PDA

View Full Version : Videogame Arthritis

WanderinFox
10-02-2004, 08:05 AM
Here's an interesting Query =)
Which videogame has caused most joint pain?
Something that had you jamming buttons like crazy or squeezing L&R triggers so bad that you were feeling it later!

The worst I've played so far was SSX Tricky back when I first bought my Gamecube the thanksgiving after they came out.

I've been taking Aleve ever since.

Lee-yoshi
10-02-2004, 11:04 AM
International Track & Field for the Nintendo64

You will not find a more button bashing, control stick twirling, hand sore-making game then that!!! I remember playing that game, and it's because of that im the master at fast continous button tapping! I remember it well...the swimming contests, the javelin, the hammer throw...and the worst...the weightlifting...oooo my hands had never been so red and scathed! Worth it though! lol

They should bring out another I.T&F game, they were the best!

Aaron_Blitzmage
10-02-2004, 07:20 PM
1 word Dance Dance Revolution err 3.
You know stepping on those pads getting worn out trying to keep with the steps totally crazy.

SupplyDroid
10-02-2004, 07:42 PM
I never played sports games like that...but one of the WORST ouches ive had on the Nintendo 64 was...Mario Party 1. That's right. How could i possibly get a blister on the palm of my hand from playing THAT game? Well, simply, using the palm of my hand to rotate the Control Stick much faster than with fingers helped...100% of the cause v.v but MP was pretty good....though all of them could get a better replay value v.v

Phantom_RAcast
10-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout

all of those combos

Lee-yoshi
11-02-2004, 12:00 AM
lol
SupplyDroid if you thought that was hard....you REALLY don't want to play International Track & Field. Your hands havent got red until you've played that!!! I almost broke the control stick on several occasions, let alone my hand!!

SupplyDroid
11-02-2004, 03:18 AM
i DID break my control stick on Mario Party! mwahahaha! :eek: :D

Ton
11-02-2004, 03:28 AM
i know someone who broke their controller from goldeneye. as for me? i would say metroid fusion, ridley. so many missiles. easy boss, but i had to press the A button with the R button so fast.

Zer0
11-02-2004, 04:16 AM
i DID break my control stick on Mario Party! mwahahaha! :eek: :D

I believe that i broke it to. ON the water raft thing where you spin the control stick around. It chipped in half. Good thing i wasnt playing some little boy that was Hecka good at it.

Ton
11-02-2004, 07:26 AM
yah, mini games lead to broken controllers. stupid press l and r games. get so addictive.

Thesord
11-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Mario Party 1,of course! :rolleyes:

decswxaqz
11-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Couldn't put my crappy fingers down to one game, but general over playing of games....
Samba de Amigo made my physically tired from playing (apart from looking cool whilst doing it :rolleyes:).
Deus Ex made my fingers hurt from constant playing.... Commandos 1&2 made fingers & brain hurt. I hate having to remember what 30 different keys do to play a game -.- but it's worth it ^_^.

I hate button bashing games like athletic games >_<

Stormblad
11-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Any game that you play with the GameboySP. The box shape and smallness makes it hard on your hands.

Akutenshi
12-02-2004, 05:02 AM
1 word Dance Dance Revolution err 3.
You know stepping on those pads getting worn out trying to keep with the steps totally crazy.

I agree with that. Especially on Challenge Mode songs.

Proj3ct_Zer0
12-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Id say Mario Party aswell. The controllers on it are crazy and can make your hands and joints hurt after a while :(

Ton
15-02-2004, 09:28 PM
any timed shooter. ;)

K8lin
15-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Any of the mario parties on N64, MY GOD! Anything that required the stick to be rotated, ouchies that hurt my hand alot :( Good games tho :D

Ivan
15-02-2004, 10:33 PM
The Friday I got Soul Calibur 2 I played it from the time I got home, all night through to saturday afternoon. All the combos I was learning, not only was I tired, when I put down the controller, I moved my index finger and thumb to take out the memory card and I swear they hurt like a son-of-a-bitch :D

Proj3ct_Zer0
15-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Any of the mario parties on N64, MY GOD! Anything that required the stick to be rotated, ouchies that hurt my hand alot :( Good games tho :D

I actually used to get blisters and cuts on my hand from rotating the stick with my palm. Hurt like hell :rolleyes:

K8lin
16-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah same for me, it was those games where you'd be in a boat or pedal for something...ah the pain, comes flooding back :|

Lee-yoshi
16-02-2004, 10:25 PM
lol, my hands built up a resistance to those kinda things now!

Ton
17-02-2004, 08:10 PM
first time i played one of the mvc. i think it was x men vs capcom or something, like 5 years ago. i played it at my house and my cousins house all day, and my hand were killing me.

WanderinFox
17-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah.
Forgot that gameboys can be a pain in the ass for my hands.
I got my Gamecube Keyboard Controller the other day. WOW, talk about awkward! My wrists were starting to get sore from playing PSO with it for only a few minutes!

Hyozanryu
17-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Shoot all the mario parties and 4 & 5 the worst. on 4 the mini-game Domination me and a frind got around 220 botton presses(each) in what ever time limit they give. on 5 the hammer mingame that comes out of the ground and the use-your-psy-powers-to-make-the-plant-heathy-again minigame.My arm has cramp out one time from doing about 5 of the plant game in a row it was very fun. :D