PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Ranger

Gao Than
14-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi everybody, please tell me, what is YOUR favourite ranger, and why?
mine is the RAmarl because she has a moderate amount of tp and average attack, so it makes her the most balanced ranger in my opinion. :)

Hrith
14-10-2004, 04:17 PM
RAmarl is not balanced, RAmarl pwns !!
She's excellent at everything =P

Here:
http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/terralibe.png

Mini_Bert
14-10-2004, 04:45 PM
I don't have a fave, but I hate RAcaseal. As long as its one of the other three, I like em ^^

Gynn Rei
14-10-2004, 05:06 PM
RAmarl is not balanced, RAmarl pwns !!
She's excellent at everything =P

Here:
http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/terralibe.png

Amen to that.

Dark_Rabbit
14-10-2004, 05:19 PM
I love RAmarl aswell, i combine her attacks and spells and her shifta and deband are very good, she is very balanced compared to other rangers.

mimas
14-10-2004, 06:23 PM
I don't have a fave, but I hate RAcaseal.

Exact opposite for me. The one I use is practically a walking tank...

Khan
23-10-2004, 03:20 PM
I like RAmar. They are so good. They have the best look. Also they are descent magic users. They also are able to use a lot of different weapons.

mimas
23-10-2004, 04:26 PM
RAmar, good with techs? You're kidding. Their MST only goes as high as 665.

Khan
23-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Hmmmm Mimas, i dont think i ever said that they were GOOD magic users. i think your putting words in my mouth. I said descent. and dont say that they are bad magic users because at least they can use magic.

mimas
23-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Decent = Good

and as far as PSO is concerned, there is no magic...

Khan
23-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Man mimas, OK, techniques
:@

Heavy_Arsenal
24-10-2004, 05:45 PM
ramar is a piece compared to RAcast and Ramarl (sadly my RAcast got corupted :| )

Khan
24-10-2004, 09:59 PM
techniques can help a lot in combat. that is what makes them better than the other two.

Ria
24-10-2004, 10:14 PM
RAmarl all the way! They can learn up to lv 20 techs (all except megid, reverser and grants) if I'm not mistakend

Mikaelus
25-10-2004, 02:43 AM
RAmar. Who cares about techniques? Learning higher level ones isn't necessary. My friend has a level 191 RAmar that has max level techs (for the RAmar, of course). He can kill any enemy that requires techs with techs.

As for being a tank, My friend made it so that his attck and defense are top notch. Of course, half the time I was elling him which Materials to give to me, but... hey, what can you do? Since we play together all the time, He has man-who-shoots-point balnk, and I can blow stiff up with Rafoie. Why would you need a level 20 tech, anyways?

Hrith
25-10-2004, 09:15 AM
I have both RAmar and RAmarl, and I can tell you there is nothing RAmar does better, nothing.

And Lv 20 techs is incredibly useful, all techs, not just support ones, if one says that Lv 20 techs does not make a difference, that simply means that this person cannot play a RAmarl properly.

cHiLLaR
25-10-2004, 10:22 AM
RAmar is the best Ranger...
He got second most ATP of all Rangers and he got the most ATA with is just more important for Rangers ;)
I can use Special Attack with him and hit nearly every attack ;)
And who need good techs? Why shoukd a Ranger use Rafoie? I dont see the point there... The only Techs what good for Rangers are Deband/Shifta Jellen/zalure and Resta. And lvl 15 are enough to get a nice DEF/ATP boost ;)
And ill like my Srank Shot with Zalure and my Srank Needle with Berserk it kills all Enemys in a sec ;)

RAmarl is also good but its a kind to easy to play with her... and doesnt make fun for me.

RAcast isnt that good caus he have the lowest ATA of all Rangers and ATA ist one of the most important stats for a Ranger!

RAcaseal got low ATP but ATA isn that bad and her DEF ownz ;) Its my Second Fav Ranger Type.

Hrith
25-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Just because your favourite Ranger is RAmar dos not mean he's the best, and actually, it's very clear that both RAmarl and RAcast are way better than him, study the game a little more before you make yourself look stupid again.

Your favourite Ranger is RAmar, and this is a topic about "Favourite Ranger" so it's ok, but do not say he's the best when he's clearly not.

And for your information, techs are incredibly useful, proof that you don't know how to play with a RAmarl, and therefore cannot give a valid opinion.

Khan
25-10-2004, 12:13 PM
That is just someones opinion. he can think that way all he wants.

cHiLLaR
25-10-2004, 12:18 PM
you say i dont know how to play? Funny is that i wouldnt die with my chars cauz i didnt know how to play them. I played this game since game out on GC and after a while i know what to do. I saw a lot of high end chars who didnt know how to play. I clear for excample the Towers alone without dying with my Ramar. I played the Other Ranger , too. but they couldnt match with the Ramar. And only why Ramarl got 20 techs it doesnt mean she is good. And only why Racast got so much high ATP doesnt mean he is also good. I think you didnt played a Ramar or you dont know how to play with him.

Khan
25-10-2004, 12:22 PM
good argument. ive been playing since the DC so dont think i dont know what im talking about either. i have enless hours played on games.

Hrith
25-10-2004, 12:50 PM
lol, time to pwn some clueless n00bs.

In case you have not noticed, I have my chars in my sig, and you will see I have a RAmarl Lv 200, a RAcast Lv 169 and a RAmar Lv 127...

And if you wonder, I have clocked 5500 hours on GC, and I am a DC vet, too, not that it matters, anyway.

You can prefer RAmar, that is an opinion, and I respect it, but you can never say he is best, not ever.

I did not say that because RAmarl has Lv20 techs and RAcast has 1350 ATP they are better, nor did I say that you couldn't play the game, so maybe you should start by learning to read, it helps. Actually, learning to write could help you, too, it's not even my language and my English's better than yours >_>

RAmarl can do anything better than a RAmar, and she can do many things he cannot, while there is nothing the RAmar can do that the RAmarl can't.
RAmarl has better animations with 90% of weapons, and that is very important, she can also use more weapons, armours and shields, she can use decent support techs, and offline, she can actually deal good damage to faraway groups with techs.
RAmar has good ATP and ATA, but that's all, that makes him a very limited character, while RAmarl can be an excellent meleer, her better DFP, EVP and her access to all support techniques at Lv 20 makes her an excellent fighter in close or ranged combat equally.
Her good Resta allows her to use Berserk weapons efficiently, while it is too risky on RAmar. Also, RAmar better carry Trimates because of his lousy Resta in areas like Seabed or Tower, even at very high levels.

Ramar is good, but he will never be as good as RAmarl, if you take a RAmarl expert (myself, if I may) and a RAmar expert (I won't volunteer since my RAmar is only Lv 127, I'll take a friend of mine who has a Lv 197 RAmar instead), well the RAmar cannot compare, there is no competition.

My point is that on the paper, RAmarl pwns the RAmar very bad, this is a fact. But then again it all comes down to who plays it, any char can be good in the hands of a good player, and a good char can be terrible in the hands of a bad player.

Next time, do not doubt my word, when you have 5 chars over Lv 180 -- including a 200, 31 S-Rank weapons and 5500 hours clocked, we can talk better.

Dkgamer
25-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Well said, the n00bs have been vanquished :P
Im more of a force person myself, but i have a RAcast and a RAmarl and i have to say that the RAmarl is a lot better all round character. I havent really used a RAmar so i cant really say how good they are, but RAmarl is a very good class. ;)

cHiLLaR
25-10-2004, 01:15 PM
1. English is also not my languages and im not really good in it, but that has nothing to do with this dicussion.

2. I never said Ramarl is a crap char. I also said she is easy to handle and good.
I dont really care about offline Chars and what they can do offline or not. For me its more important how they playable in online mode. And if a Force is in a Game, Ramarl's supporttechs get useless ;)

3. And playtime and high lvl Chars doesnt mean you know how to play. I saw alot of poeple who nearly got lvl 200 Char and got also other High lvls and they didnt know how to play right.
I got only about 1,xk Playtime and got no char that reached 200. But i can say i know how to handle my chars.
My Ramar is only lvl 148 but doesnt i show that ill know how to play him, when i clear tower alone. I think it does.

Ria
25-10-2004, 01:25 PM
If you're playing by yourself with a RAmar, and the enemy is killing your HP. Jellen is very handy there (RAmars can't use). Techs are important at times!

cHiLLaR
25-10-2004, 01:32 PM
if you have read my post you should know that i said, Jellen/Zalure are techs who are important for non FO chars ;) But Also a Ramar can live without them but would be nice if he could use them. For That reason ill make Zalure on my Srank Shot. And if you know how to handle your chars, you wouldnt be killed by an enemy. And Ramar is a Ranger and not a melee fighter so he shouldnt try to go in melee fight. If you are trying to get into melee fight you do something wrong...

Hrith
25-10-2004, 03:31 PM
1. English is also not my languages and im not really good in it, but that has nothing to do with this dicussion.
heh, sorry about that.

And if a Force is in a Game, Ramarl's supporttechs get useless
That's absolutely false, which brings us back to my first argument: learn to play a RAmarl.
Unless you're in Forest or Cave, RAmarl's techs, attack, support and healing, are useful even if there's a FO around, especially Resta, Jellen and Zalure, the FO is not always there in those big PW#3 rooms >_> trust me, the poor RAmar is glad that my RAmarl healed him after doggie ran him over.

But if you cannot face the fact that your cherished char is not the best, you're better quit PSO.

Like I said, if you're a good player, being a RAmar won't be a handicap.

Double Edge
25-10-2004, 03:50 PM
RAmar and RAmarl, one of the two I s'pose.

Khan
25-10-2004, 07:56 PM
I find it surprising that a Ramarl is that much better stat wise than a RAmar. It makes me want to start a character as a RAmarl when i finally get my PSO in the mail for the Xbox. You gave me a ton of info about it. I am pretty good with a HUmar and a RAmar because ive played a lot with the both characters. and even though it says on my sig that i have a level 30 RAmar it doesnt mean that i had two previous RAmars that were over level 100. i like these arguments that people have because i get a lot out of them. even though you guys are fighting about eachother characters its still only a bunch of opinions so lets not criticize. :)

KEevin
25-10-2004, 08:07 PM
I have both RAmar and RAmarl, and I can tell you there is nothing RAmar does better, nothing.

And Lv 20 techs is incredibly useful, all techs, not just support ones, if one says that Lv 20 techs does not make a difference, that simply means that this person cannot play a RAmarl properly.
tried that im at lv.52 ranger robot

cHiLLaR
25-10-2004, 09:13 PM
I find it surprising that a Ramarl is that much better stat wise than a RAmar. It makes me want to start a character as a RAmarl when i finally get my PSO in the mail for the Xbox.
Ramarl would be a good choice if u begin to play on Xbox cauz its easy with her.
But Ramar got also some good points which make him atractive. There only one prob, he needs a bit better Weps then Ramarl need. But if he got them he pwnz :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Khan
26-10-2004, 12:13 AM
pwnz? what do you mean when you say he needs a bit better weps than RAmarl? just askin

Kal
26-10-2004, 03:32 AM
Just because your favourite Ranger is RAmar dos not mean he's the best, and actually, it's very clear that both RAmarl and RAcast are way better than him, study the game a little more before you make yourself look stupid again.

Your favourite Ranger is RAmar, and this is a topic about "Favourite Ranger" so it's ok, but do not say he's the best when he's clearly not.

And for your information, techs are incredibly useful, proof that you don't know how to play with a RAmarl, and therefore cannot give a valid opinion.
lighten up, jeez he said it was the best in his opion! that's wat all of it boils down to, ur favorite. Personally i like Ramar, decent all around but not real easy to use ethier. and can weild alot of different wepons.

Kal
26-10-2004, 03:35 AM
pwnz? what do you mean when you say he needs a bit better weps than RAmarl? just askin
he means they need stronger,faster,more explosive wepons. Me personally i carry one handgun,1 rifel, 1 shot, and 1 mechguns, with me everywhere. U never Know wat u'll need.

cHiLLaR
26-10-2004, 10:06 AM
I use an Demon Laser with hit and a Frozen shooter... when im doing tower runs... For TTF ill use A berserk Needle. I think this are not that common Weaps... but their specials are very good and in the hands of the Ramar with high ATA they hit nearly every combo... other chars wont hit that often...(no this not my opinion ill test it with my other chars!!!!)

Gynn Rei
26-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Final Impact and the H&S 25 Justice is all I need to take with me, sometimes when I'm going to the ruins I'm taking the Frozen Shooter with me.

Kranz91
26-10-2004, 07:39 PM
i no have te version.2, and i can't compare some RAngers, but my favourite is RAmar, well, some are better, but i chose this, i play offline and this is good, i think.

Khan
28-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I only play offline too Kranz. We have no say in how good ramarls are really.

Dark Blade
29-10-2004, 03:46 AM
i play offline aswell and my favorite is the Racast by far cuz first of all they just look so dang cool

Kranz91
29-10-2004, 07:18 PM
I only play offline too Kranz. We have no say in how good ramarls are really.
I think i understand you Khan :S .........

ShadowNinja X7
25-11-2004, 05:27 AM
The character is only as good as the person who controls it. Sure, some characters may have better stats and stuff on paper, but when it comes down to it, the person playing makes the difference. But my favorite is the RAmar.

DragonRider
25-11-2004, 06:03 AM
Exact opposite for me. The one I use is practically a walking tank...

RAcaseal is awesome she is like the buffest Ranger ever GO MIMAS

UltraDefender
25-11-2004, 02:39 PM
i think RAcast is so cool, and with him you don't have to worry about lilies r poisonshooters (except for ult lilies)

tomnash
23-12-2004, 01:46 PM
RAmar can use magic to heal (not very good at anything else magic wise) and has good attack power

twinbanj
06-01-2005, 05:12 PM
RaCasts look so cool! Like huge walking deathbots! Shove a rifle in his hand and the image is complete! And traps are fairly useful... they stop stuff getting too close... for a while.

immeyourenot
06-01-2005, 11:14 PM
There is nothing quite so humourous as watching a small dainty robot with an enormous gun blast the crap out of everything in a room. RAcaseal all the way.

NetNomad
07-01-2005, 12:20 AM
RAmarl better at everything? Not statistically. Nobody's better at everything. Statistically RAmar has better ATP and ATA than the RAmarl (at least, at max), so... there's something right there. At any rate, it really does boil down to your preference and your play style. I enjoy playing with my RAmarl, but I'll admit that I haven't really gotten used to using a lot of techs. I probably will later, when she has more TP and such.

Haven't played with my RAcast enough to form a good opinion on him... :P

Hrith
07-01-2005, 04:42 AM
RAmar has better ATP and ATA than the RAmarl
S/D/J/Z Lv 20 > S/D Lv 15
And as for the 8 ATA bonus, it does not make any difference, really, I seem to miss more with my RAmar than my RAmarl, both have max ATA, and use more or less the same weapons.

NetNomad
07-01-2005, 05:37 AM
Still, it's nice to get the ATA early. Before PSO Plus came out (which I wouldn't have if I hadn't pre-ordered it, I'm betting), I'd only played using a HUmar on a friend's card... the farthest I got him was to level 13. But then I decided on a RAmar for my first seriously-worked-on character, and I kinda took his ATA for granted for awhile. I barely knew what hit % was for a long time, and I didn't really get the appeal of weapons with hit until my HUmar entered Ultimate. :P

As for the technique difference, yeah... but since people online seem to like playing with a support Force so much (according to what I read around here), it's usually they who'd be casting the S/D/J/Z anyway. *shrug*

Ashinator
07-01-2005, 11:44 AM
My favourite Ranger is gonna have to be the RAmarl cos they are just like HUnewearls (dead cute) and they have good MST. My RAmarl, Ailish, is so damn good looking! She's only Lv 27 though and needs more trainin but she looks really cute wen using her FINAL IMPACT ;)

tomnash
12-01-2005, 07:31 PM
RAmar all the way cos he has half decent techs and good ata and atp and WHY DO YOU PICK CHARACTERS ON THE WAY THEY LOOK ASHINATOR I THINKTHAT'S STUPID

Sroths
12-01-2005, 07:50 PM
yes, i also prefer ramar because he has the best accuraccy