I'll compose a Waltz around it for you, or a March, whatever your preference. :P

Steppenwolf
25-10-2004, 11:06 PM
:cool: Just sing me the blues son

Scott Bull
26-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Dammit Jim, I'm a musician not a singer, (inside joke).

I could always play you a nice arrangement of Take 5 I performed, (and wone me a competition too). :O

You one cool cat, Wolf. :cool:

Redhead
12-11-2004, 04:31 PM
ok cheats and hacks are there because programmers do not want to do everything the hard way when checking that a game works before release which is fine. However magazines and websites then publish said cheats and people want to see if they work or not. I do not cheat I like playing legit it is a challenge but on the other hand if you were seven years old and wanted a rare item now to impress your hommies then I guess you would cheat or hack if you could'nt find one in the game. I want sjs but I am not prepared to cheat in order to obtain it. People have different outlooks morals and ideas about this and many other subjects that is what makes us fasinating as a species and individualism is always a good thing and long as you are forcing others to go along with you.

Jimbo1990
12-11-2004, 08:19 PM
Cheaters are one of THE MOST DISHONORABLE SCUM (no offence intended) BUt Cheating IS JUST PLAIN WRONG!!! :@

Scott Bull
13-11-2004, 11:17 PM
If you're a programmer of the game,y ou can jump to any point in the game anyhow, I seriously doubt Sega use or approve the Action Replay, they just say they want to test something, and they can.

Anti Hacker
15-11-2004, 09:52 AM
I dont think cheatings worth it and heres why. I paid £40.00 for PSO, $35.00 for a broadband adapter and about £5.00 a month to play online. I want to get the most bang for my buck i possibly can from this game. Finding the rares you want legit can take hours (and be very fun) and if you want to cheat to get them... well done for wasting your own money i hope yor proud of yourself :@

-Anti

Scott Bull
16-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Gamecube: £75.
PSO: £35.
Modem: £30.
The look on a cheaters face they realise they can no longer afford their internet connection: £Priceless.

Grave_Guardian
16-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Cheating wrong. Getting stuff legit can be fun, and it will level your character up in the proses. And again I can't say enough CHEATING IS SO DAMN WRONG!!!!!!

Sesshomaru
16-11-2004, 08:44 PM
CHEATING IS SO DAMN WRONG!!!!!!
I'd kinda disagree with that......cheating CAN be fun I find, but ONLY once you have beaten the game one or more times, and you would like a new kind of excitement from the game that playing without cheats just couldn't give you.

dnd
16-11-2004, 08:50 PM
I'd kinda disagree with that......cheating CAN be fun I find, but ONLY once you have beaten the game one or more times, and you would like a new kind of excitement from the game that playing without cheats just couldn't give you.
ture i have used cheats on dooms. only so a can chain sword a cyberdemon to death.