PDA

View Full Version : Force's Technique techniques

Yaichiro
27-05-2004, 04:46 AM
Since there were no posts here, i decided that this would be nice topic to start.

Now, i have a hipothesis: strong Mnd characters, like FOnewearls/FOnewmn have such a high mind pottential that they don't necesarily need high level basic attacks (as you know, basic attacks increase theyr TP cost as they increase level, unlike <i think, not sure> heavy attacks like rafoie that dont increase theyr TP for some levels), so you can spare TP by sticking with the lowest Techniche disks....

but also, for FOmar and FOmarl, since they dont regnerate TP, it may also be convenient to stick to low level techniques, at least until a decent level is reached...therefore, there's no need for hight level Tech. disks!

ok, that was my <very personal> advise, which i follow, of course. But i warn you, im far from being an advance player <ok, maybe not so far, but more like medium/low player>, so i could be ABSOLUTELY WRONG. if i am, i would appretiate anyone telling me so.

<ahem>....so, comments? tips? complaints? whatever discussion is welcomed ^ ^

odin22
27-05-2004, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't. If you have high techniques, the more likely you are to defeating an enemy quiker, which is vitally important if your a FO with little DEF. Besides, all you need is enough TP (10) to cast Ryuka to go back to the city, and you can top up your TP for only 10 meseta without wasting valuable Trifluids.

Besides, with LV 3 foie on normal, a FO. can instantly kill a evil shark on the mines with one hit. 80 odd dmg.

Omar
27-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Besides, with LV 3 foie on normal, a FO. can instantly kill a evil shark on the mines with one hit. 80 odd dmg.
They have sharks in the mines now? :P

My FOs use mainly the mid-level techniques (Gi) in episode 1. It depends on the area/enemy though, so it varies greatly.
In episode 2 after the temple, megid is your best friend ;)

weasel
27-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Here my .02:
I have a lvl114 FOMarl, with TP of about 1400, All my tech. have a high lvl of 28, the lowest being 23. Lemme tell you this, when your as high of a level, chances are, your maxed out on meseta; so buying Trifluids and Difluids is no big deal. I have Trifluids in my quick menu. Thats pretty much all I use, and if I'm outta Trifluids, I'll dip down to Difluids, but they dont last long at all. It takes 4 Difluids to fill me up, and thats not all the way full either, about 7/10.

One thing I've learned being a Force, if you find a weapon that you can use, that has high ATP(I use a durangal(sp? i cant remember at the moment)+37), use that instead of your Tech. Just cast Shifta & Deband and youll get a good chunk outta your enemy. Right now in Ult(Im in the mines as of right now), I can plow through the enemys without using tech on them. That'll save you on TP.

-Brent

Lee-yoshi
27-05-2004, 04:54 PM
I find Megid's only good if you've got it at a decent enough level, otherwise it's just a TP drainer, and then your stuck in the middle of a battlefield with no place to run, and no TP to restore your HP with!

Nice place to start the new forum with Yaichiro. Everyone has their own opinion, whats better for worse, this place is to share your tactics and battle strategies!

Judgment
27-05-2004, 11:27 PM
i usaly cast Shifta & Deband and run in waving my weapon around a bit until i get good enough techs, mst and tp to deal a good amount of damage and have enough tp to last quite a while

Yaichiro
29-05-2004, 09:00 PM
of course, my advise was not meant for high level Forces, but rather when the character is still in the low levels, when it needs to rationalize TP. Even though, in the later dificulties, enemies literally swarm over you, so i think it would be wise to spare some TP, unless you have the patience to cast ryuker every 4 rooms...

:alien:

PSO Paul
08-06-2004, 10:05 PM
:cool: sadly my force is a very low level but my favorate wep is striker of chou when i get it :alien:

odin22
09-06-2004, 10:57 AM
the character is still in the low levels, when it needs to rationalize TP.

It's better to do a lot of the quests when your a low level fo. Just let computer controlled character get stuck in and use one multi hit tech and your lv up and be stronger in no time, while saving on TP.

Also, I good way to get through the caves as a low lv FO. is to do the Martha quest and activate the column on this quest so you don't have to do it in the main game. so u don't waste lots of TP trying to find the darn thing and can zip through to caves three quickly.

K8lin
09-06-2004, 01:43 PM
To solve my tp problem, the lack of it that is ;), im currently searching for a psycho wand. Halves tp cost. I use grants the most, very VERY powerful indeed, especially at my lvl ^_^

dnd
10-06-2004, 03:13 PM
:cool: sadly my force is a very low level but my favorate wep is striker of chou when i get it :alien:
but my force is lv76 highest techs inculde(without wiz/techs) zonde and rabata lv29!!!muhahahahaha :P :D

Tayer
14-06-2004, 05:17 AM
I am like really new at this, and i don't really like the hunters/rangers, and normally accel in Magic/quickness in games. I tried using quest to lvl me up, but it doesn't work that well. :( .I have played quite abit with him and he's only lvl 27. Do you have any strategies i could use to level him faster? I have a friend with three lvl 200's, and says he just kills, and uses his other chars to help..but I don't have a char to help. So, if you, or anybody reading this has any tips, please E-mail me at Lilhairy882007@aol.com

odin22
16-06-2004, 11:06 AM
What mode are you on, normal / hard ???

What quests do you do - Addicting food is the best or Doc's secret plan for quickness and lots of money.

What FO are you?

moka
24-06-2004, 06:36 AM
i like my FOnewm lvl 15 and over 300 tp. I use my foie a lot, it cost 10 tp and does 101 damage my gifoie is 20 tp and does 150 damage and my rafoie does the same damage as gifoe. now i know foie only hits one creature but i usually dont have need for more without barta being cheaper

Hrith
24-06-2004, 02:24 PM
i like my FOnewm lvl 15 and over 300 tp. I use my foie a lot, it cost 10 tp and does 101 damage my gifoie is 20 tp and does 150 damage and my rafoie does the same damage as gifoe. now i know foie only hits one creature but i usually dont have need for more without barta being cheaper
Bear in mind that FOnewm has a natural boost of 30% to Gifoie, Gizonde, Gibarta, Rafoie, Razonde and Rabarta.

moka
25-06-2004, 05:13 AM
if i understand that which i dont, its not showing for me.
?but im confused?

Hrith
25-06-2004, 01:45 PM
All forces have natural boosts to some techniques, as follow:

FOmar:
30% to Gifoie, Gizonde, Gibarta, Grants
Double Shifta and Deband range.

FOmarl:
50% to Grants
Double Shifta, Deband, Resta and Anti range.

FOnewearl:
30% to Foie, Zonde, Barta
Penetrating Megid
Double Resta and Anti range.

FOnewm:
30% to Gifoie, Gizonde, Gibarta, Rafoie, Razonde, Rabarta

zippy
16-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Since there were no posts here, i decided that this would be nice topic to start.

Now, i have a hipothesis: strong Mnd characters, like FOnewearls/FOnewmn have such a high mind pottential that they don't necesarily need high level basic attacks (as you know, basic attacks increase theyr TP cost as they increase level, unlike <i think, not sure> heavy attacks like rafoie that dont increase theyr TP for some levels), so you can spare TP by sticking with the lowest Techniche disks....

but also, for FOmar and FOmarl, since they dont regnerate TP, it may also be convenient to stick to low level techniques, at least until a decent level is reached...therefore, there's no need for hight level Tech. disks!

ok, that was my <very personal> advise, which i follow, of course. But i warn you, im far from being an advance player <ok, maybe not so far, but more like medium/low player>, so i could be ABSOLUTELY WRONG. if i am, i would appretiate anyone telling me so.

wot types of weapons do u use for close combat bin tryin to find out plz help current weapon kaladabolg

MaesterJa
29-07-2004, 09:38 PM

what I do is really take advantage of my Fonewm's tp regen so that way i can use my fluids for my mag.

Kal
02-08-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm not really woried bout my tp getting to low And i don't use it that much anyway i usally just rip through my eneimeis using my Rod, & also ur mag should have a decent balance of power & mind. :bandit: Or just a lot of power like mine1 my attack is higher than a lvl 20 HUmar weilding a buster and i use a rod

Master Force23
23-08-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm not really woried bout my tp getting to low And i don't use it that much anyway i usally just rip through my eneimeis using my Rod, & also ur mag should have a decent balance of power & mind. :bandit: Or just a lot of power like mine1 my attack is higher than a lvl 20 HUmar weilding a buster and i use a rod

I have to worry. I use resta a lot in the mines because when i get attacked most of my health is lost

SoundMasterLuku
25-10-2004, 03:35 AM
Kefka so in your opnion was a fonewmn a good choice for an all magic person.I only use gis and ras so ? ???

Gynn Rei
25-10-2004, 05:30 PM
FOmars are great for melee and good at tech spamming

FOmarls are good for melee, great for support and okay for tech spamming

FOnewearls are good (almost great) at tech spamming and good for support

FOnewms are great for tech spamming and okay for melee

If you would like to use FO's in the defenition of tech spamming then FOnewm is probably the best...

SoundMasterLuku
26-10-2004, 12:21 AM
Thank you for the help. Now im assured I didnt get tto level 60 some and make a bad choice.lol bad thoughts :D