PDA

View Full Version : (Legit or hacked items)--EXPLAINED

kyomatsu
08-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Just wanted to point out that dupes and hacks are completly different, some people dont realize that yet, so im here to explain.

A dupe does not change the percentages of weapons, most people think this so here ill break it down for you =D

A dupe is just a copy of a legit, or hacked item.

A hack can change the percentages of a item, using a USB memory card.

Thank you,
Kyo

GOLDIE
08-03-2004, 06:09 PM
People always think that % makes an item a dupe, and now that you (with all your experience) have shed some light upon them to understand that %s don't always mean an item is a dupe. Keep posting threads like these if you can, they seem to get good feedback.

kyomatsu
08-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks goldie =D

I like to help people as much as i can, in real life, in video games, even in fourms, i hope i can help alot here =D

GOLDIE
08-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks goldie =D

I like to help people as much as i can, in real life, in video games, even in fourms, i hope i can help alot here =D

Don't worry, you are in my oppinion.

Ivan
08-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Same here.

On a side note, I'd like to add that percents can be added legitimantly by getting some data in the West Tower quest for Pagini (The man you give photon drops, remember?) And he'll add percents to your weps of your choice.

Photon Drop = 5% of any attribute
Photon Sphere = 30% of any attribute

Don't be fooled, you can't raise hit. So if someone claims to have risin the hit legitmantly..thats impossible.

kyomatsu
08-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Good job ivan, see i lost internet for my game cube, and havent been on over 6 months, and i kinda forgot :(

Thanks =D

decswxaqz
08-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Isn't it 30 p drops? Instead of just 1?

Zweihander-Zero
08-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Isn't it 30 p drops? Instead of just 1?
it must be otherwise 6 pd would be = to 1 photon sphere

Ton
09-03-2004, 02:04 AM
its 99pd to a ps, right?

Ivan
09-03-2004, 02:07 AM
Yes Ton your right. So just stick with using photon drops. Bacause in the end. if you do the math right, you'll waste more photon drops trying to make a sphere.

Ton
09-03-2004, 02:12 AM
except for that thing where u give him pd or ps and he gives u a random item out of several items, i think pss or better.

Ivan
09-03-2004, 02:14 AM
Gallon's Shop? And he only exchanges Photon Drops for random Items

Lionheart
09-03-2004, 04:21 AM
yeah he doesnt accept PS's, only PD's. He gives you a PS when you give him 99 PD's. Maybe thats what youre thinking.

GOLDIE
09-03-2004, 06:02 PM
See these to clear up all the confusion.

http://www.ragol.co.uk/guides/EpVFpkEkyAfDrGNogR.shtml
http://www.ragol.co.uk/guides/EpVFpZEyEFCIgFGNyU.shtml

:)

Sheik
22-03-2004, 05:17 PM
People always moan and groan about dupes. Thank you for posting the differences between the two so people will see that dupes are not the spawn of Satan. I don't use hacks and the dupes I have are just emergency backups.

Lionheart
22-03-2004, 10:29 PM
same here, ive only duped my sranks as back ups (im not doing cmode 14 times again...) and my current equipment in case i corrupt.

Richy
01-04-2004, 07:32 PM
what u two said goes for me o i only need dupes as backups just incase of fsod which i hate :@

Lionheart
03-04-2004, 02:22 AM
well you dont lose your items in FSOD anymore just your money. But still you do lose EVERYTHING in FSODX (corruption). I hate it when people think im illegit just because of backups, as i said, my life isnt any easier fromt them right now...

Faulkie
03-04-2004, 11:54 AM
well you dont lose your items in FSOD anymore just your money. But still you do lose EVERYTHING in FSODX (corruption). I hate it when people think im illegit just because of backups, as i said, my life isnt any easier fromt them right now...
I use the technique.
i.e. open the disc cover
pull out memory card
THEN turn off
It's saved my ass loads of times

Lionheart
03-04-2004, 06:32 PM
yeah thats the very same method ive posted here at one time or another. But now its unneccessary as you only lose your money.

Omar
10-05-2004, 11:00 AM
well you dont lose your items in FSOD anymore just your money.
Yes you do lose your items. People seem to have problems understanding that there are different kinds of FSODs.

If you FSOD when first entering a lobby, then you will only lose meseta, but if you FSOD at another time (mid-game, re-entering lobby etc.) then you will lose all of your unequipped items.

Ivan
10-05-2004, 09:03 PM
What do you mean by re-entering a lobby? Like transferring to a different one?

dez2049
10-05-2004, 09:23 PM
what does the hit percentage do? and is that photn drop gut only on online mode? cus i hav sum photon drops lagging around offline...

Lionheart
10-05-2004, 09:24 PM
well you cant really fsod mid game, but youre right, if you turn off the game without saving mid game you lose all unequipped stuff

zigz
12-05-2004, 03:54 PM
well you cant really fsod mid game, but youre right, if you turn off the game without saving mid game you lose all unequipped stuff
you can. ive fsod in vol opt v.2 thats how i lost my first spread needle.
ive found another two since then, with the same character, i kept the 2nd, and, i promised the next to my friend. guess what? it dropped, and he got it with hit arggghhhhh... 30 to be exact.

ive lost twin psychos before as well, but i searched and found. theyre my favorite weapon out of any in the game!

Lionheart
12-05-2004, 09:40 PM
thats really rare then and its probably a sign in your GC or disk. On any GC game, if it freezes it makes that BEHHHHHHH noise that you get in FSOD. And its the same affect as turning off the game without saving while online. In the year and a half ive been online, thats never once happened to me, and ive corrupted twice!