PDA

View Full Version : Cheat lingo

Vulcan
16-04-2003, 09:45 AM
i keep getting asked what does that mean, and what does that do, so heres an explanation of all the codes that can affect you character directly.

FSOD: where the game freezes usually in a loading screen, can be escaped from through soft reset or openijg the GC lid.

X-FSOD: This is the same as FSOD except there is no none way (to me) of gettign out of it intact.

BSOD: Black screen of death is where the screen freezes like FSOD but it also just goes plain black, i have heard of no reports of this happening in Episode I & II.

Pking: player kiling, very bad this can be done through editing stats with codes offline and then going online.

CKing: Character killing (i belive) this will be just liek PKing but it corrupt your chaeracter.

DCing: This i have never heard of from my many PSO friends but apparently it exists, this is again like PKing but instead removes all saved information from your Dreamcast

NOLing: this is when a veyr bad person editd some ofthe vbase codes of PSO with a codes disk then goes online and does certain actions that will transform your new legit Lv200 character into a Lv4 woman. You can also get transfrom into any other NPC charcter.

i believe thats all, i wont go into all the cheat codes, but these are the ones that ffect people directly.
Hope it all helps.

After-Death
16-04-2003, 12:50 PM
NOLing sounds nasty bro, u sure thats possible ?

Dreadnought
16-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Happened to me twice on the dreamcast, the highest lvl char i lost was 73...

Sol
16-04-2003, 05:37 PM
There was a bootup program that you could load to protect yourself against it though. You had to burn it to cd and jump start pso with it :eek:

Broomop
17-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Sol
I think there was a bootup program that you could use to protect yourself against it though. You had to burn it on cd and load up pso with it or soemthing :eek:
Well if the ram from a Quest could of been stopt so would NOL. so maybe your right, it wouldhave to be another disk though, since if you have an incorrect CD it wont run PSO.

Starman
19-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Nice work Vulcan T90 :cool:

Vulcan
19-04-2003, 09:42 PM
y thank you!
im thinking of adding a online lingo section to my PSO walkthrough. any ideas anyone?

Nosferatus
21-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Sounds a good topic... go ahead! Include all the lingo and acronyms you can find.

Braindamage
21-04-2003, 04:28 PM
hi im new here and i just wanted to help you out with ur code explanation,

X FSOD should just be XSOD which stood for TerroristX screen of death which was also known as LSOD ( LOADing screen of death) because you were stuck on the loading screen while entering a room it was a 1 of code that TerroristX made and was only given to a select few!

DCing should be VKing (VMU killing) which coruppted your file and made in unplayable!

FSOD (Frozen screen of death) was a glitch in PSO Dreamcast which players took advantage off but will not happen in Gamecube of Xbox pso Because it was patched with the new program altho it may happen thru a glitch from the console side no player should be able to make it happen!
:D

NOL was the name of the character that the very 1st person to use th code turned his victim into,it was also possible to be turned into any other NPC including the NPC's that didnt get involved in the actual game Ie:- red ring rico,The principle etc etc
NOL was easily escaped from be simply reseting the Dreamcast and not "quit & save" if u did "quit & save" then u lost ur character! alot of people started using Gameshark because of this so that they could use the "back up save" code
(make two or more copies of the same save,which u could not do with out the gamesharkcode :mad: )

PKing was also possible without Cheat discs and codes (another glitch) which has also been patched
:D

RSOD (RESET screen of death) a player with a little knowledge of there gameshark could easily join a lobby and if u happened to be in that lobby ur Dreamcast would reset its self and u loose any items in ur inv!

Anyway hope that helps

Buhbye

EnjOy!

:cool:

Nosferatus
21-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Hmm.. You are truly wise beyond your years, you have attained mastery of dreamcast haXing methods. Thanks for the correction :P

Braindamage
22-04-2003, 03:00 PM
There was also a rumour about DKing (Dreamcast killing)
Which was actually real!!
But it happened to the "hacker" not the "victim"over several times of "NOLing" the hardloading due to the NOL code would wear out the lens motor of the Dreamcast and so rendered it "dead" sweet poetic justice :cool:

Broomop
22-04-2003, 09:54 PM
lol terriost x fsoding OMG how funny terriost x used to leech codes from people, he was only known for him being lame jsut like hitler!! HAHAHAH! i owned that little kid. ;) DC killing was never true, it was too much NOLing that done it thats all. Anyway dreamcast is old taty and OLD and um TATY. no1 cares, well i dont since everyone thinks there some kind of top dog for christmas. Hmmm

Braindamage
23-04-2003, 03:02 PM
DC killing was never true, it was too much NOLing that done it thats all.

WELL.....that means it was true then?
And isnt that what i just said?
Anyway it was DK not DC,DC was short for Dreamcast not Dreamcast kill.thank you!

!i owned that little kid.

Yea Sure u did,Everybody that was anybody apparently "owned" sumbody!

If you think TerroristX was lame....u obviously never knew him very well or seen him using his own codes!

Anyway dreamcast is old taty and OLD and um TATY.

The reason for the Dreamcast discussion is so new people to PSO know what to expect & know what the hell people are talking about when they mention NOL or PK etc, believe me it will ALL happen again unless you are playing Xbox version!

Broomop
30-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Braindamage
WELL.....that means it was true then?
And isnt that what i just said?
Anyway it was DK not DC,DC was short for Dreamcast not Dreamcast kill.thank you!

!

Yea Sure u did,Everybody that was anybody apparently "owned" sumbody!

If you think TerroristX was lame....u obviously never knew him very well or seen him using his own codes!

The reason for the Dreamcast discussion is so new people to PSO know what to expect & know what the hell people are talking about when they mention NOL or PK etc, believe me it will ALL happen again unless you are playing Xbox version!

you never met me then, or sakura or anyone with the real talents. as i said you only know him because he doesnt do nothing but pso dc and being a loser. But whatever, get Terr X on to psopc, since theres no crash methods public on it as of yet. I have over 14 id rip him to shreads heh. As i said people on PSO DC never made codes, Only guessed even i would admit this. I accidently found NOL.

Bradd0rz
30-04-2003, 09:41 AM
Please post in English, it's the only language I understand.

K thx bye sumarthee computare man!!

HUmar link
03-06-2003, 11:03 PM
I got FSOD'ed , i was so totally feaked cause i dropped a ewapon and i thought it was gone. but good thing it was still there.....and it was a lavis cannon.hahahahaha

AmoOscuro
25-06-2003, 04:43 PM
I've a question for you because I'm new in PSO. ( I play on the XBOX )
My question is :
Is there any NOLing on the XBOX version and if there's how can I avoid it ?

decswxaqz
25-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the boards.

I don't think there is noling yet on psox. But I don't think it will be long. I think it is easier to hack on the Xbox because you can hook it up to a PC. With the DC you couldn't really hook it up directly. There are already totally hacked items that change stats, and a infamous "Proof of Sonic Team" item so I have heard floating about.

AmoOscuro
25-06-2003, 06:05 PM
So... How can I avoit it

decswxaqz
25-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Sorry ><. Didn't answer your question. lol. I don't think it could be unless they bring out a patch or you use counter codes, like what some people did on DC. Not sure though.

AmoOscuro
25-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Well If I become a lvl 4 NPC could I reset my Xbox to save my character ?

decswxaqz
25-06-2003, 06:10 PM
No idea. Maybe. But that didn't work on the DC I think. I think when you were NOLed, they made the game save, maybe by making you appear in Pioneer 2. Better asking a hacker if you come across one. lol :'( ><

AmoOscuro
25-06-2003, 06:12 PM
I don't know any hacker... Legit is better... I'm better to only play with my friend and put password In game I play...

Ivan
27-06-2003, 01:03 AM
thats a good idea:)

Broomop
03-07-2003, 12:16 AM
X-Box online cheating is harder than GC PSO online cheating. But X-Box is best for offline cheating. The online cheating hasnt been broken yet, using Mod Chip methods because you cant get online with a mod chip yet. Although action replay codes could change this. But if they get made for X-Box they will be on GC as well. So really i would say. Level pegging for online cheating, and for Offline X-Box wins hands down.

P.S. Nol doesnt work no more. Its only client side. :p

Serpent7
24-12-2003, 01:39 PM
What is soft reset?

Ton
24-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Wow, no one replied in 5 months. I wasn't even here when it last replied.:eek:

Serpent7
26-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Nor me!

zigz
19-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Serpent7
What is soft reset?
you hold start, b, and x. thats soft reset. (thats the gamecube method any way):p

Serpent7
19-01-2004, 07:21 PM
oh thanks lol :D

Ton
19-01-2004, 07:26 PM
U can actually do that? Wat does it do?

Serpent7
19-01-2004, 07:28 PM
I think if you get FSOD you can sometimes recover my using soft reset...

Ton
20-01-2004, 01:27 AM
So u dont lose your unequiped weapons?

Vulcan
20-01-2004, 10:23 AM
wow... this topic still here? I thought i would have been purged or ransacked at least by now.
Oh bugger... on topic.. erm... er...here:
PEMS = Please Excuse My Spamming

Proj3ct_Zer0
20-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Youve got a 50% chance you loose them and a 50% you keep them. You never know what happens. Wheneve I tend to get FSOD, i just usually open my Gamecube lid and then reset my Gamecube. Its worked a few times for me, and Ive kept my weapons and items :)

Beat X500
20-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Braindamage
There was also a rumour about DKing (Dreamcast killing)
Which was actually real!!
But it happened to the "hacker" not the "victim"over several times of "NOLing" the hardloading due to the NOL code would wear out the lens motor of the Dreamcast and so rendered it "dead" sweet poetic justice :cool:

im afraid this happened to me twice and therefore i had to buy a new DC and now im stuck with not being able to get another new one and anyway the PSO servers are down :( Ah well i might be converting myself to GC so i can play PSO online yay

Zer0
26-01-2004, 05:49 AM
Is FSOD counted as a hack or a cheat?

Proj3ct_Zer0
26-01-2004, 09:30 PM
No, its just a glitch in the game.

Ivan
27-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Zer0..intresting question, the answer can go both ways...kinda. You see, and FSOD is caused due to cheats and hacks, and if the game has to configure other stuff into the system before it connnects, or there are cheats overloading the server, it could crash and cause FSOD. and because you shut it off while you were nline and didnt save, anll the items with you that aren't equipped could be lost. You should try doing Carl's idea, and then go to Offline mode. Remember that you lost them in ONLINE mode, and not OFFLINE. If the disc can calculate that (Which it will 50-50 chance) you wouldn't have lost anything.

To your question if it's a hack or cheat... It actually kind of is a cheat because players who know how to can FSOD, anyone they like, or just noone in particular. I remember Lewis posted something about a block I think it was EU:Polaris-1-1 who FSODs u aoutomatically. whihc I have no idea why.

Here's hoping that answers all your questions about the FSOD

Thesord
28-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Lol,you got the crow sleeping:)
Yes,the worst is that people online can FSOD.:(

BeHeMoTh {RA}
30-05-2004, 06:08 PM
hey guys remember me behemoth{RA} im level 128 hucast and bored so ne1 wanna play :|

Omar
31-05-2004, 02:17 PM
You see, and FSOD is caused due to cheats and hacks, and if the game has to configure other stuff into the system before it connnects, or there are cheats overloading the server, it could crash and cause FSOD.
No. FSOD is caused by busy servers. Cheating doesn't do anything to cause FSOD, unless someone is actually trying to attack the servers, which doesn't occur yet.
What cheats overload the server Ivan?

To your question if it's a hack or cheat... It actually kind of is a cheat because players who know how to can FSOD, anyone they like, or just noone in particular. I remember Lewis posted something about a block I think it was EU-Polaris-1-1 who FSODs u aoutomatically. whihc I have no idea why.
FSOD is a glitch. There is a cheat which allows you to make this glitch happen more often, but nobody does that on Ep1&2 anymore and there are a few ways of preventing the Ep3 FSODers from spoiling your fun.
The reason people were getting FSODs in Polaris 1 was because of a kid called Biovirus, who later changed characters to an ARed 200 called Nortonvirus. He just left his character in lobby1 FSODing most of the people who entered. Sometimes he would actually be by his Gamecube as he followed a friend of mine around ships trying to "get" her.

Youve got a 50% chance you loose them and a 50% you keep them. You never know what happens. Wheneve I tend to get FSOD, i just usually open my Gamecube lid and then reset my Gamecube. Its worked a few times for me, and Ive kept my weapons and items
There are 2 kinds of FSOD. If you FSOD when entering a lobby for the first time, then you will only lose meseta. If you FSOD at any other time then you will lose your unequipped items and meseta.

hey guys remember me behemoth{RA} im level 128 hucast and bored so ne1 wanna play
o_O

trevman0
21-07-2004, 10:01 PM
i keep getting asked what does that mean, and what does that do, so heres an explanation of all the codes that can affect you character directly.

FSOD: where the game freezes usually in a loading screen, can be escaped from through soft reset or openijg the GC lid.

X-FSOD: This is the same as FSOD except there is no none way (to me) of gettign out of it intact.

BSOD: Black screen of death is where the screen freezes like FSOD but it also just goes plain black, i have heard of no reports of this happening in Episode I & II.

Pking: player kiling, very bad this can be done through editing stats with codes offline and then going online.

CKing: Character killing (i belive) this will be just liek PKing but it corrupt your chaeracter.

DCing: This i have never heard of from my many PSO friends but apparently it exists, this is again like PKing but instead removes all saved information from your Dreamcast

NOLing: this is when a veyr bad person editd some ofthe vbase codes of PSO with a codes disk then goes online and does certain actions that will transform your new legit Lv200 character into a Lv4 woman. You can also get transfrom into any other NPC charcter.

i believe thats all, i wont go into all the cheat codes, but these are the ones that ffect people directly.
Hope it all helps.
Just so you know there is one more thing its called DK heard 2 days ago from a former DC pso player it stands for dreamcast killer he said it overloads your dc and destroys it so you cant play games on it or anything. :(

Ria
21-07-2004, 10:50 PM
The BSOD does happen in ep and 2. Definatly in the Euro version for sure. It happend to me.