PDA

View Full Version : Voice Weirdness

scissorkicks
18-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Sorry to post with yet another problem. It's something I've experienced all the time with Xbox PSO. I just can't hear one specific person on my friends list. Everyone else I can hear, but when this one particular friend joins a game, I can only hear him via the bleed on other peoples headsets. Anyone else experienced this?

Starman
18-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Has voice chat been disabled on his XBL dashboard? or it could be that MS have banned him from voice chat in which case it should see a notice every time he logs into XBL.

scissorkicks
18-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Sadly no. Everyone else can hear him. It's just me that can't.

Thanks anyway.

Starman
19-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Strange...

You sure you have not disabled his voice chat?

You can check by going into the menu, chat and then voice banning. If his name has a speaker with a line it has been disabled.

scissorkicks
20-06-2003, 02:14 AM
Yup checked that too. It's really weird, eh? :confused:

decswxaqz
20-06-2003, 10:26 AM
Taken from the official Xbox Live site. I don't have Xbox so I don't know if this Gamertag thingy would be different from banning someone in PSO itself. It all seems quite complex....but then that Microsoft for you :rolleyes:

What can I do about people swearing and being obnoxious while they're playing?
The most effective way to deal with another player who is using vulgar or offensive language is simply to mute them by selecting their Gamertag from the Players list, and then selecting the "Mute" option. You can also submit negative feedback for that player by selecting their Gamertag from the Players list and using the "Feedback" option.

http://www.xbox.com/uk/live/start/connect/faq/support.htm

Junon
20-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Heh, Id still rather be using keyboard :O

decswxaqz
20-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Me to. I hate my voice (so does everyone else but lets forget that >< :'( ). I always go quiet when talking to someone, typing just feels better to me for some reason.... Maybe it's because I am a sad person :mad: :(

Junon
20-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Nah id feel like a gimp sitting in a room on my own sounding like im talking to myself -_-;

scissorkicks
20-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by decswxaqz
Me to. I hate my voice (so does everyone else but lets forget that >< :'( ). I always go quiet when talking to someone, typing just feels better to me for some reason.... Maybe it's because I am a sad person :mad: :(

Ironically, I'm the only person on my friends list with a keyboard set up for Xbox. I'd prefer it like that as well, but hey ho.

~|Snake&Raiden|
06-07-2003, 08:08 AM
well i dunno about scissors problem, nvr happened to me, I've got a huge mutha of a prob tho:
When I'm playing almost any online game when i start talking theres about a 70% chance that my connection drops out. I mean i dont get booted out, i just lose my connection. Would it have anything to do with my Wireless DSL connection on my XBOX?????
I've tried everything on the XBOX site to help, i do know the trick to get the connection running again:"unplug the power and plug it back in" i admit that gets me back on. But getting kicked out is still very annoying? anyone else got these same problems? is it just me? am i all alone in the universe? AM I GONNA DIE????

sry got carried away with the questioning....

decswxaqz
06-07-2003, 10:33 AM
It could be.
As it's only when using your voice I think it could be a bandwidth problem. Wireless technology is usually slower than wired technology. I think that when you use the headset, there is not enough bandwidth through the wireless connection so your connection is lost. The voice channel hogs all of the bandwidth and doesn't leave enough for the actual game so it cuts out.
Does it work fine when you reboot the Xbox? You can connect perfectly?

~|Snake&Raiden|
06-07-2003, 09:56 PM
i dont have to reboot my actual xbox to get back online i just have to unplug my wirely connection box out of the electrical socket and plug it back in.
O wait i just noticed something:
my connection droped out and i went to the troubleshooter thing on my xbox and it says that it cant find the IP address.... well thats odd, o well. If just gonna have to get A REALLY REALLY REALLY LONG ethernet cord so i can get it to the internet connection on the first floor of my house.....