PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Competitions V.1.4 - Create-A-Weapon!

Lee-yoshi
25-03-2004, 12:38 PM
--------------------------------------
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
WINNER ANNOUNCED
SEE POST #39

To celebrate Ragol.co.uk's first birthday, i'm running 4 different competitions in which YOU could walk away with a nice little set of Phantasy Star Online, Episode I & II goodies! These prizes are a small collection of randomly selected items/armours/weapons/rares/meseta, etc. that are only obtainable through playing the Nintendo Gamecube version of Phantasy Star Online, Episodes I & II and by playing Online. If you don't play this version of the game, especially online, then don't despair, you can still enter the competition. If you win and are unable to collect the prize because of any of these types of reasons then you can simply donate them to another fellow user of your choice! Just enter, test your skills, become the first ever Ragol.co.uk know-it-all!

This competition judges your creativity and love for Phantasy Star! Using your knowledge of the series, we want you to create your own weapon! This weapon must be drawn in Microsoft Paint (Or the equivilent if you're using an Apple Mac). The actual quality of the art will not win you the prize, its the brilliance of the weapon you've created that will win you this competition!

To enter, you must draw your own weapon however you like. You can base it on other existing weapons, but its your imagination that counts! When you have done that, we want you to compile the weapons statistics you have given it, including ATA, MST, etc. As on Phantasy Star Online, we'd like to hear your weapons statistics, and a short description of it.

COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
WINNER ANNOUNCED
SEE POST #39

Maybe one day it could appear in a Item Database of the future, alike below!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/leeyoshi/comp_pic_weapon.png

When your happy with it, E-Mail it to xiang_lee_yoshi2004@hotmail.com (Putting 'Weapon' in the subject line of the E-Mail). Or if you'd rather, post it here below! But make sure the picture isn't that big, dimension wise or file-size wise!

All entries will be judged by an expert panel, with the winner notified soon after the competition closes next friday, at Midnight. Credit also goes out to GOLDIE for coming up with this idea for a competition!

Good Luck!

COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
WINNER ANNOUNCED
SEE POST #39

Junon
26-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Heres mine ^^

Junon
26-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Heres a bigger version of just the weapon

Lee-yoshi
26-03-2004, 01:10 AM
LMAO!

Great Weapon Junon! That just could be the winning weapon!

Poo stick, HAHAHA :D :P

Schoichet
26-03-2004, 03:13 AM
lol, now hears my awfull consept of a weapen joke!

Edit: 1min when i figur out the new attachment thing

Edit: sory, think i got it tho

Junon
26-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Haha nice one Schoichet, i like the -9 Stars lol :D

Lee-yoshi
26-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Lol, Nice one Schoichet! Theres competition now! ^_^

Special: Annoying :P Hahaha

Phantom_RAcast
26-03-2004, 05:24 PM
heres mine ^_^

Edit: fixed the useable by most classes whoops

Lee-yoshi
26-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Ah, another fine weapon Phantom_RAcast!

Dunno about the ATP required though...its gonna be a while till someone can use it! I notice how you've stated that FOmarls are obviously not strong enough to handle the 'Heavy Sword'!

GOLDIE
26-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Hehe these look good weapons :) .

Can't wait to judge them!

Mini_Bert
27-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Is this a weapon or comedy competition?

GOLDIE
27-03-2004, 01:57 PM
It's a weapon compo but you can make it funny if you like.

Mel
28-03-2004, 06:54 AM
http://melvin.cymoro.com/img/launcher.gif

Lee-yoshi
28-03-2004, 11:16 AM
lol, very nice Bigass MotherF*****g Rocket Launcher Mel! I wouldn't like to be standing near anyone with one of those!

If you could conceal maybe a few of the extravagant words, i'd be very grateful!

Fireball 8995
29-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Here's mine

Lee-yoshi
29-03-2004, 08:31 PM
lol, these weapons get better and better! I don't think you'll find many cars around Ragol though...but at least we know not to act as a Traffic Warden around Rappies!

GOLDIE
29-03-2004, 08:48 PM
There are flying cars tho, have you seen them flying over EP I P2?

Lee-yoshi
29-03-2004, 09:09 PM
There are flying cars tho, have you seen them flying over EP I P2?

Smartass :p

Mini_Bert
29-03-2004, 09:11 PM
....It's quite obvious that the funniest weapon is going to win, so I don't think I'm even gonna bother waisting my time on making one.

Ivan
29-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Hehe, I would, but I donn't have a good imaging program yet and I'm not very funny when it comes to making art...I use jokes from Hollywood Squares Futurama, and Family Guy from the episode that was on last night.

I can at least try...gimme a day er two.

Lee-yoshi
30-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Hehe, I would, but I donn't have a good imaging program yet and I'm not very funny when it comes to making art...I use jokes from Hollywood Squares Futurama, and Family Guy from the episode that was on last night.

I can at least try...gimme a day er two.
You've got until friday which is more then enough time for all i think! This contests judges your creativity, not your humour, but you can by all means make it funny! :P Also all weapons will not be judged on their drawing, just the weapon in question. Drawing it in MS Paint should limit that!

Faulkie
01-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Is it still open? Must... create!

Proj3ct_Zer0
01-04-2004, 10:48 PM
I think I might give it a go :). Sounds really kool and I got a good idea :D

Lee-yoshi
01-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Faulkie i have recieved your entry, and i will post it up tommorrow around 2ish (pm!). Been a bit snowed under tonight with last minute ICT Coursework!

Anyone else who wants to enter has until Midnight tommorrow! 25 hours to go! Look forward to maybe a few more weapons?

Proj3ct_Zer0
01-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Faulkie i have recieved your entry, and i will post it up tommorrow around 2ish (pm!). Been a bit snowed under tonight with last minute ICT Coursework!

Anyone else who wants to enter has until Midnight tommorrow! 25 hours to go! Look forward to maybe a few more weapons?
Ohh god, wheres the paper. Need a pencil. Must be quick :P..

Faulkie
02-04-2004, 10:08 AM
You have to do it on paint. Mine rules!

Zweihander-Zero
02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
i would make one but i cant be bothered :P too much effort for me

Faulkie
02-04-2004, 10:17 AM
It took me about 10 minutes

Zweihander-Zero
02-04-2004, 10:19 AM
ill consider it

Faulkie
02-04-2004, 10:23 AM
hurry up!
Offer ends Today at midnight
Plus, you can win BIG!

Zweihander-Zero
02-04-2004, 10:35 AM
yep ok ok i messed up the quality does that matter?

Faulkie
02-04-2004, 10:46 AM
yep ok ok i messed up the quality does that matter?
No, it's imaginitivity not drawing skills
Hey, take part in my contest (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=26293#post26293)

Zweihander-Zero
02-04-2004, 10:47 AM
will do Faulkie ill be few mins

Faulkie
02-04-2004, 10:50 AM
thanks! My first contestant!

Lee-yoshi
02-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Faulkies Entry:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/leeyoshi/PSO Pics/weap1_faulkie.png

The image may not appear instantly, but will appear once uploaded to my website server!

And on that note, ill be making a weapon database using all of the entered 'weapons' from this competition (On my website - not ragol.co.uk). Look out for a link when the winner is announced sometime tommorrow!

Competition closes tonight at midnight. Good Luck to all who have entered, and will be entering! This has turned out to be quite a competition.

Faulkie
02-04-2004, 03:05 PM
he he he!
That beeping sound a VCR makes is soooo annoying it could be used as a weapon. Thats what I was thinking...

Lee-yoshi
03-04-2004, 02:46 PM
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
WINNER DISPLAYED Post #39

The competition has now closed (Closed yesterday at midnight).

All entries are now being judged, and the winner will hopefully be posted up later tonight. Also a special image gallery displaying everyones entry has been created (Link later with winner announcement). The winner will win Prize Fund 1.

Faulkie
03-04-2004, 06:07 PM
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
WINNER DISPLAYED LATER TONIGHT

The competition has now closed (Closed yesterday at midnight).

All entries are now being judged, and the winner will hopefully be posted up later tonight. Also a special image gallery displaying everyones entry has been created (Link later with winner announcement). The winner will win Prize Fund 1.
Hope I win (probably won't though!) :P

Lee-yoshi
03-04-2004, 09:54 PM
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
WINNER BELOW!!!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/leeyoshi/pso_comp/create-a-weaplogo.png (http://members.lycos.co.uk/leeyoshi/pso_comp/psoweapcomp-pop-up.php)

The winner has now been decided upon. The four judges on our expert panel to make their marks on the weapons (If you call them that!) in questions were, Sol, Ivan, Goldie, and myself! Below are the overall scores. Each judge gave their opinion on each weapon and gave it a percentage rating out of 100. To see each judges score given aswell as comments on the weapons, view the exclusive Competition Weapon Database on my website (http://members.lycos.co.uk/leeyoshi). CLICK HERE (http://members.lycos.co.uk/leeyoshi/pso_weap_comp1.php) to go the webpage with a brief on the competition, or CLICK HERE (http://members.lycos.co.uk/leeyoshi/pso_comp/psoweapcomp-pop-up.php) to visit the image gallery with refreshed versions of all the entered weapons.

The final scores were as follows:
1st Place - Mel (89%)
2nd Place - Junon (86.5%)
3rd Place - Zweihander-Zero (80.75%)
4th Place - Schoichet (65.75%)
5th Place - Fireball_8995 (65%)
6th Place - Phantom_RAcast (61.5%)
7th Place - Faulkie (54%)

So congratulations to Mel for submitting the winning weapon!

You've won Prize Fund 1! To collect the prize, either post below with a time (GMT) for when you are available to collect the several items you've won in this fund through online play of Phantasy Star Online, Episodes I & II for Nintendo Gamecube, or nominate a fellow registered Ragol.co.uk Forum user to either collect it on your behalf or give to keep because you're unable to collect them yourself if maybe you don't play the Gamecube version of the game, or not online.

Thanks to all who entered, and thank you to GOLDIE for coming up with the idea, worked out a treat! And remember, view all the weapons in a image gallery, all nice and neatly layed out, along with each judges score and comment, by Clicking HERE! (http://members.lycos.co.uk/leeyoshi/pso_comp/psoweapcomp-pop-up.php) External Site

Lee-yoshi

GOLDIE
03-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Yes congatulations to all who entered and we hope to do this again soon! Hehe Sol, you had to vote 90% for each one expect the winner :P , even then it was +2% you boring old person :) .

Faulkie
03-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Yes congatulations to all who entered and we hope to do this again soon! Hehe Sol, you had to vote 90% for each one expect the winner :P , even then it was +2% you boring old person :) .
damn, i lost :) oh well...

Junon
04-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Awww... :(

Ivan
04-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Awww... :(

Soz, Junon...we all know you should have won on the count of Mel's fould language :P ^_^; Nice job to everyone. I feel like giving out prizes to runner-ups. That means to renew your HL you lazy bums. :)

Prizes will be awarded to Junon and Zweihander-Zero on either Nintedno gamecube version of Phantasy Star Online I and II or Phantasy Star online episode III. (Renew your HL junon!) If you can't renew at the moment, Ill hold my extra goodies aside for you. Or same thing as Lee, if you can't choose someone else to accept it on your behalf or let them take it.

NOTE: All rewards are 100% legit

Faulkie
04-04-2004, 05:56 PM
can I get a loser prize?

Junon
04-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Nar, its alright man - I just wanted to win, give the items to someone else.

I wont be renewing my HL anytime soon, PSO EP2 servers are dead :/

Faulkie
04-04-2004, 06:55 PM
the ep II servers are ok, aren't they??
Hey, could I have the prize Junon?

Junon
04-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Not Europe, even American servers are pretty dead; since i last went on anyway. Theres plenty of people on the JP servers but unfortunately i cant speak Japanese. Sure word select is good, but you end up sounding like a robot all the time and can never actually say what you want.

I dont see much point in multiplayer games when you cant talk properly. You might aswell play single player - And to be honest PSO gets very boring very fast single player.

Sure you can grab the stuff - If its kay with Ivan

Ivan
04-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Dead means noone plays on 1 and 2 anymore, mostly episode 3...not shut down.

Faulkie
04-04-2004, 07:00 PM
thanks, you're the best!
Online pso is kewl, and there's usually about 500+ people on the American servers when I go on (which is every day)
Ivan! Is it ok with you?

Mel
06-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Give it to Zweihander. Can't take it, I've got an XBox. But tell me what I missed out on anyway so I have a valid excuse to throw something out my window- ::Lunges for his cat::

I'm suprised that none of you know how to use the transparencies in paint when you put text down... o_O

EDIT: Uh, no. Faulkie can't get TWO prizes. xD

Lee-yoshi
06-04-2004, 10:38 AM
lol, ok, the prize goes to Zweihander-Zero. I'll PM the user to let them know! I'll post all the prize funds very soon.

Zweihander-Zero
06-04-2004, 07:48 PM
yay im offline only -_-

Ivan
06-04-2004, 07:59 PM
erm...ok this is odd...two free presents...who should we give to lee? (Don't even ask Faulkie -.-)

GOLDIE
06-04-2004, 08:09 PM
If it can't be settled then we might have to make a raffle type system...

Mini_Bert
06-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Well there are only three more people left who actually entered, ask them first, if only one person wants it then give it to them, if more than one wants it, raffle or ask a skill testing question. If none of them want it you can do 1 of 2 things, either raffle it off to the public or just keep it.

Lee-yoshi
06-04-2004, 10:35 PM
lol, oh man, im gonna sort sumin out with the prizes, they wern't HUGE, it was just a little something extra anyways. Im not sure anyone is gonna hugely miss them! I'll make a seperate thread about them all soon probabily, im quite sure there's easter competitions that can be held, hint hint... :P