PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell if it is legit or not

Shinryu
10-02-2004, 02:52 PM
People on other site forums are asking for "legit" god powers but how can you tell, there as good as the real thing.

Duo
10-02-2004, 03:38 PM
People on other site forums are asking for "legit" god powers but how can you tell, there as good as the real thing.

Well usually when someone just GIVES away a rare item like god/anything or a TJ sword or a mag over level 300 then you can tell its a dupe. And many people want to boast that they're uber powerful characters were achieved all through their own hard work and not through dupes so thats why people prefer legit. I mean not to mention you'd earn the nickname of hacker, duper, or cheater by owning, giving, or trading duped items. I also tend to see those people as noobs who cant do a dang thing for themselves. Just look at me i've got levels 65, 43, 38 characters who have rares that i earned through all my own. They may not be powerful level 100 characters but at least they're not level 200 characters that i created for the sole purpose of being powerful. At least that's my opinion :p

Shinryu
10-02-2004, 03:43 PM
i have a level 56 Hucaseal on the gamecube version and she has weps like inferno bazooka, delsaber sheild and sword (my favourite), yamato, and flowen swords. but some item are imposible to get lucky them weps are crap.

Xenoti
04-04-2004, 07:03 AM
i have a level 56 Hucaseal on the gamecube version and she has weps like inferno bazooka, delsaber sheild and sword (my favourite), yamato, and flowen swords. but some item are imposible to get lucky them weps are crap.

i have single 200 character. the only thing i do is dupe rares i have, and store them on a separate mem card. then only thing i use the lvl 200 for is a better rare drop ratio. cus in ultimate with my Humar skyly...i always come out of forest with at least one justy 23st, flowens swoord, and dragons claw...i mean its nice to be able to go and get items with little effort then bargain for weapons or items you can seem to find cus of your stupid SecID..cus i really wanted a belra's right arm to make, and a meteor cudgel, and spread needle. but those just dont drop for a skyly.

i admit uber hackers and dupers suck i with you on that. but for personal use i believe is ok.

GOLDIE
04-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Well you should use your common scene to decide whether an item is duped or not. Would you trust a level 65 Purplenum giving you a Sealed J-Sword or a level 154 Oran giving you a twin chakram? Just use your head and go for the level 154, Orans find daggers all the time and at that level they should rack up a good total of chakrams in their bank...

Orrr you can just stick to not trading and only trust your closest legit friends, which is the best technique to use!

Xenoti
04-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Well you should use your common scene to decide whether an item is duped or not. Would you trust a level 65 Purplenum giving you a Sealed J-Sword or a level 154 Oran giving you a twin chakram? Just use your head and go for the level 154, Orans find daggers all the time and at that level they should rack up a good total of chakrams in their bank...

Orrr you can just stick to not trading and only trust your closest legit friends, which is the best technique to use!

on a side note of that. if you are goin to play, know your character and SecID drops...at http://www.ragol.co.uk/dropcharts.shtml there are handy little charts that tell what rares will drop for what SecID from what monster at what difficulty in what level. so to not get jacked online. know your ssstuff.

Edit: Offsite Linking :)

Faulkie
04-04-2004, 05:49 PM
You're fratinising with the enemy! (pso world) lol
My brother used hacked and duped stuff like there's no tomorrow!

Xenoti
05-04-2004, 05:55 AM
You're fratinising with the enemy! (pso world) lol
My brother used hacked and duped stuff like there's no tomorrow!

fratinising with the enemy! what are you bitch about. if its PSO its PSO

'A Rose bye any other name is still a Rose' ....at least to me thats the case.

and when they have free, and accurate resources...theres no comparison here. i havent seen a forum there. or resource charts, maps, SecID calculators here...so if you want it all..you have to have the best of both worlds.

so dont tell me im fratinizing with the enemy

Faulkie
05-04-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry
But I prefer this site :P

decswxaqz
05-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Calm down people

Faulkie
05-04-2004, 01:59 PM
???
What do you mean? This site is better! :P

Not like me to say this but... *Dresses up as GOLDIE*.
This thread is way off topic.
*locked*
Wait! I don't have locking powers...

GOLDIE
05-04-2004, 05:06 PM
???
What do you mean? This site is better! :P

Not like me to say this but... *Dresses up as GOLDIE*.
This thread is way off topic.
*locked*
Wait! I don't have locking powers...

I think I'm getting a reputation :P.

Back on topic :D.

Ivan
05-04-2004, 08:31 PM
How the hell do you dress up as GOLDIE?

God Powers...hmmm. Well, you have to think about it, if the person says they've found it and they aren't the section ID you need to find it, (Redria I think) don't take it, it's not legit. especially if that person traded to get it. You have no idea where it's been. I would go to the item database they have on PSO Quest and it should tell what Section ID you need. The reason why Im suggesting them is they mind their own business and don't bother other sites unlike PSOworld. >_<

Thesord
05-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Don't take free God/[insert name],their bound to be fakes,and btw,redria is important because it's the only 1 that gets God/Battle(Not sure if this was the name,haven't played for a while :( ).

Ivan
06-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Yeah, but no stealing Kazejin...find your own redria name :P

Omar
28-04-2004, 08:49 AM
and when they have free, and accurate resources...theres no comparison here. i havent seen a forum there. or resource charts, maps, SecID calculators here...so if you want it all..you have to have the best of both worlds.

so dont tell me im fratinizing with the enemy
You obviously haven't looked hard enough :P
The forum at PSOW has 1000s of members.

Some of the God units are actually quite common for some id's (My Redria found loads of God/Bodys when I was hunting for a Magic Rock: Moola in Vhard Caves). I gave some of them away, but only to people I knew. If a stranger gives you decent stuff, then they are probably dupes.

SupplyDroid
29-04-2004, 02:25 AM
Did I mention my policy about hackers and dupes? You know, the one...with the creepy creatures and teh converting...yeah...back to the subject

It really depends. Most of PSO Epi 1 and 2 is corrupted with dupes and stuff, but there are still some people that you can find that are fully legit. PSOW isn't one of them, however, not fully that is. Many people here have told me about many non-legit people on PSOW. Essentially, you have to think of it this way: Rare for rare trades typically indicate a legit trade, or at least close enough to be considered. Redrias btw are the only ID that can find ANY god attachments. They Rock! :bandit: :bandit:

Ria
29-04-2004, 02:22 PM
So duped items corrupt your luck or something?

Orphen
29-04-2004, 04:28 PM
So duped items corrupt your luck or something?

Oh, Um no, they dont, but it may seem that way, because you would probably be spoiled from the good dupes that you have, so hat the rares that you do find really dont mean too much to you, it seems like you have less luck that way.

but the Stat: LUCK, only refers to thwe amount of critical hits you get, please, everyone know, that LUCK DOES NOT affect the amount of rares you get.

Faulkie
29-04-2004, 08:01 PM
thats good to know, thanks

Lionheart
29-04-2004, 10:57 PM
did you mean redria is the only id that can find "ALL" or "ANY" because ive found god minds before with my skyly from a Nar lily and also my purplenum (i dont even remember where from with him), and a god/hp with my purplenum (wait...i think im mixing these up somehow but i know i found them myself, didnt trade for any of my stuff).

EDIT: oh! and a shoo-in way to figure out if something is hacked (or massively duped) is to know and check %s. If a weapon has 100% on anything, its most likely a hack (or maybe a dupe, if the person duped the PDs to put the 100% and then dupe the weapon, thats a possibility). Also if you know the %s on most dupes, then you can always tell by looking at the %s. of course this only helps you with weapons, not armor or slots.

zero132132
30-04-2004, 02:47 PM
I love my redria. No stealing the name Zero. I want God/Battle so very much. And redrias do find every god/(insert name) I think.

Ivan
30-04-2004, 02:50 PM
I do think you find, all, if not, most. So redria and whitills are quite good. Redrias for assistance, and whitills for weapons.

Judgment
30-04-2004, 03:12 PM
yeah we can find them all. i never realised that before :D

Ivan
30-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Why did I delete Kazejin then...? -.-; 3 more news chars to level this weekend. Geez! :@

Lionheart
30-04-2004, 03:49 PM
well Leon is my Redria but hes my mule (he holds all my rares) so i dont level him. Sliced_Bread is my friends HUct and hes redria (thats the friend that has the other 3 IDs i dont have and between us weve gotten everything).

Faulkie
30-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Venatio is my redria, he is a fonewm and his name means 'hunt' in latin.

Judgment
30-04-2004, 05:38 PM
wait there is one god thing we cant find god ability :'(

Lionheart
30-04-2004, 11:29 PM
lol that, and god/hp and god battle are the only ones worth equipping. Oh and maybe god/tp as a FO (but my FOnl at level 120 has aroun 3000tp so i dont really need it :P )

Faulkie
01-05-2004, 09:55 PM
what about god mind?!

Ivan
02-05-2004, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't say they matter too much unless you're using it to tweak a new character. Most older (By which I mean, a higher level) characters already have very high mind, if not maxed.

Faulkie
02-05-2004, 06:14 AM
Oh yeah, but + 160 mind is fun at lv 32!

(Do ya think my 4 god minds are duped? I got them from different people who said they found them)

Ivan
02-05-2004, 06:43 AM
I think you would be alright if they were/had high level characters.

GOLDIE
02-05-2004, 09:33 AM
People dont just give god/minds away though =/.

Faulkie
02-05-2004, 10:17 AM
I specifically asked for one though... so I dunno.

Ivan
02-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Were the character(s) high levels?

Lionheart
02-05-2004, 04:44 PM
well its most likely that the God minds are duped, i find a bunch and i still wouldnt just hand them out (unless i have more than 8, which i dont, i only have 4).

Orphen
03-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah, they are probably duped, althouth with viridia I found a nar lily in very hard, got a god mind with it, and those are pretty common creatures. I also get alot of god powers from mil lilies in episode 1, but mil lilies in episode 2 give me Standstill shield! >D I have like 7.

Faulkie
03-05-2004, 05:53 PM
I dunno then...

GOLDIE
03-05-2004, 06:09 PM
I would say they are duped

Faulkie
03-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Darn! I don't use Rouge too much anyway...

Judgment
03-05-2004, 06:30 PM
who would make a item with minus 20 hit anyway :S

Junon
03-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Ragol has all the item information you could need...

http://www.ragol.co.uk/dropcharts.shtml

http://www.ragol.co.uk/items.shtml

I dont see why people keep telling everyone to go to other sites :P

SupplyDroid
03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Actually the game itself includes items that have minus hit % on them naturally...ive got a Mahu with -5% to hit.

Faulkie
03-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah my friend found a weapon with -% in the DC version.

Judgment
03-05-2004, 07:12 PM
but Kefka says you cant get less than with -10%

GOLDIE
03-05-2004, 07:49 PM
-5% is the least you can get....

Judgment
03-05-2004, 08:30 PM
-5% then ;)

Lionheart
04-05-2004, 05:17 AM
yeah because when you tekk an item, the percents can change by 10% up or down. Since if its at 0%, it cant be changed, you cant get less than -5%

Jakaal
18-06-2004, 01:52 AM
Just about those God Minds, mayeb they weren't dupes. I mean, me and my two friends were playing offline (I think it was in VHard) and we found two! (Unfortunatley neither one was for my turn to get a rare)

Lionheart
18-06-2004, 05:13 PM
i was never saying that god/minds are rare (I've found 6 myself) but few people would just give them away (I'm very generous and I give a lot of good stuff away to people at this site but even I need my God/Minds so I wouldn't just hand them out).