PDA

View Full Version : EA President throws in the towel!

Lee-yoshi
09-04-2004, 01:56 PM
"Screw this job" he says...but probabily in more less arrogant ways!

www.nintendomagazine.co.uk

John Riccitiello leaves the world's largest third-party games publisher to pursue other interests

EA head honcho John Riccitiello has resigned from his position as publisher President and chief operating officer (COO) according to an official statement from the company.
Riccitiello was responsible for global publishing, online and other corporate departments. His resignation is effective immediately, but Riccitiello will remain at EA for a transition period.

CEO Larry Prost is to assume responsibility for Riccitiello's duties while EA "evaluates candidates to join the company's senior leadership team".

Commenting on his resignation, John Riccitiello said: "My time at EA was the best work experience in my life.

"Personally, it is time to do something different and I intend to start a private equity business. I'm leaving EA when the company is enriched with the best people, the best properties and a very bright future."

CEO Larry Probst added: "I want to thank John for the tremendous contribution he's made in the past six years. His vision and leadership have been extremely valuable and he has built an outstanding team. I wish John the very best."

Hmmm...starting a new life, with a new private business.......

Maybe a small Post Office and Corner Shop? :P

njdss4
10-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Sorry to be so blunt, but this guy's a friggin' moron! Even if he didn't like his job, it must pay through the roof! If he has enough money to last him the rest of his life maybe, but he could get more money and make sure his family would be set for generations. Whatever, he's stupid.

Lee-yoshi
12-04-2004, 10:37 PM
(He did work for EA, wot did you expect...intelligence?)

:P

njdss4
13-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Hey hey hey. EA Sports has come out with some good games in the past. Maybe they're not all good, but the NHL ones weren't bad. *thinks to self* This guy must not have had anything to do with those. Phew!

Lee-yoshi
13-04-2004, 03:18 PM
lol, it's not that EA hasn't released their fair share of good/great games, it's just for several other reasons that i'm not looking to go into now that explain why i dislike EA! They used to be excellent and released lots of classic games, now they're just cheesy money makers!

njdss4
14-04-2004, 06:07 AM
EA used to make good games, and I've played a few, but I do have to agree that they don't make them like they used to. Now it seems each game just gets a little bit of spiffing up and then put on the shelves with a $50 price tag. (what does that convert to in the UK?) I always rent them to see if they're worth it, but most of the time it isn't.

Lee-yoshi
14-04-2004, 02:32 PM
I dunno how much it is converted, but the games normally cost around 40 each.

njdss4
15-04-2004, 01:20 AM
Well, either way it's too much. They should just come out with patches like for PC games that just have the added stuff and make it cheaper. Hmmm.... *runs off to copyright/patent idea*