PDA

View Full Version : What is FSOD?

PSO Phreak
24-05-2004, 09:06 AM
I keep hearing about FSOD and BSOD and all of this crazy hacker stuff. What does all of this mean? Will I have fun online, or will PSO just become another Diablo?

Omar
24-05-2004, 09:25 AM
FSOD=Frozen Screen Of Death (Game freezes when online and you lose all unequipped equipment and meseta or just meseta if you are entering a lobby for the first time)
FSOD-X=Frozen Screen Of Death-X :P (A FSOD occurs when the game is saving, which usually leads to corruption)
BSOD=Black Screen Of Death (I don't think you can get these anymore as they were more of a V1/2 thing. If someone has got one of GC then please enlighten us)

FSODs occur when you are on a busy block/server or in a very crowded lobby. There is a bug which lets people FSOD you, but the people who used this have all moved over to Ep3 to use an even better glitch to FSOD whole lobbies >.<

I have yet to get a FSOD-X or BSOD, but have friends who have got the dreaded FSOD-X in the past.

PSO is nowhere near as bad as Diablo was. There is very little malicious cheating on E1&2, so don't worry too much about "crazy hacker stuff" :P

PSO Phreak
24-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks again, Omar. I have been waiting a long time to get this game on Game Cube and now that I finally have, I want my gaming experience to be as fun as possible.

weasel
24-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Ive gotton BSOD on GC, but I didnt lose anything but the meseta that I had on my at the time, but I didnt lose any weapons. It happened in the lobby in Offline. All I did was reset the GC, and everything(besides losing 2,000 meseta, which is no big deal) was fine. Never happened again.

Ivan
24-05-2004, 03:06 PM
There ARE different kinds of FSOD. You only loose items if you are in-game (rarely happens unless your connection is really bad) also if you are re-entering lobby. I think everything else you only loose any mesetaon you.

In episode 3, if you FSOD online, you only loose meseta.

misterbud
27-06-2004, 05:33 AM
wrong...ive gotten an fsod at least 5 times with 100 meseta on me and never lost it...

Nightwing00
19-08-2004, 12:29 AM
wtf u copied psofreak22 u fin freak what r u a pot smoker

Proj3ct_Zer0
19-08-2004, 12:38 AM
wtf u copied psofreak22 u fin freak what r u a pot smoker
Please dont flame against other members.