PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Rangers

Bmil
07-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Well, i have some various tips for rangers that i have found helpfull.
1)ALWAYS carry a saber, partisan, or some other melee weapon just incase it becomes to hard to lock onto a monster with your gun and you are surrounded at close quarters
2)Keep your distance, if there are a good deal of monsters, then do 1 combo on 1 monster, fall back, and keep firing, if you get swarmed see tip #1
3)Get Resta as soon as you possibly can, it will save you money in the long run
4)Find most of your weapons as buying them from the shops is expensive at early lvls
5)When you play with friends, make sure there is one HU, and if possible a FO, the hunter makes a good distraction, and then you can shoot at an enemy from afar without worrying about getting hit, the force can heal and cast supporting spells like shifta and deband, or jellen and zalure, if you play with ranger friends, make sure you are 5-10 lvls apart MAX, to much of a lvl difference will leave you huddled in a corner and surrounded as your dmg will vary to much
6)Pick an ID that either has handguns, rifles, shots, launchers, bazookas or mechguns as one of the common special weapons drops
7)Learn how many hits or combos it takes you to kill an enemy
8)Save all grinders for special weapons

dnd
07-08-2007, 09:29 PM
1)spread needle
2)see tip1
3)frozen shooter and/or a hp-stealing wep (crush bullet at the very least)
4)good tip
5)hope the hu and fo are god players
6)yellowboze
7)good tip
8)good tip

Cye Zero
12-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I normally would have to carry three weapons to overcome various situations on Ragol.
1st. A long range rifle (typical ranger weapon)
2nd. A Parison or some kind of spear (multiple target close-range weapon)
3rd. A pair of mechguns (for that stubborn single close ranged target that just won't give up and die.)

Magic is normally good to have in a tight spot, but that's not really an option for cast users who can't use magic (until PSU of course :p). So I suggest cast users pick weapon that have a status effect that can also help stall the enemy long enough for you to get away.

K_I_R_E_E_K
12-10-2007, 04:42 PM
the RAmarr for example since he has the ability to cast techs he can cast zonde to target and then fire with a rifle type weapon, since the zonde targets and hit's the enemy you won't need to move your char at all, you will fire and hit the enemy for sure
(zonde makes your char turn and aim at the enemy automaticly)