PDA

View Full Version : Converting PSO into d20......?

Eziceal
10-07-2004, 01:13 AM
undefinedundefinedundefined
I've started with the races, witch have mostly been done allready just with diffrent names. The classes are going to be next. if you have any input it'll be appericated. The gear will take an exstensive amount of effort sence there is sssooo much of it. Any suggestions on that would also be greatly appericated.

GOLDIE
10-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Wont it help if people knew what you were talking about?

Eziceal
11-07-2004, 02:40 AM
The d20 system for table top role playing, produced by TSR and Wizards of the coast. I've been useing a combination of the 3.5 rules and Modern d20.

darkice
11-07-2004, 02:05 PM
wow and i still don't get what you mean r u insane or is it just me :S

Beat X500
11-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Are you converting PSO into a trading card game?

Ivan
11-07-2004, 10:17 PM
He can just buy pso 3 if thats what he's talking about! :P

Beat X500
13-07-2004, 11:49 AM
What I meant was lik th old Pokemon trading cards, because he mentioned Wizards of the Coast, who are the producers of the cards. :D

Omar
14-07-2004, 12:00 AM
wow and i still don't get what you mean r u insane or is it just me :S
It isn't just you, this guy really hasn't explained himself very well >.<

Eziceal
14-07-2004, 09:27 PM
RPG...any of you know what that means. You sit around a table with dice and sheets. Someone has an actual plot, with a theme and mood to back it up. Really how hard is it to realize that I'm talking about table top role playing.

Omar
15-07-2004, 01:28 AM
RPG...any of you know what that means. You sit around a table with dice and sheets. Someone has an actual plot, with a theme and mood to back it up. Really how hard is it to realize that I'm talking about table top role playing.
Let's see...

Your topic has a title that very few understand (your average person will have been stumpted by d20).
You then put the word "undefined" three times in various styles without explanation.
The main body of text which follows has many grammatical/spelling errors and doesn't explain what it is that you are actually doing for those who don't understand the aforementioned title.

Not a good way to ask for help with your project :P

RiskBreaker
15-07-2004, 04:00 PM
I'll explain. D20 is a term used by table top role players, people who play games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Rifts, etc. All those funky games where you roll dice to get your stats/damages etc. The TSR, Wizards of the Coast, etc. are companies that produce those games.

For those of you wondering WHAT D20 means. It's a 20 sided dice. If a table top role player says "D6" he means a 6 sided dice, D10, 10 sided, etc.

Basically he's attempting to make a pen & paper role playing game version of Phantasy Star. Definately something interesting. Since most of you didn't know what TSR or D20 is, it might be rought to lend a hand eh?

Eziceal, I would say, if you really want to try to work in a system, maybe you should look up GURPS, and modify those rules to how you need them to be. You should be able to find detailed information about GURPS through any search engine, and they should fit perfectly to a Phantasy Star world.

Also don't forget, just 'cause the race isn't on PSO, doesn't mean it's not a Phantasy Star race. Think about all the races that were on Phantasy Star I, II, III, and IV that aren't on PSO. I can't think of their names anymore, it's been a LONG time, but you shouldn't leave out the history of Phantasy Star! =D.

Good luck to you, I'll check in every now and then.

Eziceal
17-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Many apologies for my rudeness, lack of foresight, and nonclearity.
I sincerely did not mean any offence to anyone.

Thank you RISKBREAKER. Though GURPS in its own right, has a few good points for converting PSO. IT left a 'bad taste' in my mouth a long time ago.
You also mentioned other races in Phantasy Star's history...? I would injoy kowning more about them. All I know is of PSO I & II on Xbox. *shrug*