PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Heroes

Beat X500
18-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Hey guys i have summit pretty cool 2 tell u. I was out sk8in the other day when i sat down on a bench and saw the latest argos catalogue, and i jus thought id take a quick look at the games and in the GC bit they already have sonic heroes to buy for 37.99!!! Any ideas on how they got it already? anyways i am gettin it at the end of january

Lee-yoshi
20-01-2004, 09:32 PM
If you look around the page it'll probabily say somewhere that the games actual release date is in Spring 2004, and that you can only order the item from the day of its release. If it doesnt, you can sue them for mis-advertising, and then ill do it too because ive got a copy of the catalogue! lol

Its not the first time something like that has happened though. When i was working at GAME last christmas this person came into the store and asked me if Halo 2 was out because aparently they ordered it from a certain catalogue and according to the lady who deals with the orders, the game was in the post and on its way to them! LMAO! I wonder what happened....

Beat X500
20-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Nope it doesnt say anything about a later release, can you really sue?:D lol

decswxaqz
20-01-2004, 09:46 PM
If you look at the bottom of the topic about Billy Hather, I put a load of links there. It says it's out in Feb.

Beat X500
20-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Ok, ok who voted that they hate sonic?! How can u hate him when hes so cool?!

Lee-yoshi
20-01-2004, 10:18 PM
LMAO, wotta mood shift!

Go into Argos and ask for a copy of Sonic Heroes, see what excuse she gives u!

Beat X500
20-01-2004, 10:21 PM
i think i will actually

Lee-yoshi
20-01-2004, 10:33 PM
LOL, let me know of that response! I bet u a good deal of cash that the response you'll get is...'Misprint'!

Beat X500
20-01-2004, 10:41 PM
LOL i kno, but its pretty hard to misprint sumthing THAT obvious, i mean you'd understand if it was one word or phrase, argos ppl are stupid *looks around 4 argos staff nervously*

Thesord
20-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Great game,though it has flaws on multyplayer.

Beat X500
21-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Thesord, have u played it already??

Lee-yoshi
21-01-2004, 03:49 PM
http://www.gamespy.com/grudge/2004.01/run.jpg

hehe, wotta relevant picture! I wonder if ill be running that fast when Sonic Heroes comes out! lol

Mini_Bert
21-01-2004, 05:44 PM
lol, thats a great pic lee

Beat X500
21-01-2004, 05:47 PM
how did you get that picture lee? is that actually in the game?(i doubt it but i might as well ask)

Aaron_Blitzmage
21-01-2004, 05:51 PM
1 word.... Abode Photoshop or paint shop pro or just paint....
wait thats 9....

Lee-yoshi
21-01-2004, 05:56 PM
lol, actually i just saw it on the GameSpy website because i noticed that the current voting poll was Yoshi Vs. Tails! lol I doubt very much i could make something that good....well actually i could, itd just take a bit longer!!

Beat X500
21-01-2004, 05:56 PM
I can beleive the others but Paint? come on

Thesord
23-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Lol,no I haven't played it yet,but I've seen alot of reviews.
I even have a little movie of the game.:D

Beat X500
26-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Has anyone been in GAME recently? They are offering you a free plyable demo of the game if you place a 1.99 deposit (preorder) thats a great little offer to keep you going 'till the full game arrives!:D

Thesord
28-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Lol.
But I don't think there'll be much trouble 4 that,only 9 days left..:)
(Well,actually more where I am,games get here about a week later so about 16 days 4 me?"/%&""%:mad: ).

Beat X500
02-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Hey lee i went into Argos and asked for sonic heroes, guess what, i got the Misprint treatment, man they are stupid

Lee-yoshi
03-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey lee i went into Argos and asked for sonic heroes, guess what, i got the Misprint treatment, man they are stupid

LMFAO, wotta loada idiots! :rolleyes:

I feel a lawsuit coming on! hehe ;)

Beat X500
03-02-2004, 05:38 PM
heh heh my solicitor shall hear of this.....eventually

decswxaqz
08-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Either I've gotten really really bad at computer games, or Sonic Heroes is hard! :S
I've been dying a lot more than usual on this game.... I've gotten stuck on Rail Canyon and it's annoying. And the camera and controls can still be as dodgey as ever, and this is about the 4th incarnation of the 3D Sonic since the Dreamcast over 4 years ago >_<. They should have gotten it right by now.....
I might end up taking it back because I really don't think it's me... Maybe it is though, maybe I'm getting slow in my old age....

Thesord
08-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Ouch.
As usual,it didn't get released here in the usual date,besides,the ps2 and xbox's versions got released on the right date.The GC sinks even lower here "=%)(&"%"% :( :mad:

Beat X500
08-02-2004, 01:32 AM
to be quite honest, i dont think it has lived up to the hype, dont get me wrong, its a wicked game, but alot of what I have seen level-wise is similar to the two previous 3D sonic Games (battle and DX) and they were in my opinion alot better especially SA2. Dunno if i should still buy it for my xbox now.

Thesord
08-02-2004, 01:35 AM
Trust me,it's better than the other 2,besides,the levels are bigger..

Beat X500
08-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Has anyone seen that advert for SH yet? Its quite funny. Its about "Have you got what it takes to be a Heroe? Then join the Sonic Heroes NOW", and it has this music which i recognise on it but i dont know what it is.LOL

decswxaqz
08-02-2004, 12:14 PM
It's the A-team music. That's why they said "JOIN THE SONIC TEAM". Weird how it didn't show the other teams =/.
The levels are now huge!!! I mean it takes about 10mins for me to do one. And that's just going through the levels the first time, killing stuff. I'd unhappy they left the emblems/ranks in. I always get E rank, and you can only really get an A rank if you get there fast.

I'm not sure how many levels there are. At the start of the game, you have 3 days to save the world. Now I'm on about the 5th level, and got till sunset =/.

Beat X500
08-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Aaah yah thats it.

I think there are about 13 levels. And as alot of you have said they are huge, but if you play as Team Rose the levels are ALOT shorter and easier. You'll see what I mean if you try them out.

Oh and is there a Chao Garden on this game, coz that was a great little addition to SA2:Battle

Thesord
08-02-2004, 01:18 PM
I think not.
Btw,decs,weren't the scores supposed to be based on points,no matter how late u finish? :confused:

Aaron_Blitzmage
08-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Speed and Points

Thesord
08-02-2004, 03:11 PM
So now we can't stop 4 some rings... :rolleyes:
It's going to be harder than I thought. :cool:

decswxaqz
08-02-2004, 03:57 PM
The rank is based on score mostly. In Sonic Adventure 2, when you had like collect 100 rings, that was time based. But for general, complete the level, it's score. If you get a fast time, you get loads of points. But if you go for ring score, getting hit is just a kick in the teeth.

I've not seen a chao garden which is really annoying >_<. I really wanted chao. Although they really do go retro with some of the things. Just playing the jungle levels and the big mushrooms that bounce you in the air and the sound effects are from the first level on Sonic & Knuckles for the Mega Drive. The special stage is from Sonic 2. But I miss the chao. They only make a few appearances so far :(.

Duo
08-02-2004, 04:07 PM
The rank is based on score mostly. In Sonic Adventure 2, when you had like collect 100 rings, that was time based. But for general, complete the level, it's score. If you get a fast time, you get loads of points. But if you go for ring score, getting hit is just a kick in the teeth.

I've not seen a chao garden which is really annoying >_<. I really wanted chao. Although they really do go retro with some of the things. Just playing the jungle levels and the big mushrooms that bounce you in the air and the sound effects are from the first level on Sonic & Knuckles for the Mega Drive. The special stage is from Sonic 2. But I miss the chao. They only make a few appearances so far :(.

I was kinda mad when i didn't see the chao garden too. But i'm glad that they added in the special stages. Those always were fun. Now for the partly 3D ones where you had to turn all the spheres red. lol any normal sonic fan will know what i'm talking about. And i thought the game was quite fun, until of course my friend lent me his copy of PSO ( and i got online) lol

decswxaqz
08-02-2004, 04:12 PM
o_O I loved those sphere levels, and I hate these running down tube ones.....

Sol
08-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Running down tubes? Like in sonic2?? Damn they were AWESOME!

Aaron_Blitzmage
08-02-2004, 04:38 PM
I wanted chao gardern...Poor chao :(

Thesord
08-02-2004, 05:08 PM
With the special stages,could this mean that u can turn super when u get 50 rings,like STH2 and 'STH2:Sonic and Knucles'?

Beat X500
08-02-2004, 09:08 PM
The special stage that I loved the most was the tube one from S3D, the music for that was groovy, thats what I loved about it so much.

Thesord
08-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Surely there might be a secret mode for chao!
Besides,I'm pretty sure there will since on the next Sonic Advance there will probably be(Cough-conectivity-cough).

Aaron_Blitzmage
15-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Game compleated in 3 days with my uber l33t gaming skills like a ninja!
All teams including last mission.
I must admit it put up a challange now all I gotta do is collect all the emblems.

K8lin
15-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Getting it as soon as I get the cash

Corleone
17-02-2004, 08:38 PM
:mad:
I'm soooo friggin jealous!
a friend got it 2 days ago, and I havent even touched or seen the box :mad:
grrrrr...

Aaron_Blitzmage
17-02-2004, 10:20 PM
I still wish they put chao in...Whats sonic without chao.

Thesord
17-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Well,the game sometimes is 90%,at others is 70%.
But what's with the special stages?
Sometimes I have the key and it doesn't start the special at the end.
And btw do I only get emeralds on the 2nd level of each stage?

Aaron_Blitzmage
18-02-2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah There are 7 and you get them on even numbers of the stage.
The keys go away if you are hit or die.

decswxaqz
18-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah that really sucks how the keys disappear if you get hit. Most of the time it's not really down to my fault. :mad:.

Chao are in it. They drop the bombs and spheres in the special stage. And chao also appear in Billy Hatcher :).

Aaron_Blitzmage
18-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah they must of got demoted to flying in ballons littering in pipes and being secrets in games.

Sd28
23-02-2004, 03:15 PM
the game is good but it has too many glitchs which kill you like when you hit a rail boost when fighting the al botross stupid cheap assed boss .Er sorrry what i mean is it will boost you straight off the platform to your doom and thats only one ther are many . by the whay hwho else thinks that tails and knuxs are usseless in the last story as sonic could easly take him on his own

decswxaqz
25-02-2004, 12:28 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3507773.stm

The essential simplicity of the game - 2D, speedy side-scrolling action, ring collection - made it immediately accessible.

Speed in itself is not necessarily off-putting, but the combination of speed and repetition is something I am increasingly intolerant of in games.

Taken from the same story -.- What an idiot.

"The fast pace made it great."
then
"I hate fast games"

Give me a break

At least in something like F-Zero GX, the speed has a fluidity and continuity.

Some people just haven't got a clue about the dribble they talk about.

Sd28
26-02-2004, 02:21 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3507773.stm

Taken from the same story -.- What an idiot.

"The fast pace made it great."
then
"I hate fast games"

Give me a break

Some people just haven't got a clue about the dribble they talk about.

your right there ive just read the gboss guide in nintendo magazine and i dont think they do what they are taking about they say that you should use the bounce attack on most bosses and you dont have a bounce attack.also in there reveiw they said that it is a ggood game and then start talking about mario about half way through

Corleone
01-03-2004, 09:30 PM
omfg.. I expected this game to be ass-kiking-good, but.. IT SUCKS!
graphics are terrible, and wtf is some "team chaos", with some f*ckin crocodile, in a sonic game??? and the gameplay aint that good either.. it's too slow (even with sonic).. guess Ill just have to start with SDX again... :mad:

Faulkie
01-03-2004, 09:37 PM
omfg.. I expected this game to be ass-kiking-good, but.. IT SUCKS!
graphics are terrible, and wtf is some "team chaos", with some f*ckin crocodile, in a sonic game??? and the gameplay aint that good either.. it's too slow (even with sonic).. guess Ill just have to start with SDX again... :mad:

I will NOT accept such insults against sonic heroes! You should be hung, drawn and quartered! (maybe that's a wee bit extreme)

decswxaqz
01-03-2004, 09:54 PM
The graphics are nice. Team Chaotix have been in the Sonic Universe for a whie, but just aren't as well known. They were in Sonic the Comic and they even had their own game. And the theme behind some of their activities/abilities were the basis of the never released Sonic 4 on the Mega Drive although you can get a beta version of it.

I'm one of the biggest Sonic/Sega fans in the world but I have to agree that Sonic Heroes is the worst recent Sonic game I've played.

Faulkie
01-03-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm one of the biggest Sonic/Sega fans in the world but I have to agree that Sonic Heroes is the worst recent Sonic game I've played.
I'm a HUGE fan too but I loved heroes... am I alone?

Shadamoo
01-03-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm a HUGE fan too but I loved heroes... am I alone?

Nah, same as me. I have all the emblems, and 80+ A ranks to boot. No-one has ever beaten me on 2P Mode, and also, in reply to another post, Chao. How are the Chao demoted. Sure, theres no garden, but hey. Have you ever set Cheese the Chao on one of those giant robots with the helmets (Final Fortress)? Has to be the funniest thing I saw all week. Honest.

Sd28
04-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Nah, same as me. I have all the emblems, and 80+ A ranks to boot. No-one has ever beaten me on 2P Mode, and also, in reply to another post, Chao. How are the Chao demoted. Sure, theres no garden, but hey. Have you ever set Cheese the Chao on one of those giant robots with the helmets (Final Fortress)? Has to be the funniest thing I saw all week. Honest.

do you one of the e200 series or the one with the hammer

Shadamoo
14-03-2004, 06:06 PM
do you one of the e200 series or the one with the hammer

Ones with the hammer, and they have the helmets you have to knock off too. If Cream is Lv3, I think that Cheese actually kills the enemies, not just chases them in circles madly....

114 A Ranks now! Thanks to my elite Sonic gaming skills!

Sd28
30-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Ones with the hammer, and they have the helmets you have to knock off too. If Cream is Lv3, I think that Cheese actually kills the enemies, not just chases them in circles madly....

114 A Ranks now! Thanks to my elite Sonic gaming skills!

cheese sucks in this game he takes way to long to attack