PDA

View Full Version : Quest guides

Omar
28-04-2004, 10:44 PM
I was just reading the guides (which are some of the best in terms of design and content that I have seen for a while) and noticed some things that could perhaps be added to them.

Some examples of the stuff I mean:

In the Towards The Future guide it mentions the minimum kill method, but doesn't explain how to get an SS rank using it. I know the minimum kill isn't great for exp, but it is still a viable way of getting the Purple Ring without too much difficulty.
Again with the TTF guide, it doesn't mention the various side-quests such as the love test or the ability to play as the dragon or the very useful Striker of Chao sidequest.

In the Rappy's holiday quest, there is no mention of the fact that this is the only place you can get TP Materials. I know that it is hard to get them and time consuming, but shouldn't it at least be mentioned?

There are other things, but they are just what I noticed from a quick look. I am really sorry if these things are actually explained in other guides or something, but I couldn't see it anywhere, so apologise if it is already on the site :$

I don't mind writing the additions to the guides if you don't have the time (and actually want these things adding :lick: )

Lee-yoshi
28-04-2004, 11:04 PM
I wrote the guide to the Rappy's Holiday quest, and that was my very first one, and i think you're mistaken. There's nothing missing (I wish!).

I never personally knew anything you mentioned above...apart from the bit about playing as the dragon during TTF which is seriously confusing to me, i still don't understand it! lol
But the Love Test?! Interesting...

If you would like to, you can write some guides yourself (For other quests i mean). Then post them up somewhere like this on the forums, and depending on how busy everyone is here you will see it up on the main website! You don't have to be a Staff Member to write a guide. I wasn't when i wrote the Rappy's Holiday one!

Even if there's things you think are missing, such as you have posted above, please go into a bit more detail as to how you actually do these things, and they could get added onto the guides. Its much appreciated feedback from everyone that means the most....Honest!

Omar
28-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Hehe, don't worry, I aren't asking to be a staff member or anything.....yet :P

I will have a look through and type up some additions to the guides when I have the time so you can see what you think, but it may be a while as I am quite busy at the moment sadly >.<

decswxaqz
29-04-2004, 12:10 AM
As for the minimum kill method, I thought it wasn't much use. People only play TTF to get EXP. You don't play for the Purple Ring on it's own. Yes I know I should add it for completeness, but I just wanted to get the guide done. Counting enemies is broing ^_^;
As for the Dragon and Love tests, I should add those really. Maybe if you want to write them up.... ;)
And the striker of chao, isn't that just the DC verision?

EDIT: Sorry, it sounded really rude. Thanks for pointing this out :). If you spot any more, just let us know :)

Huge whoopsy. Goldie did do it. I just did the images and monster counts. But I guess the above still stands.

Omar
29-04-2004, 07:45 PM
As for the minimum kill method, I thought it wasn't much use. People only play TTF to get EXP. You don't play for the Purple Ring on it's own. Yes I know I should add it for completeness, but I just wanted to get the guide done. Counting enemies is broing ^_^;
As for the Dragon and Love tests, I should add those really. Maybe if you want to write them up.... ;)
And the striker of chao, isn't that just the DC verision?

EDIT: Sorry, it sounded really rude. Thanks for pointing this out :). If you spot any more, just let us know :)

Huge whoopsy. Goldie did do it. I just did the images and monster counts. But I guess the above still stands.
The Striker of Chao is GC/Xb also as I just proved to myself by making one with my FOmar a few days ago :)

People don't only play TTF for EXP. If you are alone online, then it is probably easier to do minimum kill if you are after the purple ring (which I have found a lot of newbies to want). The chance of rare enemies in a short amount of time makes TTF a good place for general rare enemy hunting if you only do F-C.

Lionheart
29-04-2004, 10:43 PM
omar is right about the tp mats and hes also right about the side quests that exist in TTF.