PDA

View Full Version : Updated Tos for pso2 (8/8)

dnd
08-08-2012, 06:09 AM
August 8, 2012 from 11:00 (Wed)
Terms of Use "Phantasy Star Online 2" will be revised as follows.
The Section 8 specifies a new Article 2.
(Use of game servers) Article 2 of
this connection to the game server 8., you shall be limited to the connection from the software that is installed on the terminal exists in Japan.
It is prohibited to connect via a direct connection to Japan from abroad, and a terminal located in Japan and from outside Japan.

So now its breaking the ToS to even connect to the jap version, interesting developments, but its sega, so I'm not worried. This also existed in the closed alpha/beta testing phases but no-one was ip banned from outside of Japan

Thoughts?

K_I_R_E_E_K
08-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Maybe to many outsiders and they can't handle it, EU and US servers may be required to support this many ppl.
They may also want to avoid cheaters, but that wouldn't make sense since anyone can cheat, even jp players.
It could also mean they aren't getting consistant data from players, maybe future events are based on how the jp players play and what do they want, with US and EU players in the mix maybe the data is unreliable (assuming US, EU and JP players are all different)

Beat X500
08-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Kotaku article about this here: http://kotaku.com/5932792/phantasy-star-online-2-is-now-japan-only-sorry

dnd
10-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Another update, from the producers blog (original link here: http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11324870702.html )

For our players that are connected from abroad is good, because I think we also play many of you are already working, and you do not want the interruption of the connection as much as possible. However, if you keep bad situations from abroad with a focus on the future is made, not forced to take more stringent measures. I think the terms of this change is for the purpose player against some of the heartless fraud, protect the environment comfortable for our players, and if it is possible to understand if that is not even as our real intention.

(google translate ftw)

K_I_R_E_E_K
10-08-2012, 10:34 PM
It's basicly "we want only jp players in the jp servers, if any non jp keeps hacking, using offensive languange,.... then we will ip block"

Sega said that the main reason is because they really want the jp server to be the home of jp players, i understand sega's position, it's not that great saying that there will be 3 servers and then ppl playing only in one of them, they will waste resources and money to divide players into 3 servers, at the moment the jp server is by all means a global server and sega may not have the capacity to hold so many.

As for the excuse that they are tired of cheaters and TOS breaking players and that they will ip ban then it's just sad, sega still believes that cheating isn't caused by jp players.
It's true that banning all non jp players will lower the cheating, but my point is that japan alone creates far less cheating then the rest of the world, it's a little obvious that when you block the majority of all nations in the world that the cheating will lower.

Reporting players may no longer be recomended, sega may end banning the user and the entire country.

Lee-yoshi
08-09-2012, 12:41 PM
So has anyone had any problems connecting to the Japanese PSO2 servers from outside Japan since?

dnd
09-09-2012, 02:30 AM
So has anyone had any problems connecting to the Japanese PSO2 servers from outside Japan since?

Nope, not had any issues since, i guess it was more a warning then a mass ban, at this stage still.

Been playing it alot aswell, lv40 hunter/lv21 force at the moment :D

Lee-yoshi
10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Ah, that's cool then. Have they said anything about level caps? What's the highest you've seen so far (Just outta curiousity! ;))

K_I_R_E_E_K
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
40 i guess

dnd
12-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Ah, that's cool then. Have they said anything about level caps? What's the highest you've seen so far (Just outta curiousity! ;))

Lv40 is the cap, per class. If there wasn't such a low cap, very hard/ultimate levels already unlocked, I'd imagine seeing people @ lv100-120 by now, easy.

Lv50 and very hard have been announced as part of the October update with subclasses.

Lee-yoshi
16-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Ah right ok, so they're just releasing higher level caps slowly. I suppose that's a better way to do it then just making it all available in one go... hmmm...