PDA

View Full Version : Holy ray

psychoticdemon
15-08-2004, 10:59 PM
is there any point to a ranger having the holy ray? i've seen ranger ppl saying they want/have it but i dont see the point. except for a higher atp and grind level and a stupid mst requirement to use its the same as the visk isnt it?

Junon
16-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Dunno, i think ST intended it to be a decent gun for Forces to use, hence the MST requirement. The same goes for Elysion, which also has an MST requirement in order to equip it.

Hrith
16-08-2004, 01:56 AM
yesh, Junon is right, note that HUmar and HUnewearl can also use Holy Ray, this is the only rifle they can use, Forces can use more (Bringer's Rifle, Angel Harp).

Holy Ray is not really good for RAmarl, she's the only ranger that can use it, and she has maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany much better rifles at her disposal.

You should hunt for Holy Ray if you're a HUmar, HUnewearl, FOmar, FOmarl, as those classes it's a great weapon.

mimas
30-08-2004, 10:29 AM
What about FOnewm and FOnewearl, Kefka?

Hrith
30-08-2004, 01:26 PM
I do not melee with characters that are so good at tech-casting, but sure, just know that FOnewearl will never deal as much with Holy Ray as she would with techs offline, and techs hit more targets, you get my point...

Online, I'm not very fond of being the FO, and when I am, I mainly support, I do not attack and take the risk of damage canceling HUs and RAs.

flickynick
30-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Where could i get a holy ray from?

GOLDIE
30-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Looking at your sig I guess you want to use Redria which unfortunately cant find it :D. Both your RAmarl and FOnewearl can find it off Dal Ral Lie on ult caves. If you can be bothered to train them up.

flickynick
30-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Im killing the FOnewearl, i dont like the fact that they are pooey with weaopns, but thanks im nearly in v.hard with the RAmarl so it could be soon

Humanbreaker
18-10-2004, 12:48 AM
i think roly ray is really for forces