PDA

View Full Version : how do you tell?

Neo1989
22-08-2004, 06:46 PM
how do you tel if the item is hacked during a trade? some of the items ive got recently had huge %bonus's.

Junon
22-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Thats probably the only way you can tell, or if you seem to get an amazing deal.

EG; You trade a regular level 200 Mag for a Tsumikiri J Sword, its probably gonna be duped.

Trading with a stranger can be a bit dodgy, especially if theyre from the Vega Ship. However, you may find trading with the Japanese to be pretty reliable, since they all pretty much play the game fair and square, but id still be carefulll...

If you stick with a group of legit regular friends and make sure you only trade with them, you should be able to get the items you want :)

Ivan
23-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Also some weapons have hacked % but they appear as 100% (That is legitimantly possible) but they are really 300% which is impossible because the max is 100 per attribute. Also people speak of hacked mags. They do not mean the actualy mags but they reffer to the stats. Each being 326 which is impossible because the max level of a mag is 200. But the hacked stats mags are 1304. Remember these mags are real it's just people have tweaked their stats to exceed level 200.

Serpent7
23-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Also, play with the person you're trading with first, if they're obviously illegit, then duh, their items are gonna be.

Neo1989
24-08-2004, 07:50 AM
the brits and japanese ive played with are all legit but the americans seem to find it all a big joke. one comment being (why spend hours trying to find a *"@% weapon when u can dup one in 5 min) i didnt trade with him and hope he FSOD's in hell.

by the way my yasiminkov below is that likely to be hacked.

Ivan
24-08-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm american and legit. You need to stop stereotyping because there are legit americans such as myself orphen, and a friend of mine online who just made it level 200.

Neo1989
24-08-2004, 04:58 PM
sorry, not stereo-typing just saying that a lot more americans that ive met are illegit than brits and japanese

Ivan
24-08-2004, 06:20 PM
And your point is? <_<

Neo1989
25-08-2004, 09:04 AM
no point just my experiance so far anyway thats of the point, the Bringers Rifle i have i illegit and i have a red handgun thats got stats of 0/75/0/100/50
what should i do with them?

Ivan
26-08-2004, 01:13 AM
How about getting rid of them? =\ And if that's the case you don't much experience online do you? Because there's a legit ship Called Deneb 9. Vega is for cheaters/hackers/illegits/etc.

Heavy_Arsenal
26-08-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm american and legit. You need to stop stereotyping because there are legit americans such as myself orphen, and a friend of mine online who just made it level 200.
Im legit 100% and american

Orphen
26-08-2004, 02:49 AM
The majority of dupers and hackers are American, sad to say. There may be..a few legitimates, not much credit to you on that, Ivan, but still, this guy has a point, I hardly see any UK or JP users using hacks, not counting the hackers who run around under the Japanese language setting.

Well, insane deals, as well as high % are a way to tell. With weapons that can be made, though, you should ask how they got or made the items, as well as what components they used to make the item.

Neo1989
29-08-2004, 10:26 PM
ok thanks for all the help with that guys, (sorry if i upset anybody..Ivan) the obvious signs are stupidly one sided trades which admittedly I guessed and 100% bonus's. Ill just get rid of then this time and be more careful in future. Oh and Ivan I havn't had much online experiance as I only got online about a week ago.

Omar
30-08-2004, 01:20 PM
How about getting rid of them? =\ And if that's the case you don't much experience online do you? Because there's a legit ship Called Deneb 9. Vega is for cheaters/hackers/illegits/etc.
Most Deneb 9 players have a clouded view of what legit is.

The true legits who were the ones that changed that block into the legit block (instead of just the IGN/Gamefaqs) are now over on Altair, though that place is now starting to get fake legits also.

Serpent7
30-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Deneb 09 has too many illegit hasslers, (who like to come and swear in your face, so mature), and I get idiots pretending to act thick saying WATS LEGIT and demeanding a telepipe.

Orphen
30-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Well, in time, there will be nowhere to hide, regardless of how many times you change the legitimate server, that wont exactly keep all of the cheaters and hackers from eventually invading. That and the fact that lots of the legits always chastise the people who give items to their new characters from higher levels.

mimas
30-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Chastising people for transferring items? Sounds very stupid if you ask me, I mean ST intended for people to drop items and for other players to pick them up... What's so wrong with that??

Oh and Orphen, that "nowhere left to run" stuff is a load of rubbish. I think the illegits are perfectly happy swarming over the US ships like a massive colony of ants... I should know as they never seem to bother the EU ships at all!

Orphen
30-08-2004, 06:20 PM
I know, but that is also because no one really goes to the EU ships, that, and the fact that if the new legit server came to the EU, the cheaters posing as legits will eventually come swarming in.

Omar
30-08-2004, 06:56 PM
I know, but that is also because no one really goes to the EU ships, that, and the fact that if the new legit server came to the EU, the cheaters posing as legits will eventually come swarming in.
Some of the EU ships are pretty busy actually.

Spica 10 seems to be the EU answer to Vega nowadays though >.<

Orphen
30-08-2004, 07:23 PM
That's just wonderful, soon the whole game will be swarming with cheaters and FSODers.

Ivan
30-08-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm quite surprised you haven't seen that already. But I have an idea that will make everyone happy. (Keep your eyes open for the thread I will make in a bit)